Find numerous Alternative Medicine Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jose K C
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jose K CYour feedback matters!
I am having acne problem from more than 3 months n have tried all the home remedies but unable to cure them suggest me what to do?
I am 21 years old female suffering from severe acne on face and back. I had tried everything on my face (facewash and acne related medicated creams and gels) and had taken homeopathy ,ayurvedic, allopathy medicines for acne but there is no change it is still the same rather it is getting worse. Please suggest something natural. Thank you.
One of the most debilitating conditions that anyone can experience is migraine. They can severely limit you by affecting your personal and professional life as you are in constant pain. Migraine can manifest in a type of headache with intense pain, an acute sensitivity to light, nausea and vomiting. Often described as a severe throbbing pain in the head, it may stop you from completing regular daily tasks and may delay or postpone your work.
How can migraines be treated?
The exact cause for these debilitating migraine pain hasn't been pointed out yet, but certain triggers such as stress, hormonal changes in the menstrual cycle, sun exposure, bright or flashing lights, among many others have been identified. The first line of defense for you would be to understand and identify what your triggers are. Once that is done, you can try and avoid them. If these still trigger a migraine or are about to trigger one, you can immediately take medications or steps to control it or at least lessen the pain to go through your day. Some of the options you can employ to this effect are mentioned below.
- Medications to prevent a migraine attack: The medications mentioned here are specialized treatments and can only be taken after a consultation with a doctor. If you are deemed as a candidate for preventative medication for migraines, then either one or a combination of drugs from the following may be prescribed to you.
- Valproate and Topiramate are anti-seizure medications which can be used to prevent migraines.
- Propranolol, a type of beta blocker and used for cardio vascular problems, has proven to be very effective in preventing migraines.
- Onabotulinumtoxin A or a type of Botox, has shown a lot of promise in preventing migraines and is being slowly rolled out as a proper drug as a treatment option.
- Certain antidepressants have also shown to be quite effective in reducing the symptoms of migraines as well.
- Medications to relieve pain: Some of the go to medications that help relieve your pain from migraine are mentioned below. Although some of them are OTC (over the counter) drugs, it is best advised that you consult with your doctor for medications which suit you better. The side effects of these medications can be bad and thus, it is not advised to continue them in the long run and to find other means to control pain from migraines. Some of the medications to relieve pain temporarily are:
- Triptan is a drug used to treat severe migraines
- Caffeine along with Ergotamine can also help dull the pain and deal with it.
- Ibuprofen and aspirin and Acetaminophen are common pain killers that you can use
- Codeine, which contains opioids are also used to treat this problem.
- Metoclopramide and chlorpromazine are two examples of anti-nausea medications as vomiting along with nausea may frequently accompany your migraine.
Always remember that these medications can have strong side effects if not taken properly, therefore do not just pop a pill, consult your physician first and know which one should you take and how frequently. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my thigh. I used scar removing cream for 1 months but did not see any change. What should I do?
I have a oily skin and also have pimples from last 4 weeks. I use aloe Vera jell also. What should I do?
Fever, head ache, gastric trouble and loose stools. Please suggest me medication I am. Having dolo ,diclofenac and pantoprazole .please advice me.
I am suffering from pimples from past 4 years now my age is 21. Everytime I am getting a new pimple on my cheeks and nose leaving a mark on that spot can you suggest a remedies to get rid of these marks permanently without a spot.
Acne can be a recurring and problematic condition that not only affects adolescents, but younger and to some extent even older adults. Acne may not only cause a dent in your self-esteem, in worst scenarios, it could leave scars on your skin. However, holistic forms of medicine, such as Ayurveda can very easily provide relief from acne and help you regain your confidence. Some of the tips to control acne through this means are mentioned below.
Ayurvedic remedies for Acne
- Lemon Juice and Honey: Mix one table spoon of honey with equal amounts of lemon juice. Apply small portions of this paste on pimples and even acne scars. Leave this paste on for about ten minutes or so and then wash it off with water. Use this remedy about 5 to 6 times a week and then for a few weeks to see improvements.
- Neem Leaves: Another great and easily available remedy, you can make a paste with Neem leaves by adding a slight amount of water. Apply this paste and keep it for sometime on you face before washing it off with water. This is a great remedy and is known to have worked very effectively with many people.
- Potato: You can rub potatoes on you face after slicing them or you can soak them in water and the use them on your face. It could be sliced, grated or even juiced as it can be applied in any form. It also helps your skin by clearing pigmentation problems.
- Papaya Milk: This is another wonder remedy, which is a really effective cure; although it can be a very sticky substance to handle. However, using it regularly and then washing it off with water can cure your acne problem very quickly.
- Lifestyle changes - Other habits and lifestyle changes are of great help in removing acne and acne scars
- Don’t try to scratch or touch your pimples
- Clean your pillow covers regularly
- Avoid oily and junk food
- Exercise regularly as it can regulate the metabolism of the body and help control acne
- Clean your face twice daily with a mild cleanser. But don’t scrub too hard and don’t clean more than twice as that will encourage more oil production, causing more acne.
Being a victim or witnessing a horrific accident or personal assault can leave you shocked and scarred. Sometimes, these conditions last for months and years with memories of the traumatic incident triggering intense emotional and physical responses. This is known as post traumatic stress disorder or PTSD. It is a fairly common anxiety syndrome and can be treated in a number of ways including drugs, exercise and psychotherapy. However, this treatment aims only to control the disorder and there is no known cure for PTSD as yet.
Exercise not only keeps the body fit, but also helps the body release endorphins. Endorphins help fight stress, fear and pain. Thus, exercising helps focus on the body and its movements instead of your fears. It can also help elevate the mood of a person. Low to moderate intensity exercising is ideal for a PTSD patient. Aerobics, pilates, yoga or martial arts like tai chi are known to be effective ways of reducing stress and anxiety in PTSD patients. Breathing exercises like pranayama can also help calm and relax the mind.
Exercise for a PTSD patient should be planned in repetitive sets. This enables the person to slowly master the type of exercise being done and regain control and confidence in himself. It also needs to be predictable so as to avoid triggering a PTSD emotional or physical response. Non competitive exercises are better than competitive exercises as it does not create an opportunity for the person to feel stressed. Exercising and practicing breathing techniques can also help a person analyze himself and his response to stressful situations. By understanding their reactions, a person can slowly bring about changes to handle stress in a better way.
For a PTSD patient, exercise should not be seen as a group activity but as an individual effort to increase self control. Patience is key here both for the patient and the therapist. It is also necessary for the person to have realistic goals from his exercise regimen. An exercise program for PTSD patients also needs to be flexible. In order to meet the needs of a patient, it may need to be changed in accordance to the medication he is under. Small incidents like having a flat tire when cycling can trigger anxiety in a person suffering from PTSD. However, if dealt with correctly, it can bolster confidence in the long run.
Lastly, exercising also helps improve self-image and build confidence which helps a PTSD patient break out of his protective shell and socialize with others. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.