Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jessica VivekYour feedback matters!
Why do I have pain in my back when I go for driving the scooty. It happens every time. I feel jerks in my back. I can not help it. I feel so much pain. What can I do for it. Please tell me. Help to get me recovered.
My grandfather (aged 79) suffered three falls and got a crack in his spinal cord. Scans revealed a blood clot in the head and he underwent a surgery to remove it. It has been 2 weeks since his operation and he is now at home but he is sleeping most of the time. He is unable to walk and when we make him sit he is unable to do so and says it is paining a lot. Sometimes he remembers everyone and everything but sometimes he is not responding. Yesterday he sat for a long time and ate well and talked with us but today he is not eating anything and seems to be in a semi-conscious state. What is the reason for this sudden change? The reports have shown C3-C6 spinal cord injury. How should we proceed further? Which specialist should we consult? Is his unresponsiveness related to the surgery he had in the head or due to the spinal cord compression?
I have a pain on the right shoulder from 1 month I can't even rotates my hand properly so tell me the medical therapy to cure this shit thing.
After being recovered from malaria it has been almost 2 month but I have pain on my leg knees. When I sit down I cant even stand up straightly I take some time to stand straight. What should I do? Before malaria I worked out in gym. My age is 26 and weight is 85kg. Help me out.
I am always having pain in both leg. I am also had hypothyroidism. Pain radiate from back. What is the cause and treatment. Please help.
Hy sir am getting pain in my leg since one month what I can do in present please help for that and I need tablets for that.
Hello Doctor, I am Krishna Age: 33 and working as a software professional. Due to ideal gesture sitting I am experiencing a pain in right Hip and Right Back ache. I always use an instant sprays but its just a instance relief. I would like to know how to get rid of this back ache.
I am 19 year old boy. I use to play basketball regularly from past 2 weeks m having pain in my both knees, as also suffered from calf muscle cramp during past weeks. So help to overcome this problem.
My wife aged around 40 years (SLIM) has L4-L5 and L5-S1 levels with lateral nerve compression (MRI report) as a result of which she has great pain in her legs and in the back. Please suggest if there is any homeopathic medicine for the same.
My mother from 4 days continuously feel weakness with joint pain. Problem in standing after sit and she also vomit 2 time in these 4 days. Test reports are all negative. There platelets count 170000.
I am 16 years old girl and I am having shoulder pain. I have tried all ointments but nothing helped.
I am 26 yrs old I have shoulder pain from past 5 yrs. I had xray but no ligament tear. I was prescribed with calcium injection and had no problems for 6 months. Later same pain occurs. If I ride bike the pain increases with the distance I travel.
I am 21 years old male. In 2014 I met with an accident and cut my motor nerve and a tip of my bone got broke. They fixed it with screw. My question is after removing the screw should I get pain for longer time because by this time I didn't face any type of pain inside my leg.
I am 19 years old male. I have trouble sleeping because of swelling knee, i've already apply oil and massage but does not work, what should I do?
I am 56 years old male, having 295 diab. Having little pain in knee points and back. Also having little pain in knuckles joints. Regularly I use to go walk for 45 - 60 minutes and do some small exercises in the park sand. Daily morning I use to take food at about 9.00 a. M. And some idlies/small tiffins in afternoon and some idlies/chappathies/doses in the night with buttermilk. I use to take pills as suggested by the physicians. What else I have to do to get it controlled.
I am 70 years, having both Knee pain since two years. X ray and MRI has shown that gap between the joint has reduced, Hence knee replacement is advised Can Ayurveda medicine help me on this issue.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
Low back pain is one of the most common medical problems and it occurs due to injury associated with the nerves, bones, and muscles of the back. The pain can vary from a sharp shooting pain that happens at various intervals to a gnawing pain that can last for weeks on end. While the former can go away with some muscle relaxant, the latter may need a combination of medications and exercise.
- Common reasons include improper sleeping posture, lifting, fracture, lack of exercise, disk injuries, arthritis, and many more. Most of these instances would lead to medium to long term pain that will not subside on its own and for long Physiotherapy has proven to provide good relief.
- The aim of physiotherapy is to reduce pain, improve movement, and maintain the spinal function in the long run. Most often, the therapy sessions would last for about 4 weeks when the regular course of medications have not helped much.
- Nerves, muscles, bones, and disks of the lower back are supported by the abdominal and back muscles. The intent of the exercise is to strengthen these two sets of muscles so that the spine/lower back per se is not very susceptible to injury. The exercises would be a combination of stretching followed by strengthening and conditioning, all aimed at these two sets of muscles.
- Some common exercises include bottom to heels stretch, knee rolls, back extensions, deep abdominal strengthening, and pelvic tilts.
- In addition to being used as a sole mean of treatment, physiotherapy is also used in back pain to treat severe cases both pre and post surgically. What is corrected by surgery needs to be enhanced by the regular exercises as prescribed by the doctor.
- One disclaimer that a doctor might want to give is that physiotherapy may not be beneficial if exercises are not done properly or if the patients do not adhere to the scheduled prescription. The long term success depends not just on getting the relief, but on following the maintenance exercises as prescribed. This is more important and helps avoid relapse of the back pain. A good posture and improved core stability with ongoing exercises is the key to success of physiotherapy in low back pain.
- While most people consider low back pain as a chronic condition, it can be managed effectively. It is important to realize that there is no overnight cure and that it may not get better on its own. Physiotherapy is a very good intervention; however, it will depend on the severity of pain and how it affects the patient's lifestyle.