Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. JyotiYour feedback matters!
Most of the young people’s lungs get abused early on and age faster due to smoking and pollution they breathe in, at times indirectly through passive smoking. It is important for us to keep our lungs healthy and young because our breathing depends on it.
Adopt following practices to consciously take care of your lungs.
1. Buy houseplants: Plants release oxygen which our lungs thrive on. Staying amidst greenery is the best thing you can do. If you are a city-dweller and do not have many trees around you, plant a few in your own balcony or garden.
2 Avoid jogging or cycling in traffic: Avoid staying anywhere near traffic heavy areas. If you plan to go jogging or cycling, prefer parks. If there are no parks or tracks near your home or work, opt for bylanes as there is lesser pollution.
3. Avoid main roads: Unless you are inside a car where pollution cannot reach you, take the bylanes and avoid main roads. This will save you from breathing in a lot of smog and dust emitted, keeping your lungs healthier.
4. Don't smoke: This doesn't really need to be told. Smoking is injurious to your health and damages your lungs. Being an active smoker or a passive smoker, both are harmful for you.
5. Go out in rain washed weather: The air is clear when it is raining. The dust has settled and the breeze has started blowing. If possible, walk in this time. Make sure you are covered.
6. Cover your nose if around fumes: If you work around fumes and smoke or if you live near factories etc, make sure you cover your nose and take adequate care to avoid inhaling the impure air.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Am I ttc from 1 yr. Today I have started follicular study and Dr. found small myoma measuring 0.62*0.52. please tell me is this is dangerous? Can I be able to conceive? Am very worried.
My mother age 60 yrs. After ultrasound report diagnose ovarian cyst. Two blood test CA 125 report result 71 and second one AFP report 2.7. She also sugar patient. Pl advice for further treatment.
I am 34 weeks pregnant. My baby is in breech position. Is normal delivery possible. ?is there any risk?
Are you among those people who love chocolates but are overcome by guilt even after having a small bar? (Basically 99% of the human population over the age of 12!) Here's some SWEET news for you! Studies show that not only can you bite into a lusciously rich-brown bar guilt-free but also delight in the knowledge that this food fit for the gods is doing your body a world of good. Sounds unbelievable? Read on...
1. Chocolate Reduces risk of diabetes by 31%
A detailed analysis of 7 studies published in 2011 reveals that dark chocolate can lessen the threat of type 2 diabetes by as much as 31%! This is due to enhanced insulin sensitivity and improved regulation of glucose triggered by chocolate consumption.
2. Chocolate Decreases risk of strokes by 20%
These sweet delights contain flavonoids, which are antioxidants with lots of health benefits. Swedish research reveals that consumption of 45 grams of chocolate per week helps in decreasing stroke risk among women by as much as 20 %.
3. 40 cups of cocoa a week enhance your blood flow
A recent survey by Harvard Medical School among Panama’s Kuna people reveals that less than 10 percent of their population suffer from heart diseases, diabetes or cancer due to the inclusion of up to 40 cups of cocoa into their weekly diet. Fascinating isn’t it? Dr. Norman, the lead researcher opines that the nitric oxide present in cocoa dilates vessels and enhances flow of blood through your body. Could there be a better way to stay healthy?
4. Chocolate boosts your working memory speed by 30%
Recently, the University of Nottingham conducted a brain-imaging study on healthy women. This showed that flavanol-rich cocoa improved the flow of blood into the brain for 2 to 3 hours. What’s more, it’s beneficial for older people suffering from dementia and Alzheimer’s. Plus chocolate enhances your scores on a working memory speed test by 30%.
5. Chocolate lowers risk of calcified plaque in the arteries by 32%
A recent study proved that consumption of chocolates for 2 or more times per week lowers risk of calcified plaque in the arteries by 32%. So basically, chocolate loves your heart as much your heart loves chocolate.
6. About 45 grams of chocolates keep exhaustion at bay
According to research conducted on chronic fatigue syndrome patients, an eight-week long consumption of 1.6 ounces (45 gm) of chocolate each day helps in keeping you active. The fact behind this is that chocolates help in enhancing your neurotransmitters, which in turn help in controlling sleep and mood.
So, now you might want to pamper yourself with this sinful delight. But do remember to take the path of moderation. Excess of anything… you can finish this line yourself. But do so while indulging in some good ol' Cadbury.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Vaginismus is a condition where vaginal contractions and squeezes may be caused due to pain during intercourse or due to the insertion of objects like tampons. This mildly uncomfortable condition is also characterised by spams and other symptoms like the feeling of coming up against a thick wall which can cause pain. This may be due to a variety of reasons starting from infections to anxiety. To a large extent, the treatment of this condition depends on the cause. Following are the various ways in which this condition can be treated.
- Sex Therapy: A sexologist or an expert who specialises in psychosexual medicine can help in treating this condition by conducting a series of counselling sessions where psychoanalysis will help in understanding and unravelling the cause of the condition. This may be followed by CBT or cognitive behavioural therapy. This kind of therapy usually helps in reprogramming the brain after the root cause for the condition is known.
- Exercises: During sex therapy, the doctor may also teach you various kinds of exercises and vaginal trainers that can help you in strengthening the pelvic floor and relaxing the muscles as well. These vaginal trainers are especially helpful in equipping you suitably so that you can relax your vagina and let the insertion happen. Vaginal trainers consist of four smooth balls of plastic which can be inserted with the help of lubricants to help in stretching the vagina.
- Relaxation: Getting yourself to relax is also a matter of exploration and touching, which can help you understand the kind of touch and the exact areas that make you tense. During sex therapy, you may be taught a technique known as progressive relaxation. This mode includes tensing and relaxing your muscles as you explore by inserting a finger.
- Sensate Focus: This is a part of sex therapy and involves your partner. In this method, you will be asked to abstain from sex and touch each other without going to the genitals and other private parts. This will help in better arousal and sexual stimulation.
- Surgery: The last option for treating a very severe form of this condition is to put the patient through surgery which will seek to remove endometriosis, as these growths in the womb's lining can cause a lot of pain during intercourse. Also, vaginal enlargement surgery can be carried out with the help of episiotomy.
This kind of procedure usually helps in fixing the scar tissue that may have been left from a previous procedure, which can restrict or block the vaginal path. Getting help at the right time for this condition is of great importance so as to have a normal sex life.
I am having brown discharge weeks before nd after my period. So worried please suggest me something.
I am 25 years old female. I am pregnant and this s my first baby. I am first trimester. I have done my blood test.in blood test my thyroid level is 3.83. Is this normal? Please help me.
My period date is 10th march but today 14th march. I have safe sex to my bf in 3rd march. Have a chance to pregnancy? If I am pregnant so which medicine take this time?
I am on birth control but am taking other Meds with it I have not got my period in three months I have had unprotected sex yesterday for the first time is it possible for me to have gotten pregnant.
I stopped my mother feedings before six months now my baby girl is 1 and half year she had no strength in her body shall I give it again it's good or bad I stopped my mother feed using tablets it will come again is there any solution for this if it is possible to give again kindly reply soon as possible mam/sir.
Hello. My friend ,she had unprotected sex with her boyfriend. In may. and now she also did pregnancy test ,its showing positive result and she too did not got period since last two month . . She is 19 year old. What should we do? We want abortion. please suggest.
I am female 23 year old, I had sex without precautions after 2 days of my periods, I took I pill after 4 hours and one after 24 hours and yesterday again my periods came. So please tell me is any chance of pregnancy.
Doctor jab m sex krti hu to mujhe condom pasand nhi h aur jiske sath me sex krti hu vo apna saara sperm mere ander daal deta h aur mujhe unwanted 72 bhi deta h khane k liye, ap kuch mujhe thik suggestions digiye jise mujhe prblm na ho aur mujhe time pr periods bhi nhi ho rhe h kabhi 1 ya 2 months m ho jate h kabhi nhi bhi hote h ap kuch esa bataeye jise m theak se sex kr pau aour mujhe koi problm bhi na ho aour mere periods time pr ho kya periods hone ki koi teblet bhi aati h kya mujhe pta h jiske sat m sex krti hu vo to hamesha mere ander hi apna sperm dalega pr ap kuch mujhe btao please saari baato ko jo m medical store se le aau ya ghr pr hi kr saku please help me.
I am married 30 years old women, my ovaries are very small in size and not having periods without medicine I am taking'ovral l' every month for periods. My uterus and both kidneys are normal in size, so is there and process for me to get pregnant?
I am 17 years old. I started with my periods at the age of 12. Since then there has been very little growth in bust area. I am barely an A cup. Whereas other girls of my age are fully developed. Why is my growth so slow? Will the growth rate increase by any chance?
1) focus on eating whole grains & cereals, legumes, fresh fruits and vegetables. 2) go for foods providing plenty of protein, calcium & iron.
3) traditionally, breast feeding moms are given a lots of dry fruits, ghee & sugar. These high calory foods were meant to supplement the khichdi diet that moms traditionally follow after birth.
4) try dry fruits without ghee & sugar by putting them in your dalia. This way you will not be loaded with high calories.