Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jyothi Shayer BYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, I have gained weight after c-section delivery, I am 35 years old, please advise me how to loose weight specially belly. Thanks.
I am having severe pain in back of my shoulders. It last long. I have used many pain killers and there is no use.
I have taken I pill before 15 days, now my periods have not come yet. Delayed by 3 days. Please confirm is anything to be worried.
I had a sexual relationship with my girlfriend. Without condom and any tablets. what is the safe day in period circle.
My brother who is 14 year old some time complain for backache. Can you suggest reason and precaution tip?
Tell me some oil or cream to grow quick and long beard on the face. I need to made my beard like Indian cricket team captain virat kohli.
I am recently diagnosed with diabetic 8.8 scale (3 months) test. With having cholesterol 332. From past few months I became very tired and restless. What should I do? Can you please suggest? I am having medicines for that but I don't want to continue same for life long. What should I do?
I am 23years old men, suffering from vitiligo on my lips in form of some white patches, is there any medicine to cure that or to take any diet follow, please suggest some treatment to cure.
Sir mera fat bahut badh gya h aur mera paseena bhi bahut smell karta h. Kripya fat kam krne aur paseena smell na kre iske liya koi upay bataye.
I am having itching problem in the vaginal area. Itching is severe before a week of starting of menses. Having this prob since 5-6 months.
I am 17 years old boy I have pimples in my chest and back. I am doing exercise regularly in gym. It is sweating a lot during exercise. Is this pimples is caused due to this sweating? How can I get rid of these pimples?
I am 21 years old and I am suffering from dark circles under my eyes. How to reduce that dark circles.
My height is 5 feet's 7 inches my weight is 58 kg I want to increase my weight up to 70 kg but I want to stay lean what must I eat.
My height is 5.4 feet I am 19 years old My father height is 5.7 feet I want to increase my height At least 4-5 inch If it is possible please suggest me Any exercise and diet.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher levels of blood sugars in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions, and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is it does not completely go away, and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attacks, strokes, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar levels have to be managed so that there is a delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha. With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks - one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
- Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
- Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
- Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels, and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies proven to be very effective against diabetes.
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
- Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
- Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
- Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
- Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.