Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. JyothiYour feedback matters!
An eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is a condition that strikes when certain substances irritate the eyes, which can cause a reaction. This reaction has varied symptoms starting from inflammation to watering and even redness and an itching sensation.
So how can you tell if you have an eye allergy? This article will tell you all you need to know!
- Causes: To begin with, this is an immune response that happens when the eye comes in contact with substances like dirt, grime, pollutants, pollen, nettle, pet hair, smoke, mold and more, which may cause irritation. These are typically known as allergens. The immune system takes these allergens to be invaders and begins attacking the same by releasing chemicals that cause these allergic reactions. Also, an eye allergy may be a symptom or outcome of other conditions like asthma, hay fever, or even eczema.
- Symptoms: The eye usually bears a pink or red appearance when the patient is suffering from an eye allergy. Also, watery eyes are a common sight during this condition while scaling around the eyes may also take place. Further, itching and burning sensation may be felt by the patient and swelling or puffiness can be seen. The symptoms may afflict one or both eyes. The patient may also have a runny nose or stuffy nose as well as nasal congestion.
- Difference between Eye Allergy and Pink Eye: Conjunctivitis or pink eye is usually caused due to bacteria or a virus that spreads infection in the eye. But eye allergy is caused due to a response of the immune system that leads to an allergic reaction. While the pink eye may be a contagious condition, an eye allergy is not.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of an eye allergy will be done with the help of various tests conducted by an ophthalmologist. The skin prick test will help in introducing allergens to find out if the spot gets raised or suffers from inflammation. Also, the doctor will check for other ailments like asthma and eczema.
- Treatment: There are varied methods of treating this condition. To begin with, the doctor may prescribe medication like decongestants and antihistamines as well as steroids for more severe and persistent cases. Also, injections may be prescribed in order to do away with the allergic reaction and eye drops containing olopatadine hydrochloride may also be used.
- Home Remedies: Staying away from allergens and using a warm and clean washcloth over the eyes, for a few minutes every day, may help in relieving the painful symptoms of the condition.
Do not forget to consult your doctor before you try any natural or home based remedies.
I am suffering from headache since last 5 days. When I tried to study forcefully then I have more headache. Please tell me that how can I concentrate in study.
I am 22 years old male. I am addicted to masturbation, and I masturbate daily. Doctor, does it affect my future life? Can masturbation cause any health problems?
If someone have small penis and not hard as well and unable to do sex properly. So what precautions shud be taken to get harder and bigger one.
I am having pain on my right side head and eyes. I feel pain in my right eye also. I am using MOXOFT eyedrop. Bt still having pain. please help me.
I am having Enlarged Prostate since last 15 years. At present my Doctor has prescribed Sildura 8 Medicine. I want to know as whether, is there any other better Medicine for Enlarged Prostate ?
Good Morning Doctor, I am civil engineer, all type food taken in regular time in the age of 46 years. Last two months suffering from GAS problem, mainly in morning time too much and almost every hour once / twice. It is very shame to me also, maximum time gas discharge with highly noise. Please help me. Monday to Thursday dinner at hotel (I stay alone at mumbai) others day with family at surat.
Allergic rhinitis, also commonly known as hay fever, is a type of inflammation in the nose which occurs when the immune system overreacts to allergens in the air. Signs and symptoms include a runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, red, itchy, and watery eyes, and swelling around the eyes.
Causes of Allergic rhinitis
A weak immunity reacts to the certain responses. This over reaction of the immunity is the root cause of the problem. When your body comes into contact with an allergen, it releases histamine, which is a natural chemical that defends your body from the allergen. This chemical causes allergic rhinitis and its symptoms, including a runny nose, sneezing, and itching of the eyes.
In addition to pollen, other common causes include:
• Animal dander, which is old skin
• Cat saliva
During certain times of the year, pollen can be especially problematic. Tree and flower pollens are more common in the spring. Grasses and weeds produce more pollen in the summer and fall.
Symptoms of Allergic rhinitis
Common symptoms of allergic rhinitis include:
• A runny nose
• A stuffy nose
• An itchy nose
• A sore or scratchy throat
• Itchy eyes
• Watery eyes
• Dark circles under the eyes
• Frequent headaches
• Eczema-type symptoms, such as having extremely dry, itchy skin that often blisters
• Excessive fatigue
Types of Allergic rhinitis
There are two types of allergic rhinitis:-
• Seasonal- Starts when there is a change in season. Pollen-based allergies are usually seasonal.
• Perennial - This lasts all year. Perennial allergies usually occur due to sensitivity to dust mites, cockroaches, or animal dander. Its possible to be in constant contact with all of these allergens on a daily basis.
The role of Homoeopathy Allergic rhinitis:-
In Allopathy, antihistamines or immunosuppressant medicines like steroids are used which only give temporary relief, and the problem reappears again, once the medicine is stopped. While, in Homeopathic treatment, allergy is cured by strengthening the immune system and the symptoms subside on their own. It needs to be understood that Allergies diseases are the outer reflection of the internal problem. So, we need to increase the immunity of the patient and which can be strengthened by Homeopathic medicines.
There are many homoeopathic medicines that have the potential to cure Allergic rhinitis. Out of them, some well-known Homeopathic medicines are Arsenic album, Allium cepa, Belladonna, Kali bich, Lemna Minor, Sabadilla, Pulsatilla, Sulphur, Rhus Tox, etc.