Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Jitendra KumarYour feedback matters!
It's almost 15 days ago I played cricket which I don't play regularly .while batting I got a sprain in my left side of lower back and for 2 -3 days I couldn't move from the bed .I tried volini sprayed ,mustard oil massage ,cold pack. It got normal after 4-5 days .But when I am in resting position like sleeping or sitting I can feel the pain .Pain is not there when I am walking. Pls advice what should I do and whom to consult .Do not drink or smoke .Also I never had any kind of back pain or injury in the past.
’m a 28years old male that was diagnosed with a partial ACL tear in my right knee. I’ve been living with it for 4 years. I’m not nearly as strong lifting or explosive jumping and running and my knee feels tight and weak for days after heavy sports or leg workouts, although it does’t buckle. What would be your thoughts on my situation? Grade || signal intensity in body and posterior horn of the medical meniscus, suggestive of tear. Medical serpiginous low signal intensity lesions on T1 W with central hyperintense signal on T2 W images involving medical and lateral femoral, lower 1/3 shaft of femur likely to represent bony infarcts. Small osteochondral defect with partial loss articular cartilage at lateral femoral condale. Minimal joint effusion Uric acid also high side (end line) 7.1. Thanks.
Akruit-4 daily taking 4 tabs to reduce tuberculosis but now uric acid increased. how to reduce it and kindly give tips to increase spinal cord bone strength. Because that placed near spine in left fossa few times back pain and left knee pain coming, how can reduce it?
I am 22year old male. I am having backbone problem, it always pain when I woke up in the morning, sometime even I can't stand properly and after sometime I gets to normal, please tell me what to do.
I am 39 years old I have a Back pain from years two of my back bones became small is the surgery is a good idea.
Mosquitoes, though tiny, can wreak havoc on the human health. Malaria and dengue were common enough, but now another disease doing the rounds is chikungunya. This is a viral disease that spreads by the bites of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. The disease lasts for 5 to 7 days and the catch is that there is no identified cure for the disease.
Symptoms of chikungunya are very non-indicative and include high temperature, rashes and multiple spots on the body, multiple joint pains, headaches, conjunctivitis and insomnia problem. The presence of joint pains associated with a high incidence of mosquito breeding is indicative of chikungunya. The fever usually subsides in a couple of days, but the other symptoms would persist for about a week.
Management of chikungunya includes a combination of prevention and treatment. Prevention is more important than treatment as it is easier done.
- To the maximum extent possible, avoid mosquito bites.
- Avoid using rain water-filled containers, potted plants that stagnate water and drinking bowls for domestic animals.
- Wear full-sleeved clothing when mosquito bites are likely to be higher.
- Use mosquito repellents in the forms of coils, creams, and mats
- Use mosquito nets where possible
- Prevent mosquito breeding by draining possible areas of water stagnation
Treatment: There is no specific allopathic remedy for the treatment of chikungunya. The prescribed medicines are only for symptomatic relief, and given the intense and prolonged joint pains, the patient ends up using a lot of pain killers. There are cases where the pains may persist for up to 6 months. This is where Ayurveda comes into the picture, as there are multiple effective remedies that have been proven effective over the ages.
- Massage your joints with a mixture of castor oil, drumstick, camphor, garlic, and coconut oil. This oil can be heated and stored in a glass jar for about 3 days. Warm this oil and use it for effective relief of the joint pains.
- A mixture of castor oil and cinnamon can also be used to massage the painful joints.
- A concoction of ajwain seeds, raisins or dry grapes, tulsi leaves, and neem leaves boiled in water is an effective remedy for the joint pains. This is to be used when it is warm after food and the residual ingredients chewed upon.
- A diet rich in fresh fruits, greens and vegetables is highly recommended.
- Drinking sufficient amounts of liquids (water, coconut water, lime juice, and buttermilk) to keep good hydration levels and recuperate from the illness.
- Ensure sufficient rest for the joints even after the initial fever has subsided.
Ayurveda has references to something called “sandhijwara” which is “fever of the joints”. Sandhijwara is very similar to chikungunya and these remedies used for this can be very useful in treating chikungunya. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.