Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. JilaniYour feedback matters!
Hi, My daughter is 8 years old and is suffering from Nf1. She has several cafe au lait spots on her face and body which are increasing day by day. Please suggest the line of treatment. Thanks.
How to prepare ubtan for babies and which oil should I use in summer for body massage of 8 month old baby.
I have taken amoxicillin cetrizine after that breast milk production is less. Plus suggest how to increase the production.
My Daughter 19 months old, started high fever for 101 degree two days ago. Consulted Paediatrician and Medication started with P125, Sinarest (both at different time) levolin and Fabilac. But she is getting high fever often with a light shiver, body get high heat but no all over, below abdomen it is chill, it varies in upper body. No Diarrhoea, Vomit (only water) was twice at the time of shiver. Within 2 hours she is normal. PD says it would be there till Friday. But doubt about the high fever but temperature varies, esp head get too high temp and her eyes blinks erratically. Is it a viral fever or anything else.
Bathing the newborn baby is a pleasurable experience both for the mother and the baby. It can also be defined as a process through which the mother and child bond. A mother understands the requirements of the child and the baby adapts itself to the cleanliness regime of the mother.
When should I start bathing my new born baby?
According to guidelines of WHO, initial bath for a term newborn weighing more than 2.5kg should be given 6 hours after birth. In the term low birth weight babies weighing less than 2.5kgs, only sponge bath is to be given, till the weight crosses 2.5kg.
Dip baths can be given once the umbilical cord falls off i.e. by 7 -10 days. Till then sponge baths are to be given.
How should I bathe my baby?
The room should be warm and free from draught of air as a wet baby can easily catch the chill. Check the temperature of the bath water before placing the baby in the bath tub. The depth of the water should be 5 cms upto the hip of the baby. Eyes can be cleaned by using one sterile water-soaked cotton swab for each eye. The Head should be washed last and dried first to prevent exposure due to large surface area. Pay special attention to skin folds of the neck, behind the ears, underarms, and diaper area. Also wash between the fingers and the toes.
What cleanser/ soap should I use for my baby?
Do not use soap for the first 1 month of life. After that, use any mild unmedicated soap or liquid cleanser with acidic/ neutral pH, that maintains the pH of the baby's skin. Avoid scented soaps and bubble baths.
How frequently should I bathe my baby?
In summer months, daily baths can be given. In winters, dip bath may be given twice/thrice a week and rest of the days, it is preferable to sponge the baby.
Hair wash can be given twice a week.
A word of caution:
Never leave your baby unattended to in the bath tub.Bath tub should be disinfected after use. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
My daughter was 2 years 7 months old. She having a constipation problem and also scissoring the leg. She was pre mature baby I got lot of doctors advice and give medicine but not cure. Please advice me.
My daughter 5 year old having stomach pain in every morning can you suggest please what can be a cause for the same and remedy.
What is the proper diet of 7 month old babies which milk is best for baby except mother feeding. & how we can gain weight for our baby.
My granddaughter is now 4.5 years old and 3 weeks back she suffered of some scratch in her left cheek and below ear. (not deep one) this scratch was not by injury and it appeared one morning in her cheek and spread below cheek and near ear within 2 days. Now after using medicine, the wound cured but in its place, white color markings are there. I used honey but no use, it? s still there. I afraid this white markings will go or not. Please advise.
The most advanced and effective communication device in this century is mobile phone. Mobile phone is not only being used by the corporate or highly qualified professional. People from all type of social group have mobile phone in their hands now. Usage of the mobile phone is not increased only with all social groups but also with people of all age groups. Children are the more noticeable group as they are using cell phones of all types. A recent research study shows that children are really capable of using any advanced type of mobile phones even without any proper guidance. Though mobile phones are the effective mode of communication, it is a well known fact that it also has adverse side effects if being over used. The mobile phones emit shockwave radioactive radiations that affect the body in various manners.
Adverse effects of mobile phone usage:
Today's children are growing up in a radio-frequency environment that never existed in human history before. The radiation emitted by mobile phones and mobile phone masts can have adverse effects on children. Some include:
- Affects your Immunity Status: cell phones after a full day usage contains many germs on their display which are highly numbered than your toilet seats. These germs are easily transferred to your body as you touch frequently or use close to your face for talking. This increases the risk of exposure to the germs and reduces your immune strength as immune status are not fully developed for children.
- Increase Risk of Chronic Pains: prolonged use of mobile phones for playing games or texting requires continuous movement for your hands which may develop chronic pain in joints of your shoulders and hands.
- Vision Problem: children when concentrate much on playing games in mobile phone they even fail to blink frequently with the increased interest and attraction towards the game. This causes the dryness of the conjunctiva and also increases the ocular tension.
- Affects your emotions negatively and increases the stress level
Mobile Phone Safety For Kids:
As a parent, you must take preventive measures to minimize your child's exposure to the harmful effects of mobile phones. These include:
- Do not give cell phone if your child is under 16 years. A child's brain is too sensitive to withstand the effects of mobile radiation.
- Do not let your child hold a mobile phone directly up to his head. Use an air-tube headset instead.
- Do not let your child make calls in buses, trains, cars, and elevators. The mobile phone works harder to get the signal out through the metal, which increases the power level.
- Do not let your child use cell phone when the signal is weak. It will increase the power to the maximum, as the phone attempts to connect to a new relay antenna.
- Limit the use of cell phone around children.
- Make sure that there is no mobile phone mast or network tower near your home or your kid's school.
- Do not let children take mobile phones to school.
- Do not leave mobile phones in your children's bedroom at night.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.