Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyothi Raghuram
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Jyothi RaghuramYour feedback matters!
My 4 years old son suffering from nephrotic syndrome since past 18 months. He is on allopathic medication (Based Omnacortil forte) under supervision of top specialist in delhi. Still relapse shown thrice till now is my greatest cause of concern. Request advice on alternative pathy that can ensure remedy.
My 2 months old daughter sleeps a lot in night or 12am to 5am then she wakes up for feed again frm 5: 30 am to 8 am she sleeps continuously without feed. Please tell me what should i do?
My daughter is 5 year old, many time see feel moderate stomach pain for last 1 year, please suggest me test for useful of know the reason.
Sir my son is 13 years old. He have obesity. His weight is about 70 Kg. Let me know the simplest way to loose weight of my son. Due to nature of my job I can't spare more time for my family. I will be thankful if you solve this problem. Thanks Umesh Khinvasara.
My 18 months daughter denies to have food all the time and if she eats then quantity is very less. She is of 10 kg only and sh is underweight What to do, pl suggest
My baby is 1 years 9 months. His birth weight was 2.2 and now he is 7.5.I am very much worried abt his weight. Hi iz very active. But very thin. Nowadays he is not eating food properly. He will drink milk (Nan pro all d time. One of my friend suggest me abt protein powder. Is DAT good to give now. please help.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.