Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Jyothsna RYour feedback matters!
I am 21 year old. And I have eyes problem, I have red eyes from last 3-4 days. please tell me solution?
My left eye is red and swollen having little pain from last two days please tell me some remedy soon I also tried an eye drop but no relief.
Hi Dr, I am 25 years male. I have itching in my eyes and its became red due to allergy. Suggest me eye drop and home remedy also.
My 12 year old has asthma and allergic reactions to pollens from when he was 3 years old. He has constant congestion in the chest & upper respiratory tract. Due to dust & pollen allergies he has sudden itching & red eye. The eye doctor has diagnosed it as allergic reaction to dust, pollen. He has suggested some lubrication eye drops like Refresh tears, anti allergic eyes drops and montair kid syrup. He suggested to do cold compress when the eye starts paining.
I am 22 yr old and I have always pain in my eyes something like irritation when I am studying or while driving also continuously My eyes is paining. I am not using any spec. In winter the pain is extreme. Please suggest me what step I have to do or what test?
I have an eye problem and my eyes flow a lot and everyday when I wake up my eyes become wet so what should I do?
I am a 30 years old Business consultant. My nature of work is mostly in front laptop for the day. Due to this sometimes my eyes gets red and I feel very mild irritation in my eyes. No complication though in my eyes. Is there any generic eye drop which I can use for my eyes? Please help me.
I am Parvindra (21) year old man. I get pain in my eyes and in my back when I wake up in the morning. What should I do?
I have red eyes over a long time and slightly itching. Even though if I had a proper sleep some times I see smoke all over the places but when I ask someone did you see the smoke tht time they tell me that the place is clear so what can I do for this.
Hello, recent times I am feeling someone holding me at night while sleeping, I was unable to open my eyes and can't do anything.
Top 4 myths busted about glaucoma/ kala motia - a silent disease with irreversible vision loss and a history of inheritance, so evaluation of eyes is essential if there is a family history of disease even when there is no vision related problem in your eyes.
#1 Glaucoma is caused due to high eye pressure
This is a misconception. High eye pressure definitely poses risk for glaucoma but is not necessarily present when glaucoma develops. Many people diagnosed with glaucoma have normal eye pressure and conversely some have a high eye pressure but never develop glaucoma.
#2 Glaucoma makes you blind
This is partially untrue because if diagnosed on time, glaucoma can surely be controlled with the help of latest and effective treatment which comprises of eye drops, medicines and surgery or a combination of all three.
#3 It's easy to self diagnose glaucoma because it affects vision
Glaucoma in initial stages may not show any signs or symptoms. Therefore, to prevent vision loss from glaucoma it's important that it's detected on time. So, if you are above 40 years, have a family history of glaucoma, or even if you face any vision related problem, it's important you get your eyes examined immediately. Because vision loss caused due to glaucoma, cannot be reversed.
#4 Glaucoma is curable
Glaucoma can be controlled by the latest treatments available but it can't be cured. It is a chronic condition that requires life long treatment and strict monitoring. As mentioned above, any loss of vision due to glaucoma is irreversible. The aim of the treatment is to arrest or control any further damage to your eyes.
Doctor has an experience of 34 yrs, 50000 eye surgeries and 10000 phaco surgeries since 1986 in patna.
Get personalized advice online/take second opinion/book physical appointment online/read complete detail of doctor on www.lybrate.com/arjunkumarsingh or lybrate app (better user experience).
Dr Arjun Kumar Singh,
Avadh Eye Hospital, Patna.
Sir I have a eye problem that is it becomes more blurry in between when I try to focus on things and I get headache more often, so I would like to know y this is happening.
Myopia is a common refractive error of the eye that makes it difficult to focus on far away objects. People who are nearsighted will see objects close to them clearly, while those further away appear blurry. Myopia is natural. An overall longer shape of the eye usually causes myopia, so it is a naturally occurring visual problem that cannot be prevented. Nearsightedness tends to run in families, but you don't need to have a myopic parent to develop it. Myopia begins at an early age and worsens in the teenage years, but generally stabilizes in adulthood.
Here are the most common signs and symptoms of myopia:
- Objects far away, like a chalkboard or road signs, appear blurry
- Persistent need to squint or close eyelids to see clearly
- Headaches due to eyestrain
- Difficulty seeing while driving a vehicle, especially at night (night myopia)
- Need to sit closer to the television, movie screen or the front of the classroom
- Holding books very close while reading
- Not able to notice distant objects
Causes of Myopia
Nearsightedness happens when your eye is longer than normal, or, less often, when your cornea is too curved. It’s a problem in the focusing mechanism of the eyes. However, the exact cause of myopia is not known. Research about myopia supports two key risk factors:
- Family history. If one or both parents are nearsighted, the chance of their children developing it increases.
- Working up close. Myopia may be helped along by how a person uses their eyes. Intense detail work, long hours in front of a computer or reading can also increase the chances of developing myopia.
Treatment Options for Myopia (Nearsightedness)
When treating myopia, the goal is to help your eyes focus on far away objects. The most common way to achieve this is through
- Corrective glasses
- Contact lenses
- Refractive eye surgery, such as LASIK, is available for adults and those with moderate to high levels of nearsightedness
Adults who have developed cataracts may also have their myopia corrected with an intraocular lens (IOL) that replaces the human lens during cataract surgery. The most appropriate treatment depends on your eyes and your lifestyle. Nearsightedness can also be corrected as part of the cataract surgery procedure.
- Contacts and Glasses: Eyeglasses and contact lenses can correct myopia. However, they cannot stop the eye from growing longer or cure the irregular curve of the cornea that causes your blurry vision.
- Surgery: Surgery can decrease or eliminate dependency on eyeglasses and contact lenses. LASIK surgery is the most common type of surgery to correct myopia.
- ICL (intraocular collamer lenses) or phakic lensesIn adults with cataracts, is an option for those myopic patients who are not suitable for lasik surgery due to either less corneal thickness or very high myopia.
- Orthokeratology: A new type of treatment which offers an alternate solutions to people who are suffering from myopia. This is also known as Ortho-K. As a part of this procedure a person has to wear specialized lens overnight, to correct the vision for the next day. Orthokeratology is a process that uses specially designed GP contact lenses to temporarily reshape the contour of the cornea to reduce myopia (nearsightedness). In addition to the benefit of lens-free daytime vision, orthokeratology is starting to be appreciated for its ability to slow the progression of myopia. A number of published clinical studies have found that orthokeratology lens designs inhibit the growth of the eye's axial length, which determines the degree of myopia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.