Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyothika Desai
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jyothika DesaiYour feedback matters!
In today’s world, which is technologically advanced, we don’t even realize that the whole day has passed by looking at or using our electronic devices. Our life sways between checking the social media on smart phones to using the computer in office, which just makes it easy for us to spend the whole day locked up with a screen. Though this could be fun at times, but it has some definitive effects on our body.
Link between posture and technology
When looking at people at office gives you a good idea of how they sit while they use their devices. Average person waiting in a doctor’s office usually sits with a hunched back, shoulders slumped and a bent down neck. In office these people might lean on their desks, push their neck forward in order to see what is on their screen and their hand is constantly scrunched over the mouse. The human body is not really designed to sit in this way and can have serious life impending issues.
The biggest problem with technology posture is position of the head. When the head is evenly balanced between the shoulders it weighs between 10 and 12 lbs. But with a slight tilt even 15 degrees, the weight on the spine spikes to 27 lbs. Another 15 degrees and it weighs 40 pounds. At 60 degrees, the position where the chin touches the chest weighs 60 pounds on the spine. The extended weight on the spine causes the lower spine to collapse along with a low back pain. Low back pain can further cause knee pain and a referred ankle pain and further leading to much more damage.
How to prevent technology posture?
There are many ways in which the damaging effects of the technology posture can be reduced. At office you can elevate the monitor so that top of the screen is at the eye level. The height of the chair should be such that the feet are firmly placed on the ground. The desk should be in such a manner that the forearms are parallel to the floor when the shoulders are relaxed.
While using the smart phone, avoid bending and slouching and use arms to place the phone in front of the face. The phone should be at eye level when browsing and should not be balanced by the neck when talking on the phone. The head should be kept straight and these easily avoid the damaes of technology posture.
Sir or Madam I am getting pain on side of the heart I mean my neck downside, Side of the breast some sometimes why means I don't no I am thinking that because of weakness I am very thin so please tell me that to do for this pain control please tell me when I am bending also getting pain please tell me which medicine I have to take to control the pain side of the breast.
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease that can easily be managed by controlling our diet. Along with being aware of your sugar intake, your diet should help you lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. However, this does not mean you have to resign yourself to a lifetime of tasteless food.
Here are a few diet tips that can help manage diabetes:
- Choose high fiber carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are an essential element of the daily diet but have a huge impact on blood sugar levels. Hence, it is important to pick the right carbohydrates. Your diet should have a limited amount of refined carbohydrates such as white bread, pasta, soda etc. and should be focused more on high fiber carbohydrates such as brown rice, sweet potatoes, rolled oats and bran flakes that are digested slowly. This prevents your body from producing excessive insulin.
- Be sweet smart: The key to indulge your sweet tooth and controlling diabetes is moderation. Abruptly, removing sugar from your diet can make you crave for it. Instead, gradually lower your sugar intake. If you can't miss out on the dessert at the end of a meal, reduce the amount of carbohydrates in your meal. Adding healthy fats like peanut butter, yogurt or nuts to your dessert can also slow down the digestive process and thus control blood sugar level.
- Keep a food diary: When you are diabetic, it is very important to eat at regular intervals. Eating frequent, small meals are often better than fewer large meals. Try and maintain a food diary to keep track of your calorie intake. This helps identify problem areas of where your body is getting excessive calories from. When you are aware of the calories associated with things you eat, it is easier to cut down on snacks and replace unhealthy snacks with healthier options.
- Choose fats wisely: It is impossible to completely cut out fats from your diet. While some fats such as liquid vegetable oils and commercial baked goods are unhealthy, others have important health benefits. Unsaturated fats are the healthiest and safest. Replacing your vegetable cooking oil for olive oil and biscuits with nuts are easy ways to make smart choices with your fat intake.
- Go green: Green leafy vegetables are low on carbohydrates and high on nutrients. Thus, make them an integral part of your meal. Vegetables like kale, spinach, lettuce, etc. can be eaten raw or cooked. Along with being nutritious, they also add texture and color to your meals, thus making them more visually appealing.
Related Tip: "5 Signs That You're Suffering From Diabetes?"
I am married since last 3 years. I was using protection earlier and since last one year we are trying for a baby. Even after 8 months of unprotected sex we were not successful in doing so. We have done medical examination and my wife is found to be healthy. I have low sperm count (6 millions per ml) and with 10% of motility. I have tried few Ayurvedic medicines but not much of benefit. Can you please advise if there is any treatment for this condition other than IVF?
I had sex just near my periods date. We used condom but it broke out in my vagina only. Immediately I took an i-pill. Now I just want to know the chances of my pregnancy and also the other changes if it will happen. example-my delay of period, etc. please give your advice too. Thank you.
While sex is something that everyone fantasizes or thinks about, when it comes to the actual act of being with a partner, shyness and inhibitions may stop you from actually having a god experience. While some factors for shyness can be physical, in most cases, they border on emotional and psychological problem.
Factors that might cause sexual shyness
Some of the factors that cause sexual shyness could be:
1. A fear arising from lack of experience
2. A low self esteem
3. Bad encounters and experiences in the past
4. Body image issues
These are all factors which can be changed and controlled with a slight change in your thinking and conditioning yourself in certain ways.
Overcoming sexual shyness with the partner
While most people have active fantasies about sex, when it comes to a one on one experience, many people feel out of their comfort zone. Let's look at a few mental and thought conditioning exercises that can help you counter sexual shyness.
a. Don't have major expectations - One of the biggest issues with mostly men and to some extent women, is they have elaborate fantasies which don't come true in the real world and thus aren't prepared to handle real life sexual situation when they come up. Thus you should preferably have a no expectation approach.
b. Ensure that the surroundings are comfortable - If you are having a hurried encounter or in a situation you aren't comfortable in, it might lead to bad experiences which will keep manifesting every time you have sexual encounters. Thus make sure that your surroundings are comfortable and you are relaxed before the act.
c. Don't let physical shortcomings scare you - Both men and women tend to be very conscious about their bodies. If you have to be naked in front of someone, you may feel even more self conscious. Stop feeling bad or sorry for yourself because of your body. No human being is perfect and if the other person wants to be with you in bed, they will ignore any physical imperfections that you think you may have.
d. Think about the act and prepare - Remember that you are with a person and not with a fantasy. Once you are comfortable with a person and usually after a few times, you can then try fantasies and role playing. Initially think about the act before in your head and feel excited in its anticipation.
e. Enjoy the build up and the foreplay - Sex isn't just the penetrative part but all the fun section like kissing and foreplay that build up to it. Go slow and enjoy those sections as well and you will automatically be aroused enough to a point where inhibitions will go away. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.