Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jyothi LakshmiYour feedback matters!
My vagina. Area is all swollen up. And is dry. And itching alot. It is secreting mucus every 30 min and which cases me itching and pain. Also my urine is extremely hot. And which causes me extra pain. As. My mom told me I applied boro plus and after they it was horrible pain and it was almost burning .Please help me. Due to urgent office meetings lined up this week I am not able visit doctor.
Health benefits of Ragi:
Maintains bone health:
Ragi is the richest source of calcium among plant foods. Calcium along with vitamin d help strengthen bones. It is an excellent source of natural calcium for children and aging people. It helps in the development of bones in growing children and in the maintenance of bone health in adults. Thus, ragi helps keep bone problems at bay and could reduce the risk of fractures as well.
Aids weight loss:
Ragi contains an amino acid, tryptophan which reduces appetite. It has a much higher amount of dietary fiber compared to white rice and other grains. It is also a low-fat cereal and most of the fats are in the unsaturated form. This makes it the best choice in grains for people trying to lose weight. The bulkiness of the fibers and the slower digestion rate makes one feel fuller on fewer calories and therefore helps prevent excess caloric consumption.
Lowers high cholesterol levels:
Ragi contains amino acids lecithin and methionine which help bring down cholesterol levels by eliminating excess fat from the liver. Finger millet also contains the amino acid threonine which hinders fat formation in the liver and helps bring down the cholesterol levels. The high fiber content of ragi also helps manage cholesterol problems.
Help in anemia:
Ragi is an excellent plant source of natural iron. Its consumption helps in anemia. Vitamin c increases iron absorption. Sprouted ragi develops vitamin c in the process of sprouting, therefore, the iron in ragi becomes more bioavailable when consumed as sprouted ragi flour or ragi malt.
Reduces diabetes risk:
Due to the high polyphenol and dietary fiber content in finger millet, regular consumption is known to reduce the risk of diabetes mellitus and gastrointestinal tract disorders. According to a research finger millet based diets help diabetics as they contain higher amounts of fiber over other cereals and millets. Diets based on whole finger millet have a lower glycemic response i. E. Lower ability to increase blood sugar level. This has been attributed to the presence of certain factors in ragi flour which lower digestibility and absorption of starch.
Ragi - best food for diabetic
Helps in relaxation: one amazing benefit of ragi is that it helps in relaxing the body naturally. It is found to be beneficial in conditions of anxiety, depression, migraine and insomnia.
Source of essential amino acids:
Ragi is rich in amino acids vital for the body. Finger millet contains amino acids namely tryptophan, threonine, valine, isoleucine, and methionoine. Isoleucine helps in muscle repair, blood formation, bone formation and improves skin health. Valine is an essential amino acid which facilitates metabolism and repair of body tissues. Another essential amino acid, not found in most cereals, is methionine. It is found in ragi and therefore makes it a complete protein food, unlike other cereals and millets. The amino acid methionine is useful in various body processes, helps in eliminating fat from the body, and is the main provider of sulfur in the body. Sulfur is essential for the production of glutathione which is the body's natural and most important antioxidant.
Ragi food preparations
Finger millet is normally consumed in the form of flour-based foods such as roti (unleavened pancake), mudde (stiff porridge/dumpling) and ambli (thin porridge). Ragi can be used to make porridge, upma, cakes, and biscuits. Ragi flour is used to make various Indian preparations like dosas, idlis, and ladoos.
'puttu' is a traditional breakfast of Kerala, usually made with rice powder together with coconut and steamed in a cylindrical steamer. The same preparation is also made with ragi powder, which makes it more nutritious
Multigrain flour preparation by combining wheat and finger millet in the ratio of 7: 3 (wheat: finger millet) is one of the simplest ways of incorporating ragi in the daily diet as no Indian meal is complete without the Indian style bread or roti. In the proposed blend, though the gluten content is reduced significantly, the making of chapatti is not much affected. However, the color turns a little dark. Fortification of finger millet in chapattis is very helpful in controlling glucose levels in diabetic patients efficiently.
Malted ragi grains are ground and consumed, mixed with milk, boiled water or yogurt. In southern parts of India, it is the recommended food, by doctors, for infants of six months and above because of its high nutritional content. Homemade ragi malt is one of the most popular infant foods till date.
Delicious ragi malt
Malting characteristics of finger millet are superior to other millets. On malting, the vitamin cis elaborated, phosphorus availability is increased, digestion is easier and amino acids are synthesized. In south India, the malted ragi flour is extensively used in the preparation of weaning foods, instant mixes and beverages.
Took unwanted 72 later had periods even. Now will my periods continue according to new schedule as delayed by unwanted or it continue as it was going on. It has to happen periods b/w 28- 6 But due to unwanted 72. Happened on 15. Now when will my other period Start?
5 Tulsi Drops for:
Antibiotic, Anti-viral, Anti-bacterial, Anti-carcinogenic, Fever, Headache,
Sore Throat, Cold, Cough, Flu, chest Congestion. Chronic Bronchitis, Asthma
Vitamin A And C Hepatitis, Malaria, Tuberculosis, Dengue And Swine Flu.
Ailments, Strengthening Immunity, Fighting Bacterial, viral, Diabetes, Cold Cough.
I have sever headache after periods (M. C.) and bleeding doesn't stop even after 2 weeks aftr periods. Headache does not go away with any tablet. During day time its very painful but during night it becomes a little low. please tell me what to do.
I am 30 yrs old female I am getting married soon. I have never had sex, pls advise does first time sex hurts ?
Hii. I got married in November.. But my hymen not break. But after 4 months my hymen breaks and comes to blood my vagina. It is possible to after 4 months marriage breaks hymen.
Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin, which is essential for various functions and it is not produced or stored by the body, so it is important that the food contains adequate amount of it. It plays a vital role in heart, eyes, skin, and prenatal health and immunity. Long-term non-availability of vitamin C can lead to various symptoms, which though are not immediately threatening, can turn dangerous in the long run.
- Bruised skin: Easy bruising is one of the early symptoms of vitamin C deficiency. There could be capillaries which appear superficial and have an increased tendency to bruise and bleed. There could also be unexplained reddish purple marks on the skin in people who have low levels of vitamin C.
- Bleeding gums: Another major indicator of vitamin C deficiency is swollen gums that tend to bleed easily. This again is related to their role in collagen formation and if not identified and treated in the early phases, it can lead to severe gum inflammation, periodontal disease, and even loss of teeth.
- Slow wound healing: Vitamin C has an important role to play in connective tissue formation, and if there is less of vitamin C in the body, collagen formation is delayed. This can lead to prolonged and delayed healing of wounds, even simple ones like cuts and bruises. The added role of vitamin C as an immune booster also leads to reduced healing when there is vitamin C deficiency.
- Nosebleeds: Frequent unexplained nosebleeds is another sign of vitamin C deficiency. Reduced amounts of vitamin C make the capillaries fragile causing them to bleed easily.
- Dry skin: While weather does determine if the skin is dry or normal, vitamin C also does. The decreased levels of collagen can lead to an unhealthy skin which can turn red and can be dry and can also lead to keratosis pilaris, which is an accumulation of melanin pigments in the skin. Good amounts of vitamin D helps as a good anti-ageing agent and reduces wrinkles and retains moisture. It also has sun protective effects and antioxidant properties.
- Unexplained weight gain: Vitamin C plays a vital role in fat metabolism and therefore deficiency leads to weight accumulation, especially around the waist. It helps oxidise fat and so helps in weight regulation.
- Lowered immunity: Vitamin C deficiency affects the body’s susceptibility to infections, making it prone to more severe and frequent infections. People catching a common cold very frequently could be suffering from vitamin C deficiency.
- Emotional health: Vitamin C is also a mood regulator, so inadequate amount can lead to depression. Try eating a juicy orange and see yourself feeling better! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir I have a serious problem of my girlfriend that her menses is stopped automatically from last 2 months without any reason please suggest me what I can do for her.
Hi my age is 26 I am getting irregular periods if I use medicine it will come regular after finishing medicine again same problem occurring what I have to do please suggest me.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!