Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyothilakshmi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JyothilakshmiYour feedback matters!
I want to know about medical abortion. Does it requires doctor's assistance or can be conducted at home. Is it very painful? What precautions needed?
I had a sex with my girlfriend on 26/8/17 and her MC date on 12/08/17 .after half hour of sex I had given her unwanted 72 but she got wound .but on 2/09/17 she got few drop of blooding and after blooding she took pregnancy test one time it was positive. Is she is pregnant .help me please.
Dysmenorrhea or painful periods occur when a woman feels pain in the stomach area, thighs, back and legs. This kind of a pain is very common during periods. While many consider this to be a common problem, extreme pain and cramps are not supposed to be taken too lightly.
The nature and severity of pain vary from one female to another. In some patients, the pain is mild. In others, the pain is severe. In fact, it may be so severe that one is forced to be in bed. While some have cramping pains, others feel discomfort only. In some cases, the pain is in the abdomen or lower abdomen. In others, the pain occurs in the back or legs. Some other symptoms too accompany the pain. Nausea or vomiting are commonly present with the pain. Irritability may also be seen. Some patients lose appetite. In most of the cases, the onset of pain is a little before the menses. The pain is usually relieved when the flow begins or at the most by the second day. Relief in pain is felt with hot fomentation or by bending double.
Homeopathic Medicines For Painful Menses:
Most females keep taking painkillers when they have pain. This is repeated at every menstrual cycle as they start thinking that this is normal. There is no need to think so. Homeopathic medicines are very effective in curing this problem. There are dozens of medicines that can be indicated according to the symptoms. All of the medicines have given wonderful results in my hands. Here I have compiled a list of the most commonly used medicines. The list has been named as the 5 best Homeopathic medicines for painful menses.
The extent and nature of the pain differ from one woman to another. In a few patients, the pain is very subtle. In others, the pain is extreme. Here are a few homeopathic cures that can help get rid of the period pain:
Lac Caninum helps in getting rid of painful swelling and tenderness in breasts that occur before the period and the pain may occur alternately.
Pulsatilla is the most commonly used homeopathic medication. Mood swings are common during periods; hence it helps in curing them as well. It is more suited for the women who experience subtle and tender pain. The person tends to get very emotional. Periods are generally late. The patient usually feels better outdoors and they do not feel thirsty easily. All these can be cured with Pulsatilla.
Cimicifuga is used when there is a pain that feels like cramps. It is one of the best homeopathic medicines for painful periods. It is also one of the best homeopathic medicine for extremely painful periods when other side effects show up as well. The pain usually occurs in the lower stomach area, but tends to shoot down towards the legs as well.
Mag Phos is very helpful in situations where the pain is usually relieved by using heating pads. The pain is likewise improved by applying pressure. The periods are dull. The pain increases due to cold and at night. Mag Phos is hence, one of the best homeopathic medicines for periods as well.
Nux Vomica is used when there is a continuous urge to pass stool while experiencing pain in the pelvic area. Nux Vomica is one of the best homeopathic treatments for such painful periods.
Belladonna is effective in situations where the pain begins and stops all of a sudden. The face tends to become hot, red and flushed. The blood flow is extremely red. The pain might be in the form of cramps as well.
- Chamomilla is used when the individual might be excessively touchy and feels extreme pain even if it is not that painful. The blood might be dark with large clots with a scarlet red hue. The person might also have extreme mood swings. Also, excruciating pain extends down the inner thighs. The individual tends to crave frosty beverages and the pain is more pronounced when she is lying down.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had sex with my girlfriend 10 may used emergency pill. She got period 24 may. Then 10 June she started bleeding for 3 days. Why she bleed? Then we sex two times with protection. Now her period is off. She took pregnancy test 10 July and it was negative. Is she pregnant? What to do now?
I have pcod. As per doctors advice I reduced some of my weight, but still my periods are not regular. I want to conceive. What shall I do? I am taking APCOD obis and doctor has given me deviry for periods. Please help.
I am pregnant. Nd some times I am bleeding. I did sonography and taking medicines as well. Baby heart beat have not been noticed in sonography report .now I am getting white liquid from my breast.
My frnd is married since 3 years and she is getting her period one month delayed every time. N still she is not pregnant .she is not having disease like pcod t, thyroid .what could be the reason behind it?
Irregular ovulation or anovulation (a condition where a woman does not ovulate at all) can be quite agonizing, triggering a host of health problems, including difficulty in conceiving. The irregular ovulation could be an amalgamation of many factors including obesity, thyroid disorders, PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids, uncontrolled intake of caffeinated and alcoholic drinks, to name a few. With the advancement of medical science, the problem is no longer a big deal. In this article, we will discuss the role of ovulation induction and follicular monitoring in dealing with irregular ovulation cycles and the related complications.
What is Ovulation Induction?
Ovulation induction comes as a blessing for women who don't ovulate regularly (there is a deviation from the usual pattern of ovulation that takes place before every menstrual cycle). The procedure aims at regularizing the ovulation process. The medications (often hormones are used in the treatment) play a pivotal role in stimulating the follicular development of the ovaries so that healthy eggs are produced, developed, matured and finally released during ovulation. The procedure also benefits women get their menstrual cycles sans the ovulation (Anovulatory Menstrual Cycles). The problem mainly surfaces due to a drop in the progesterone level (a hormone responsible for the uterine lining thickening).
- The ovulation induction is an important process that requires a thorough examination and evaluation of the patient to understand their ovulation process, hormonal balance (or imbalance) and all the factors that could be a possible trigger resulting in the ovulation problem.
- In the next step, the physician carries out the stimulation of the ovulation process. For this purpose, selected hormones are given to the affected individual either orally or in the form of injections.
- The hormones work towards restoring the balance along with follicular development. This stimulation contributes significantly towards maturing an egg and ensuring its release for ovulation to take place.
- Through a series of regular pelvic ultrasounds, doctors are able to carefully monitor the development of the follicles along with how well the lining of the uterus thickens, following the ovulation induction.
- For those planning to conceive, ovulation induction, with proper monitoring, goes a long way to ensure at least one healthy egg will be available for the fertilization to take place.
Some women can also opt for Intrauterine Insemination, a pathbreaking procedure whereby, the sperm (collected and stored earlier) is injected into the vagina to facilitate the fertilization process.
Downside of the Ovulation Induction
The ovulation induction requires precision and accuracy and should be performed by experienced professionals who know their skill well.
- Even a small mistake in the ovulation induction can trigger many complications including Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. The condition can swell up the ovaries with abdominal pain, vomiting, breathing problems (shortness of breath), sudden and rapid weight gain. The ovaries also appear tender with some pain.
- Ovulation induction increases the risk of gestational diabetes, hypertension, nausea, to name a few.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi. I have a doubt. Hope I get the solution here. Now I'm 31 years. At the age of 28 I got pregnancy. Till then I was under anti epilepsy medication (tegrital). But when I got pregnancy doctor suggested to stop it gradually and stopped completely after my 4th month. I got c section delivery with baby boy with 2.5 kg. He is good. But I don't have lactation at all. My son was fully fed with formula. When asked to my doctor she said it may be due to using of anti epilepsy medicine. I used many tablets and home remedies but nothing worked. Now I'm again 2 months pregnant. Now I'm not using any medicines and I'm perfectly healthy now. Can I get enough lactation at least for the next coming baby. Can I do any thing from the time of pregnancy. Please suggest any ideas. Your answers will help me lot. Please.
Hello mam/sir she had periods before a week ago and after that we had unprotected sex or we can say that we do not use condoms while having sex and I come his vagina and she is bleeding and after 10 to 15 mint I give unwanted 72 pill to her is there chances to get pregnant plzz give me some proper solution.
Me ne suna hai ke pregnancy me bhi periods aa sakte hai agar aa te hai to woh kab tak aa ta hai or pregnancy me kitni baar aa sakta hai.
I am 25 years old female and I have certain problem during the pregnancy I have 7 month baby right now my problem is itching my whole body and at the night my palms and heels so what can I do for it.
I am taking birth control and I spotted the 2nd day of inactive pill which is the sugar pill and I am suppose to get my period the 8th is that normal?
I always to sex with girls but this time I am 19 years old and girl is 15 year s old what should I use to sex with girl what precautions I need.
Hello doctor I am 25 years now and 7 months over for my marriage now. I have diagnosed with pcos and all my hormonal levels are correct except LH which is about 18.5. How should I decrease the level of LH? Suggest me the right diet for pcos? And tell me the chances of conceiving? Thanks.
Please tell me a pcod diet plan to loose my weight is 70 kg, height 154 cm, 24 years old unmarried, suffering from pcod from past 3 yr, taking krimson 35 continuously from 3 yr.
One of the crucial types of surgery is the heart surgery, which is commonly known as the bypass. It is a type of surgery in which the chest is cut, and surgery is done on valves, muscles, and heart arteries. As per the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, it is one of the most common types of surgeries, which is performed on adults. During this surgery, the prime focus is to remove the blockage from the heart so that fresh blood can easily flow into the heart. No doubt that this process is critical, but it is easily true that after the surgery you have to take extra care of yourself.
Talking of which, here are certain things that you can expect after the surgery.
- Moved To ICU: The moment, the surgery is done, you will be moved to the Intensive Care Unit where the person’s health conditions will be monitored, vital signs will be checked, and medical professional will frequently visit to make sure that the patient is just doing fine. Once the surgery is over, you may not wake up quickly, but you will continue to breathe through the breathing tube. About food, of course, you will not be allowed to take solid food, but there is an intravenous (IV) needle will be put in a blood vessel in your chest and arm from which you will be given fluids.
- Recovery At Home: Once you are given the discharge, your focus should be to get recovered quickly. Recovery at home entirely depends on the heart problem for which the surgery was done. Of course, the doctor will give you necessary instructions with regards to healing incision, dealing with after effect is and understanding the signs of complications. Follow up the medicines and attend the appointments as advised to keep track of your health condition. You may face some after effects such as appetite loss, constipation and sleeping problem. If there is any complication, make sure you speak with a doctor about the same immediately.
- Ongoing Care Is Important Too: Once the surgery is over, as said, you will have to go for frequent checkup with your doctor. During these visits, your doctor will tell you to get blood, stress test and electrocardiogram done, which will assess the working condition of the heart. You might also be given few blood-thinning medicine and bring certain changes in lifestyle and medicine.
There are certain phases of recovery which will take time eventually. The first phase is the lengthy one that can last for around 6-8 weeks. Once you get a discharge from the hospital, you will be given instructions that you must follow with good care. This will pace up the healing process and make the process better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.