Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyothsna Reddy
Submit a review for Dr. Jyothsna ReddyYour feedback matters!
Is it normal to have a period cycle of 22 days. Thyroid is ok. What else can be reason? also having this period cycle can have any adverse affect on health?
I'm 27 years old unmarried, my regular period day is 27th of every month. Recently 3 days earlier to my periods I had unsafe sex with my boyfriend but he released the sperm outside. Now it's 7 days over I dint get my periods. On 5th days of sex I checked n got negative in hpt test. Can you please Tell whether I'm pregnant? Pls help.
Homeopathy is a field of medicine that uses natural resources to make a difference in the long-term and on a sustainable basis. Presently, it is used by over 200 million people. On the basis of this philosophy, a homeopath provides remedies which can suit best to the physical and psychological conditions of a patient. Homeopathic remedies are certainly not very high in dosage. Its main purpose is to recognize and discard the cause behind the condition.
Following are the 7 myths about homeopathy:
- Training: It is a major myth that homeopaths do not really undergo proper medical training. The truth is that all these doctors have to go through a four year long process of training via courses offered at accredited colleges and universities. Further, the course also includes modules on pathology, anatomy and other fields like materia medica and homeopathic philosophy. By the time the training is over, the doctor is like any other doctor in any other field. Further, with constant research and practice, the doctor can become even more of an expert within ten years.
- Remedies are prescribed by doctors with no formal training: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies are prescribed simply on the basis of the visible symptoms and no diagnosis is done. However, the fact is that these remedies are prescribed by qualified medical professionals graduated from homeopathy medical colleges. They diagnose your medical condition before prescribing you any remedy.
- Unscientific medicines: These medicines are usually termed as unscientific by cynics. The truth is that the metals and minerals contained in the medicines are tested and put under trial before they are released for consumption. The values are recorded on periodic tables. The substances also include ingredients like plants and snake's venom. Each medicine's symptoms and accidental allergies are recorded and put forth with a perspective on human nature. The books on homeopathy are written and recorded on the basis of the symptoms and allergic reactions. Also, many people believe that the medicines are simply water as they are diluted solutions. These medicines are diluted with a method called succussion, which makes a dose potent with the help of vigorous shaking. While higher potency drugs are given to those suffering from an emotional state of belief regarding an ailment, lower potency medication is prescribed for those suffering from severe cases.
- Strict dietary restriction is to be followed at the time of homeopathic treatment: Many people believe that they have to control on their eating habits while undergoing homeopathic treatment. Fact is that for some patients, ingredients like garlic, onion, alcohol, coffee, tobacco etc. are to be avoided during the tenure of treatment. This is simply because these ingredients interfere with the homeopathic treatment.
- Homeopathy can cure any disorder: Some people have a strong belief that homeopathic remedies can cure any disorder or any medical condition. Fact is that this remedy is completely ineffective in cases where there is ultimate need of manual intervention where medicinal action is not suggestive eg: fractures, appendicitis, large tumors, etc.
- No proof of efficiency: While it is a well known fact that homeopathy efficacy cannot be tested by standardised methods, due to the personalisation of the medication for each individual, it is also true that the efficacy has been proven with 180 controlled tests in the past 24 years and 118 random tests in the same time frame. It is important to know your facts before you decide to go with a certain field of medicine. With homeopathy, there will be a lot of focus on the human mind as well as the ailment for an inside out approach.
- Homeopathic remedies are not scientific: Many people consider homeopathic remedies to be unscientific. However, the basis behind homeopathy is pharmacological and clinical data. Vast studies and researches have been conducted on homeopathic remedies and treatment.
My last date was on 28-12-2017. Frequent urination. Tiredness. Vomiting sensation. We have sex alternative days. Can I be pregnant.
What is the best time to conceive a baby? What is the best time not to conceive a baby without using condom and any contraceptives?
Tips about Menstrual cycle, Safe periods and various methods of contraception.
I am Dr. Indu Taneja working as a senior consultant in Fortis Escort Hospital Faridabad. My special interests are high risk obstetrics and laparoscopic surgery. Today I will talk about contraception little about the normal menstrual cycle.
A normal cycle is of approximately 28 days so the ovulation means the egg formation occurs in the middle of the cycle that is approximately 14 days but this day is not fixed it can be one or two days prior or one or two days later. So let’s say if it happens on 14th day four or five days before the egg formation and four or five days after the egg formation is the period which is the danger zone that means the pregnancy can happen in this period if you have intercourse during this period so this is the danger zone. So if one happens to have the relation in this period one can use emergency contraception which is you must be all aware of pill 72 or unwanted pill which is to be taken 72 hours within this period the pregnancy is to be avoided.
Next will be other contraception like the barrier method which is normally condom. This is not the foolproof method. This has the maximum failure rate approximately 35 percent. This is mainly effective in the period when the patient is breastfeeding. At this period this is the common effective method. Then there are the other methods you have heard about the pills and the Copper T. The pills are the second commonest method in which every day one has to take the pill for 21 days. The main drawback of the pill is you have to remember you have to take it on a fixed time and fixed day. You should not miss even a single dose. If one misses a dose you can have breakthrough bleeding and the failure also happens. So this is the main drawback of the pills but otherwise the safety profile is very good.
Other method is the IUCD that is the Copper T which is inserted inside the uterus. This has again the same efficacy as the pills but the advantage over the pills is you are not supposed to remember this. This once inserted can be kept and can be used for three years to five years. Government has also provided the intra uterine device which is effective for five years it is as effective as the contraceptive pills but little drawback of this is sometime this can cause irregular bleeding or the heavy bleeding during the periods which can be taken care of giving some kind of medications.
If you need any further clarification or any kind of clarification or consultation you can consult me on lybrate.
I am not getting interest while doing intercourse with my husband, and not get excite as my husband, so can you suggest me some medicine? Can I use viagra like sexual tablets.
Depression risk and olive oil
People whose diets are high in trans fats - fast foods and mass-produced foods like pastries - may have a higher risk of depression, compared with those whose diets are rich in mono- and polyunsaturated fats.
The investigators counted the number of people with depression at the start of the study and then again during each follow-up. Cases of depression had to be those clinically diagnosed by a doctor.
The study authors found that when they compared the volunteers who consumed trans fats regularly with individuals whose dietary fat consisted primarily of olive oil, the trans fat consumers had a 48% higher risk of developing depression.
The amount of trans fat consumed was directly related to depression risk - the more they ate, the higher the risk.
Olive oil may reduce breast cancer risk
A team of scientists at the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona in Spain found a key mechanism by which virgin olive oil protects the body against breast cancer, in contrast to other vegetable oils.
The researchers decoded a complete cascade of signals within the cells of breast tumors that are activated by virgin olive oil. They concluded that the oil reduces the activity of p21Ras, an oncogene, prevents DNA damage, encourages tumor cell death, and triggers changes in protein signaling pathways.
The team found that while corn oil - which is rich in n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids - increased the aggressiveness of tumors, virgin olive oil had the opposite effect.
They demonstrated that virgin olive oil is linked to a higher incidence of benign (non-cancerous) breast tumors.
Hey I have a doubt regarding an unprotected sex. I had an unprotected sex last week and two hours I drink ginger tea as I read about this remedy on Google and then the very next I took I pill. I had my sex around 5 pm and I took I pill around 2 pm. Last month I had my periods on 20 October and I did intercourse on 6 November and after taking I pill I was having white discharge but it was normal but as my dates are near the white discharge increases is there any relation between I pill and white discharge I am worried. Please reply me soon.
Hi We want delay pregnancy for 6-8 months. Can we use freedom 5 for 6-8 months. 2 years back I was pcos patient and right now having baby if 15 months. Or is there any other method to avoid pregnancy for 6-8 months.
I am 28 years old female. 3 years completed for marriage. I have 3 continuous miscarriages in a year. After this from 1 year not conceive naturally. What be the possible reason. menstrual cycle is normal 28 to 30 days. Please reply.
Did you know your sexual desire isn’t just a reflection of whether or not you’re attracted to someone? Our sexual desire is complex and there are things most people do everyday that lower their libido and stop them from having the hot sex life they truly want for themselves, and their lover/s! Avoid doing the following if you don't want your sex drive
1. Poor diet
It's not about the number on the scale, but what you put in your system. A diet high in fat lowers libido. A diet of junk lowers libido. Think of healthy food as fuel not just for your body generally, but for your sex drive. Put in clean, green fuel and you will have a sexual system raring to go. Punish it with vitamin-poor, difficult to digest processed items which barely meet the qualifications of food, and your libido will slow to a snail’s pace. Not sexy.
2. Lack of exercise
Your sexual response utilises your hormones, your muscles, your circulatory system and your nerves, to name but a few. If those areas of your body are in good shape and are performing well, then you will have a libido to match. If you’re a couch potato, then so is your libido: simply not in the mood. Get your move on to get your sexy groove on!
3. Not enough sleep
Your libido is not classified as a life or death function by your body, so when it’s tired, and chronically so, your body will put its limited energy resources into its vital body processes (digesting, and doing the tasks you require it to do). Your body will tell your libido to wait until it has some energy reserves. So sleep. Can you have sex when you’re tired all the time? Sure. Will you want to? No and no and no again.
Most people know that stress lowers their libido, but do you know it’s not all bad? A little bit of stress can prompt you to have sex as a stress reliever, and that’s good for you! But chronic high levels of stress will lower your libido - and not just for a week but months on end, until the stress is taken care of. So look after your sex life: take a meditation class. It helps fight stress and the added bonus is that doing meditation actually increases thel evels of DHEA in your body which … drumroll … increases your libido.
5. Negative self talk
Libido isn’t just physical. A huge part of it is mental. If you tell yourself you aren’t beautiful and if you’re silent and don’t tell yourself you’re hot, sexy and attractive, then that’s exactly what your body will reflect. Your libido just left the building that is you, probably in search of someone who does say, "Hey I’m all that, yes I am!"
6. Lazy learning
We need to feel we are evolving and growing in life. Your libido is a fundamental part of your life. It’s not instinct and it fluctuates in reflection of what is going on in our lives, minds and bodies. If you aren’t proactive in your own life, if you aren’t stimulating your mind and body, then how can you expect your sex drive to be stimulated? An active person, in mind and body, is a sexy person. Stretch your imagination, grab life by both hands, and your libido will follow you anywhere.
What Is Libido? Why Does It Disappear Among Some of Us?
- Libido is defined as a person’s overall sexual drive or desire for sexual activity. Low libido in women and low libido in men have some similar roots, along with some gender-specific ones as well.
- For men, it’s actually quite normal to have a gradual decrease in libido as a man gets older. Each man is different, but most men tend to have some amount of sexual desire into their 60s and 70s. If aging isn’t at the root of libido decrease, a man may be depressed or experiencing too much stress. Other possible causes of low sex drive men are a medication side effect, a decrease in male sex hormones due to an endocrine disorder or sleep apnea. A little-known fact is how sleep apnea can lead to an unusually low testosterone level.
- Low testosterone can also cause erectile dysfunction (ED), a condition in which a man can’t get or maintain an erection. While both issues may involve low testosterone, ED and low libido do not necessarily equate or even happen at the same time. Men who have a hard time getting or maintaining an erection usually have a normal or even high sex drive.
- When it comes to a low sex drive in women, there can be many causes. According to sex psychologist Sheryl Kingsberg, Ph.D, “Women’s sexuality tends to be multifaceted and fairly complicated.”
- Common causes of a loss of sexual desire or low libido in women include issues in your relationship with your sexual partner, sociocultural influences (job stress, media images of sexuality, etc. ) and medical conditions (like fibroids, endometriosis and thyroid problems).
- Low testosterone doesn’t just cause sexual issues for men. Women can also experience low testosterone. Female testosterone levels peak in the mid-20s and then steadily decrease until a woman goes through menopause. After menopause, female testosterone levels drop dramatically, and sex drive can drop dramatically as well. Birth control pills and other forms of hormonal pregnancy prevention can also have negative effects on a woman’s desire for sexual activity.
- When it comes to how to increase your libido, there are two key biological chemicals that may affect your level of sexual desire whether you’re a man or woman. I’m talking about dopamine and prolactin. It’s theorized that dopamine increases desire while prolactin decreases it. If you take any medications, it’s important to know that some can increase prolactin release or inhibit dopamine release. Either of these two scenarios can decrease sexual desire and also cause other sexual side effects.
- In men, low prolactin has been linked with multiple signs of poor sexual health and psychological health. Low prolactin levels are also associated with a larger body mass index (BMI), high blood sugar levels, lower levels of physical activity and just generally feeling unhealthier.
- Relationship issues, depression, prescription medications, alcoholism, drug abuse and/or chronic diseases like diabetes can all be at the root of low sex drive for both sexes. A BMI that’s too high can also cause problems for both men and women when it comes to libido. Obese men tend to struggle with erectile difficulty, but studies have shown that losing only a small percent of weight can improve both male and female sexual function. A study conducted at Duke University reports that obese people are 25 times more likely to report sexual problems.
How to Increase Libido Through Diet
Let’s talk about how to increase libido through your diet, which includes what you should eat more of and what you should avoid or reduce significantly.
Foods That Help
- Natural Aphrodisiacs — Figs, bananas and avocados are natural aphrodisiacs loaded with vitamins and minerals that can encourage more blood flow to the genitals and naturally increase sex drive.
- Vitamin C foods — Vitamin C improves blood circulation to the organs so it’s important to make sure you consume foods rich in vitamin C on a daily basis. Vitamin C has also specifically been linked with a healthier female libido. Some great choices include broccoli, oranges, red peppers and guava.
- Iron-rich foods — For women in particular, low iron levels can have a negative affect on sexual desire, arousal, lubrication and ability to have an orgasm. Great sources of iron include dark leafy greens like kale and spinach, along with grass-fed beef.
- Collagen-rich foods — Collagen production naturally declines with age. This has a direct negative effect on skin health and makes it harder to keep skin firm. This phenomenon can make it harder for men to maintain an erection, and it can lead to a looser vaginal wall in women. To increase your collagen levels, you can consume more bone broths and opt for a collagen supplement powder. Vitamin C also helps to increase collagen production.
- Sweet potatoes — Sweet potatoes or yams are loaded with potassium and vitamin A. The potassium can help with high blood pressure, which makes a man more likely to have erectile dysfunction.
- Watermelon — In 2008, research conducted at Texas A&M demonstrated that watermelon may have a Viagra effect. The phytonutrients known as lycopene, beta-carotene and citrulline found in watermelon help relax blood vessels. While watermelon might not be as organ-specific as Viagra, it can be helpful in the bedroom without any negative side effects when you naturally want to improve libido.
- Spices like nutmeg and clove — Spices are loaded with antioxidants, which is great for overall health, including libido. Research published in the journal BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine specifically found that extracts of nutmeg and clove enhanced the sexual behavior of male animal subjects. Clove is also great at improving bad breath.
- Dark chocolate — Research has shown that chocolate consumption leads to the release of phenylethylamine and serotonin, leading to some aphrodisiac and mood-lifting effects. Just make sure you choose a low-sugar, high-quality dark chocolate.
- Brazil nuts — These nuts are high in selenium, which plays a role in maintaining healthy testosterone levels.
- Almonds — Rich in zinc, selenium and vitamin E, almonds contain vitamins, minerals and healthy fats that can improve sexual health and reproduction.
- Water — Making sure you’re not dehydrated is helpful when it comes to your libido since dehydration can cause a number of negative side effects that can easily dull sexual desire. If you want to avoid possible fatigue, headaches and vaginal dryness then drink up.