Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Jayathri JYour feedback matters!
One year back I was suffering from jaw problem. When I contacted a doctor he prescribed me to take pacetane 2 half in the morning and half in the afternoon. Now there is no problem. Still I am taking the tablet. Is there any side effect from theat tablet. Can I stop taking the tablet ?
Q: Dear Doctor, I have some problems with my lips. These becomes black coloured. I never taking cigrate, tobacco, etc. I had never take chicken, drink, etc. In short I never absorb a bad habit of this type. My lips become black also my Gums colour also affected a lot. Every say me you are smoker.-(I am facing guilty overtime. But I am not a smoker. How can I prove? Please help me please! Doctor. That I may change the colour of gums & lips as soon as possible. Please Dr. Help me. I will thank full to my helper.
I am a 24 years old male and my problem is that I am not able to open my mouth wide. What should i do? please advise.
I have a problem with my teeth as its getting yellow and week too. I think it's required root canal. Please suggest best and cheaper disorganised asap.
Hello Dr. saab last kafi tym se almost last manth se muh me chhale ho rhe hai. Muh ke andar ka hissa aur gale tak bilkul paka hua hai lal .medicine lene kuch dino k thik ho jata hai 2 ya 3 din baad fir se ho jaate hai. Tounge me itna nahi chhala but andar ki taraf jahn se niglte hai khana wo area jyada paka hua hai. Thanks.
Doctor, how much time shall I brush a day and I have three cavities in my teeth and how can I remove them.
HIV is a systemic disease which affects all parts of the body. The oral cavity also has some tell-tale symptoms which indicate HIV / AIDS. A careful examination and detailed history of symptoms is essential. In some cases, the oral manifestations could be the area where HIV is suspected. This can help in reducing morbidity and improves prognosis. The oral lesions that occur in HIV patients can vary and differ significantly in children and adults. While there are a variety of oral lesions in HIV-infected individuals, listed below are some common infections seen in HIV patients. These are a combination of fungal, viral and bacterial infections.
- Candidiasis: Candida is an opportunistic fungus that is normally present in the oral cavity and with reduced immunity of HIV, recurrent bouts of the infection begins to show up. It can be in the form of regular thrush which is whitish and cannot be scraped off (pseudomembranous candidiasis), hyperplastic candidiasis (white patches which can be scraped off) or erythematous (reddish patches). Candida can involve any part of the oral mucosa including the pharynx and the palate.
- Herpes Simplex: This is the most common viral infection seen in patients with HIV/AIDS. There could be primary or secondary infection of herpes virus, especially inside the mouth and the vermillion border of the lips.
- Herpes zoster: This virus, when already present in the body, can be reactivated with HIV/AIDS and with oral herpes. The distinction with herpes simplex is from their distribution. These are unilateral, along the distribution of the maxillary or mandibular nerve. The lesions appear both on the facial skin and the oral mucosa. While the facial ones break open and form crusts, the mucosal ones coalesce to form larger lesions.
- Hairy Leukoplakia: This is present in about 20% of asymptomatic HIV patients. Onset of hairy leukoplakia is an indication of rapid progression of HIV with increased CD4 counts. The typical lesion is a non-movable, hairy lesion along the side of the tongue and can spread to the top and the undersurface of the tongue. There are large amounts of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) identified from biopsies of hairy leukoplakia.
- Cytomegalovirus: If the ulcers have a necrotic base with a halo surrounding it, it is CMV infection, usually seen on any oral mucosal surface.
- Periodontal disease: This is one of the bacterial infections that manifests itself in HIV patients. It can take two forms such as Linear Gingival Erythema (LGE) which can subsequently lead to Necrotizing Ulcerative Periodontitis (NUP). The oral hygiene is generally good with minimal plaque and there is rapid bone loss and soft tissue reddening and swelling. The, mouth, therefore is certainly a window to one’s health.
Diagnosing HIV with Western Blot Test-
It is a series of blood screenings are performed to test for HIV. The enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), also known as an enzyme immunoassay (EIA), is the first test that your healthcare provider will order to screen for HIV. ELISA, like the Western blot test, detects HIV antibodies in your blood. Antibodies are proteins your immune system produces in response to the presence of foreign substances, such as viruses. If you test positive for HIV on the ELISA test, your provider will order the Western blot test to confirm HIV infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Doctorji, What happened I don't know, I am getting bad smell from my mouth after brushing. It is since two years, I am suffering with this and I am unable to speak others also due to this. I am using mouth wash also for good smell. But I could not. Kindly suggest right solution to avoid this problem
Orthodontic treatment (BRACES) is recommended to start at an early age if needed as the treatment is easier and more sound.a
Stop eating sticky foods and cold drinks are enemy of tooth it soften your enamel
Floss your teeth thrice in a week and use soft bristles toothbrush
Go for scaling of teeth twice in a year it prevents bad smell, bleeding of gums, senstivity, heart disease" healthy mouth leads to healthy heart"
Regards. Take care stay healthy.