Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jothsana
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. JothsanaYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old male. I having gum problem. Gums bleed while I brush my teeth n teeth are weak too. Please suggest precautions and remedies.
My mom is 60 above and suffering from ulcer in mouth for many months now. She is unable to eat properly. Have already changed couple of doctors. Please help and suggest the reasons of these ulcers and treatment. Please doctor.
Oral-Systemic health connection:
1.86% of women brush twice daily or more, 66% of men brush daily or more. Does this surprise you?
2. It has been found that brushing for most people removes plaque between 28-52%.
3.12% of people floss daily.
4. It is recommended to brush 2x a day, see a dentist 2x a year, floss 1x a day, & replace your toothbrush 3 to 4x a year.
5. People with dental insurance are more likely to visit the dentist than those without dental insurance.
6. Tongue cleaning with a tongue scraper is proven to help reduce heart attacks, pneumonia, premature births, diabetes, osteoporosis, & infertility in men.
7. Flossing once a day can increase your life expectancy by 6 years.
Hi doctor, I'm 25 years old for last 4 days I'm suffering with mouth ulcer what I have to do please let me know so, what to do?
Can I do teeth whitening (bleaching) at home or should go to dentist for that? suggest me some best bleaching kit available at medical stores.
My brother had his front two teeth broken in kabaddi 6 years back. Root canal was done once and we were unable to go for further treatment which prescribed for us due to some reasons. Now I want to help out with his teeth. What will be the best way to make better? Please suggest me.
Do whitening toothpastes whiten teeth more than regular toothpastes and is it safe to microwave food in food plastic containers?
My teeth are slightly nodding. Not too much. It's very little. If I wag it I feel it's not strong. There is no bleeding or broken teeth. What should I do now? I am 20 years old.
Manual Toothbrush vs. Electric Toothbrush
In a world where every little thing is being automated, why must the activity of brushing your teeth be left behind? Well unless scientists come up with a technique that entirely renders brushing your teeth unnecessary, the only thing we can rely on as of today is easing the activity. And that has been done by bringing in the electronic toothbrushes in the market.
The manual toothbrush was invented in the 1930s. Several upgrades and updates were added to the toothbrush, and in the 1990s, the electronic toothbrush was introduced. Is it better than the manual toothbrush, or is the vintage route more beneficial, let's take a look:
- Cost: Electronic toothbrushes cost significantly more than manual toothbrushes. A manual toothbrush could cost on an average Rs. 30-Rs.40, whereas an electronic toothbrush costs close to Rs.400-Rs.500.
- Features: Unless you have a set timer in front of you, the time you take to brush your teeth manually solely depends on you. Electronic toothbrushes come with a built in timer which you can set at 2 minutes or more (2 minutes being the appropriate time considered for effective cleaning of teeth). This built-in timer saves you from relying on your guesswork and effectively helps you clean your teeth according to the recommended timings.
- Convenience: Manual toothbrushes are convenient to carry while traveling. They have negligible weight and can fit into any travel pouch easily. Electronic toothbrushes, on the other hand, are heavy in weight and need a battery charger to be carried along, which makes them a pain to carry around.
- Effort: Electronic toothbrushes significantly reduce your effort put into the activity. All you need to do is tilt your toothbrush to a 45-degree angle, and let the toothbrush do all the work. Whereas, manual toothbrushes, require you to carefully use proper brushing techniques to get the best results and thus require more effort.
- Options: Manual toothbrushes come with a huge variety of bristles, heads, colors etc. For sensitive gums, one can pick a toothbrush with soft bristles; for kids, one can pick a toothbrush with a smaller head to fit into their mouths. Electronic toothbrushes, as of today do not come in a variety of sizes or bristle types. Thus, the choice and utility are restricted.
And the most important factor-
Oral health maintenance: Electronic toothbrushes are known to give better results in comparison to manual toothbrushes when it comes to removing plaque and gingivitis. Also in the case of children when you cannot ensure whether they are brushing their teeth properly, electronic toothbrushes come to the rescue.
Though electronic toothbrushes give better results with lesser effort, manual toothbrushes have their own conveniences, too.