Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jessica Moitra
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Jessica MoitraYour feedback matters!
Female. 26 years old. I have a child, he is 1 years old. After delivery to I have knee pain in my leg. Now its seviourly to pass all joints in my leg. Please help me sir. Which treatment want to consulting.
I have harder pain in quadricep muscles nd also liitle pain in knee cap, when i cant seat long time because of this pain so give me the suggestion and please do the needful.
I am 42 years old and working on computer for about 8 hours (sitting job). I am suffering from severe pain in the back side right ribs specially in the morning when I wake up. After woke up it becomes somewhat normal but in the morning (wake up) having severe pain in the back right hand side ribs. Pls. Help me to solve this.
I am a 64-year-old male and a vegetarian from birth. I have knee pain on my right leg at times, but I bear this and walk. The pain is not continuous but still, my left leg only bears all my weight. (81 Kgs) I have hip pain also. Kindly advise whether any immediate treatment is needed?
The knee is the largest joint in the human body and is a complex structure formed of bone, muscle and cartilage. Development of pain in the knees can be caused by numerous factors such as aging, injuries, diseases, dietary deficiencies, etc. Arthritis is the most common cause of knee pain and usually affects the elderly and aged. It occurs due to an inflammation of the joint and causes pain, swelling, redness and inflexibility of the knees.
What are the factors that determine treatment method?
Diagnosis for knee pain varies from patient to patient as each case is different and must be approached differently. Some of the factors that determine the treatment method are as follows:
- Cause of the problem
- Nature and intensity of pain
- Age of the patient
- Medical history of the patient
- Diet and lifestyle of the patient
There are a number of different types of arthritis which can affect the knees in different ways and, consequently, require different types of treatment methods.
What are the various treatment methods for knee pain?
- Conventional Remedies - These are used in case of conditions that are not too severe or chronic. It includes keeping on bed rest, using an ice pack, taking a painkiller and anti-inflammatory medicines, wearing knee braces, etc.
- Physical Therapy - There are many stretching and strengthening exercise routines that help alleviate knee pain and treat the condition. Recovery is achieved by making the muscles around the knees stronger and increasing stability and flexibility.
- Injections to the Knees - A number of anti-inflammatory substances and supplements, as well as lubricants, can be injected into the knee joint which helps reduce pain and makes the joint more supple.
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injection - This involves drawing platelets from the patient's blood and injecting it into the knee joint for repairing damage caused to ligaments, tendons or cartilage.
- Surgery - Surgical procedures for treating knee pain include partial or complete knee replacements.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!