Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JyotiYour feedback matters!
I am sixteen weeks pregnant. I have so much vomit problem so dat I can not drink milk. Suggest me what can I do for my baby's growth. My weight also less during pregnancy.
Sex ke dauran sperm vergina se bahr aa jata hai. Iski vajah se pregnancy nii ho pa rhi hai. Iska kya reason hai. please Hindi me bataiye.
She is married and has itchiness and redness problem near her inner vagina lips from where she pee (I. E itchiness on heart shape lips). Itchiness starts any time there is no connection with her sexual life. She used to treat it with dettol and warm water. But as it happens again and again she wants a a perfect solution. please suggest her a medicine or lotion or anything else which do not harm her.
I am suffering from varginal discharge. And its flow will increase after intercouse. Its is very irritating to feel wet very time. Dischage is of yellowish in colour. Its very smelly. It is increasing day by day. Please tell me what is the issue. I also consult with Dr. They can't specify me what is the issue. Please help.
Dear drs, Am working in abroad for the last 5 years. My marriage was before one year, we lived together only 30 days on that month. We tried for a babe but was failure. So this time I bring my wife abroad for a 3 month visit. My wife have pcod. Last June 15th doctor advised for a abdominal and pelvic scan. From the result doctor said that there is no normal ovulation happening. Wife have 150 cm height and 56 kg weight, so doctor given metformin tablet and told us to try. After 6 months of her food control and exercise she got 56 kg from 62 kg. And got periods regular for the last 4 months but this month 4 days late. Before yesterday found a brown color spot from the inner wear only one time, the very next day started the period bleeding and vomiting and headache also. For a baby how can we overcome these problems kindly help as soon as possible. Thanking You.
I am 35 years old. I am lactation mother to 5 month baby girl. Can l take hairootz capsules. I have a big problem for hair fall and hair thinning.
Hello I'm 22 years old Female height 5 3' and weight is just 42 kg from last few months there is loss appetite feeling sick weak day by day and there is burning sensation in soles of my legs all the time it feels like I have put down my legs on fire please help.
Hi im 40 years old I have done ivf test 1st spt and after that I have a physical issue I have a fever and paining body so what I do I call my doctor he told me come 14th of spt. So what I do.
I am a gym boy. I do heavy weight workout. My question is. Gym can be affect sex life. If affect. then good or bad effect?
Dear sir/madam, Before monthly date coming than after start pain in my breast. Please solve my problem.
My lmp date is 13 oct 2015. Mujhe conceive kiye 30 weeks ho gye h. Baby ki growth 2 week jyada h gestational age se. Baby breech position h or doctor ka kehna h ye koi issue nhi h abhi tym h delivery mei or tb tk thik ho jayga. Actually m very curious about my baby prediction gender. So kya koi b aisa tarika h jisse Ghr Pr hi prediction kr ske. Now I can't wait for my baby girl or baby boy.
Being overweight can be as problematic as being underweight. Both the situations can have an effect on the infertility in a woman. Usually, the body stores the sex hormones in the fat layers. That is why, if a person is underweight, she can have infertility issues, as there is not enough storage space for the hormones. In the same way if a person is overweight, then there is an excess of fat tissues and the amount of the hormone estrogen released is usually more than that the body can handle. This leads to a disruption of the chemicals and proteins, leading to adverse reactions and infertility.
Common Weight Related Infertility Reasons
Being overweight is somewhat linked with the Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and an increase in estrogen hormone. Also, there is a greater chance of a luteal phase defect. Let us see how these can affect a woman:
- Estrogen: This hormone is produced by the fat cells, and if there is too much of estrogen production, then the body reacts to it in a similar manner when birth control pills are taken. Ovulation may or may not occur, and if it does, it might be inadequate. And the inadequate ovulation leads to luteal phase defect.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): This is basically an endocrine disorder with a combination of many symptoms. Symptoms are pain, irregular cycles, ovulatory pain, ovarian cysts, excessive body hair and heavy menstrual bleeding. Diagnosis for PCOS helps in determining the treatment for weight loss.
- Luteal Phase Defect: The luteal phase refers to the phase between the ovulation and the menses. The ideal time period for this phase is 14 days. LPD is generally caused by improper ovulation, and thus improving the quality of the follicles is necessary to correct the situation.
How Does Being Overweight Affect Conception Rate
As per a study which was published in the British Medical Journal, if women are too lean or too obese, they can have difficulty in conceiving and that fat distribution has an effect on the body. Women who have a large waist-hip ratio have difficulty in conceiving, and apple shaped women also face the same trouble. Usually, women who have PCOS have an apple shaped body.
Risk of Miscarriage Due To Being Overweight
Women suffering from PCOS and obesity have more chances of miscarriage as compared to others. The reason is that women with PCOS have increased LH, which tends to affect the pregnancy. However, it is noticed that even if excess fat does not play any role in pregnancy, women with PCOS have excess weight which creates high risk as compared to the others.
Finding Help for Overweight Issues is a Good Idea
Seeking help if you are overweight is always advisable. Consulting a good gynecologist can help along with weight management and fertility treatment. You shouldn't have any hesitations, and all the questions should be asked freely so as to get a holistic idea of the treatment. The doctor might suggest some tests and also conduct a physical examination of the lymph nodes and the abdomen, to check the ovaries and the uterus. Post physical examination, an internal examination of the cervix to check for infections is done, and if need be, a pap smear might be collected and sent to the lab for culture. At times, a trans-vaginal or an abdominal ultrasound might also be done to rule out the possibilities of abnormalities or others cysts. Tests to check the levels of hormones are also done.
It is always a wise decision to know how being overweight can impact the chances of becoming pregnant. Working towards losing weight and getting it under healthy BMI levels, can lead to the restoration of the hormones and in turn make you healthier.
You probably think that things can go wrong during a surgery only and not to post surgery. However, you are wrong! The chances of infection after a surgery are very high and it used to be the highest cause of unsuccessful surgeries in the past, before it was known just how deadly an infection could be. A doctor, however, cannot monitor everything afterwards. Therefore, it is crucial you know and take care of yourself after the surgery.
Here are some ways in which you can do so:
- Keep it dry: It is crucial that you keep the incision dry for whatever period of time the doctor tells you as otherwise the chances of infection increase dramatically. Some of the things you should do to keep it dry is to not take a bath, scrub the incisions or put lotions on it. In fact, you should also not expose it to sunlight.
- Keep the incisions: You must trust your doctor as the doctor is trained and usually knows things better than you. Therefore, if the doctor tells you to keep the incisions, then keep them. Do not scrub, rub or put powder on them either.
- Check for signs of infection: This may be the easiest thing to do as there are many symptoms of an infection. These include a change in the color, size, or odor of the incision, fever, redness, hardening or heating of the surrounding area or in extreme cases more bleeding and pain than usual.
- Changing a dressing: This is a major cause of infections among surgery patients and the only way to prevent it is to follow the doctor's instructions. Once again, trust your doctor and remember to wash your hands and put on medical gloves. Do not put alcohol, iodine or hydrogen peroxide either. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.