Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am a 26 yr old female. I am having problems with my irregular periods. After having homeopathy medicine for last two weeks, still the problem remains. Is there any kind of possibilities that it is due to pregnancy?
A miscarriage is generally characterized by the loss of a fetus before the passage of around one forty days of pregnancy. In medical terminology, a miscarriage is usually referred to as a spontaneous abortion, precisely because it happens spontaneously. According to studies, about 50% of all pregnancies end up in miscarriages and around 80% of miscarriages occur within the first three months of pregnancy. If they happen to occur after the passage of twenty weeks of gestation, they are normally termed as late miscarriages.
The most common cause of miscarriages is primarily due to the presence of some fatal or critical genetic problem in the unborn baby, which may or may not be in any way related to the mother. Apart from this, there is a host of other causes which are held responsible for miscarriages. These may include:
- Cervical insufficiency (weakness of the cervix)
- Hormonal imbalances
- Physical problems in the mother
- Medical problems in the mother
- Immune system responses
- Uterine abnormalities
Here are a few indicators of a miscarriage:
- Bleeding (which can vary from light to heavy bleeding)
- Abdominal pain
- Severe cramps
- Back pain
- Treatment of miscarriages normally involves three steps - a pelvic exam, an ultrasound test and blood tests to confirm whether or not it is a miscarriage.
- If the miscarriage is complete and yet the uterus is still not emptied of its contents, then it may be necessary for you to undergo a dilation and curettage operation.
- If you have gone through multiple miscarriages in the past, then the treatment will probably involve a pelvic ultrasound, a hysterosalpingogram or a hysteroscopy.
Hi, My question is for gynaecologist. I have a pungent odor in my vagina .It may or may not be an infection but the odor is not good. I request you to guide me with medication to eliminate the odor. I don't feel confident otherwise while getting intimate.
Green tea has many health benefits
-Improves metabolism and boost the body’s fat burning mechanism and helping you to keep fit
- It also contains a powerful antioxidant called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) which has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in fighting cancer, removing free radicals and unwanted toxic substances from the body.
-It also contains other antioxidant compounds such as catechins and poly-phenols that boost the immune system.
TO GET THE BEST HEALTH BENEFITS TAKE GREEN TEA AT LEAST TWO HOURS BEFORE OR AFTER YOUR MEALS
Can also take it about 1 hour before you sleep to burn fat even while you are asleep.
SOME DONT'S FOR GREEN TEA..
-Avoid green tea very early in the morning on an empty stomach. The caffeine in it can lead to dehydration and it could stimulate the release of gastric acid which can cause stomach upset or even ulcer.
-Avoid it at meal time because it can reduce the absorption of Thiamin (vitamin B1). A deficiency of this vitamin leads to a condition called beriberi.
So, its very important to take the green tea at a particular time for best health benefits...
I have done the home pregnancy test of my gf after 45 days, it showed negative what are the chances that she might pe pregnant.
I am 20 years old. I have been on medication for epilepsy for the past 4 years and I still on medication, I am using levipil 750 mg, twice a day. Recently in the month of june I got pregnant with my boyfriend currently living in china. I have consulted a Chinese doctor there and had a surgical abortion, after the abortion I had been taking some medicines and from the 4th day of my abortion I have been taking yasmin 3mg once a day as recommended by my doctor. But due to translation problems between Chinese and English I have misunderstood the way of taking the medicine and have been taking yasmin continuously from the 4th day of my abortion, it's been 5 weeks and 3 days till now. I have experienced unusual headaches continuously in the 4th week of taking the medicine. But now since a week it has reduced. Recently I found out that I have been taking the medicines wrongly as I was supposed to take yasmin 3 mg for only 21 days and then stop for a week (which I didn't). Please suggest me what steps should I take next.
The way in which you drink water can seriously be a life-changer. And all you need to make is simple, minor changes such as --
1. First off, sit down to drink (just as you should sit down to eat).
2. Take sips, not full-glass chugs. Small sip, swallow, breathe. Repeat.
3. Sip water throughout the day. If you chug too much water at once your body doesn't actually absorb all of it. Most of it will run right through you.
4. Drink at least room temperature water. Warm is even better. Cold and iced water literally douse the digestive fire.
5. Only sip a small amount of water with your meals. If you drink too much while you eat, your belly won’t have enough room for digestive action. Remember this rule: fill your stomach 1/3 with food, 1/3 with water, and leave 1/3 empty for the digestive juices and process.
6. For the same reason, don’t drink loads of water before or after your meals.
7. As far as how much, we’re all different sizes with varied diets and lifestyles. One set rule of eight glasses a day simply can not apply to everyone. Naturally, the miraculous human body has it’s own built-in measuring system: thirst. If you’re thirsty, drink water. When you listen to thirst cues and sip water throughout the day you’ll be drinking the right amount.
8. Your urine is a secondary confirmation to know if you’re amply hydrated. It should be fairly clear and straw colored. If it’s dark yellow you need to drink more.
9. Your lips are yet another indicator. If they’re dry you might be dehydrated.
Click on consult privately to join my healthy online weight loss diet program and get assured result.
Hello sir . I am 20 years old. Recently I am suffering from amennorhea and not getting periods since 2 month. I have gained weight up to 3 kg recently and reached 83.Other than this everything is fine. Please do advice!
Hi my wife is blessed by a beautiful daughter 10 days ago but she is facing problem in bathroom unable to do potty so please suggest us what will do ?
Hey m 22 old year. My question is related to menstrual problem. My periods are delaying like itz been 10 days m not having my periods n m having cramps like abdominal pain! I dun knoe y this pain is happening n y my periods are being delayed! can you please tell me y this all is happening?
I suffer from mood swings before I start with menstruating and it's disturbing my normal life, I harm myself and regret it later
I am 31 years old. My periods time both hip side is paining a lot. That time I can not stand in long time. What is the reason.
Is there any perfect time for sex if couples are planning to have a baby? When is a woman most likely to get pregnant how can we calculate because I heard its according to the cycle of menstrual cycle.
Hi My wife is 36 years old and suffering from poly cystic ovary disorder. Is there any cure for this?
Beer belly is a word that is used to describe a fat tummy that results from excessive consumption of alcoholic drinks. In case of any alcohol drink, the liver tends to burn alcohol instead of fat which leads to bigger tummies. Basically, if the calorie intake is higher than calorie expenditure, then fat tends to accumulate in the body.
Now if you want to turn that beer belly into six pack abs, then you need to follow these rules:
- Limit carbohydrate consumption: This means you have to cut down on sugar and starch based foods such as refined flour, aerated drinks and anything that has sugar in it. Follow a strict diet that focuses on limited amount of whole grains. Avoid simple carbohydrates which tend to spike blood sugar levels and aid in fat accumulation. Reduce your portion sizes to decrease your overall calorie consumption.
- Eat fiber: Increase fiber consumption as fiber is beneficial for losing fat. It helps in you feeling fuller and thus, eat less. Fiber also reduces the chances of various life threatening diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and bad cholesterol levels in the body. Eat foods that are rich in fiber such as beans, lentils and broccoli.
- Weight training: Weight training helps in losing body fat by increasing muscle mass in the body. Muscle burns calories at rest, so more muscle means more calorie burnt. Weight training also increases your metabolism which means your overall calorie expenditure will increase significantly. If you don't have access to a gym then combine bodyweight exercises such as pushups, squats and pull ups in a circuit. A sample workout circuit would be 20 push up, 20 squats and 5 pull ups one after the other. Rest for a minute and then repeat the circuit 5 times.
- Cardio: Cardio is very important in losing fat from all over your body. Opt for HIIT (high intensity interval training) instead of steady state cardio like jogging at the same pace over a period of time. Too much steady state cardio increases cortisol levels in the body leading to muscle loss. Instead focus on HIIT which means you do an exercise at full throttle for a short period of time such as 30 seconds. Rest for 20 seconds and then to another exercise for 30 seconds. Repeat the procedure for another 10 minutes. This method keeps your metabolism elevated for 48 hours after your workout.
We all have issues in life which we want to resolve and feel happy and light again. What matters here is knowing how to skillfully deal with the problem rather than building up fears and anxiety around it.
Here are the two basic but extremely effective tactics to use to solve the issue before we let it take a larger form.
1. Write the issue down- we tend to worry about issue nonstop, even before sleeping. We want to get out of the situation but we don't know how. We even tend to worry about it a bit too much and out of helplessness, not knowing what to do, go into these vicious circles where it gets a little tough to come out of. We often tend to push painful emotions away, because we don't want to be in that situation, it hurts! we want to push it away as hard as possible and as soon as possible.
But just wait! take a step back and get to know what exactly you are worrying about. What is going on in the first place? you might first start from a very superficial level. Ex- I just broke up with my boyfriend. But try to do some free flow writing about the issue. Here are a few questions to help you start looking at the issue at a deeper level.
What is going on
How are you feeling about it
What hurt you the most
Why do you think all this happening? where do you think it all started from?
Which need of yours was being satisfied that has been cut off now? example: a girl who has recently experienced a break up says: what truly scares me about my break up is that I am scared to be independent; I need someone constantly supporting me.
How much were you truly responsible for what has happened and how much were others and other environmental factors contributing to the issue.
These are just few questions to get you started to explore the issue. Write whatever you feel like and whatever comes to your mind. Free flow writing about the issue will automatically lead you into different and interesting areas which you might not have even explored before. Try not being resistant to the idea of writing and approach it with a curious attitude.
2. Brainstorm- now that you have a better understanding about the issue, where it is probably coming from, what you should probably look at to resolve it, and also now that you feel less burdened, since it is all out on those papers, it is time to brainstorm the solution!
Remember here that every pain or suffering is temporary. There is always a way to make it better.
Pick up on the cues your mind has given you about how to resolve the issue or at least which areas to focus on, while writing down your issue. Write down the probable options you have to resolve your issue. For example- a worked up business man realizes that he is experiencing a burn out since he has stopped gyming. He realized this while addressing the question, where did it all start from. Now he realizes that gyming was extremely crucial to de-stress and resolves to make time for it again.
Reflecting on what worked for you earlier, or what helped you feel better earlier, would give you great insights into what you should probably do now.
The girl who broke up realizes that her main need was to have some constant support. Upon brainstorming if there were other ways this need can be fulfilled, she has realized that she has great friends and a lovely sister whom she can talk to, she also sees it as an opportunity to grow herself into a strong independent women.
3. Utilizing your resources to the fullest- when you brainstorm alternatives of what you should probably do, you will see that they lead you to very interesting resources. It is practically impossible to solve an issue if we don't have enough information and the right resources. Few of the easily available but unbelievably effective resources which have a large impact when implemented are listed below, in case they haven't struck you till now. These are such simple resources we often tend to overlook or underestimate.
Parents- just spending some time around them might make a huge difference to the way you are feeling. They are almost readily available for us, but we tend to just ignore it and choose to get locked away in our rooms and go on a ride again with our negative emotions. Instead just step towards them!
Friends- we are scared of looking vulnerable if we share our problems with our friends. We also tend to disguise the problem or give bits and pieces of it, because we feel telling what exactly is going on might make us look really vulnerable. All these could just be our assumptions. If these friends are close, exposing the vulnerable you, could even get you closer, and you can take a sigh of relief to finally put it out of you.
Hobbies- often people say, if my situation is better only then I can go and do what I like! it doesn't quite work that way. Hobbies help you de-stress by channeling your negative energy and replenishing you with positive energy, they empower you to face the issue. This is what is going to save you big time! simple things like watering the plants, sketching what is going on in your head or something creative, just coloring, etc. Prove to be great ways to help yourself feel better.
Social communities- it is great to be out there with like-minded people, or with people who might be experiencing the same thing as you. Just push yourself with that one first step and you just might be sorted!
Don't be afraid to seek out for help- everyone faces issues, everyone does! but a proactive person is the one who will be able to pull him/herself out of it and feel good and confident again. Prolonging things might make the pain turn into suffering. Seek help from a psychologist/ counselor when you need it. It is a great space to explore yourself and be mentally fit.
These are just few of the resources mentioned here. Now when you grab your pen and paper I am sure you will come up with a great list! figure out which resources work for you and keep your resource box ready to rescue you!