Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JayasreeYour feedback matters!
My friend is coming on 3rd month of pregnancy. She is face some problems like stomach pain and some wired noise she finds from inside.
What is the correct method for blood test for pp n fasting what time one should eat dinner for fasting test next day? Two n half hours from the first bite or the last bite for pp? Pl clarify! and what should be the breakfast and dinner before going for blood sugar test?
My wife took I pill and we committed unsafe sex in 24 hrs of taking pill. Will she get pregnant please help.
We want to a baby since last two year. My semen analysis report is normal. My wife's period circle is 28 days in every month. This month we intercourse 10,12,14,15.today 25 days. But she got leg and back pain. What this is period symptoms?
An woman is in menstrual cycle for 7 days. So when she is bleeding, is that the time for safe sex according to the answer given above. Or is it after the 7th day that is considered as safe to have sex.
I am 18 years old. Yesterday I had two puff of hukka can this effect my healhtand I was in periods (second day) amd will it create issue in my future life. Hukka puff was very small amd I just tried.
Sir, agar morning time 5 am intercourse karre aur wife uske baad kab toilet ya flush out ho sakti hai. please reply with some useful answer. I really thankful to you.
Mera periods last month aug me 25 ka date tha or avi tak delayed hai 16 days ho gae pichle month me junk food ke wajah se mera do kg weight badh gya or pichle month mujhe jab bahut bleeding ho rahi thi to mane bleeding kam karne ki medicine khai thi jo meri mummy khati hai uske bad se mera periods ni ho raha please bataie kya karu.
It's been 1 year since I got married And we often have intercourse To say weekly ones Happy with sexual life but I am not pregnant still will makes me sad and depressed For my husband semen analysis test is suggested Do I have any test that can be done to check if I have any fertility issues Note my periods cycle it's not stable where it happens between 25 days to 31 days.
There are many questions a woman may have in mind for her gynecologist, but never asked them. Here are 15 such questions along with their solutions.
- Does my vagina smell unpleasant?: You should shower it with water and gently wipe it with a wash cloth before any test. Applying perfume makes the smell even worse.
- What to do in case the feet stink?: You should wear fresh and clean socks before going for the test and getting in the stirrup, which is a metal device for convenience of gynaecological tests.
- In case of a period, should I cancel my test appointment?: A gynaecologist is not afraid nor disgusted by blood as blood is a part of the specialist's profession. If you have heavy bleeding, you can call up the nurse for suggestions.
- What if the doctor or nurse judges my body?: Your gynaecologist does not care about your body and is more concerned about your problems and how to solve them.
- What if my legs are unshaved?: Your gynaecologist really does not care about your legs or underarms or any part of your body. Your problem is the only concern for the doctor.
- What if my shaved hair looks ugly?: As stated before, the gynaecologist is only concerned about your problem and nothing else. Use a sharp razor to prevent bumps or ingrown hair.
- What is the speculum?: It is a device used by your gynaecologist for opening your vagina in order to observe the cervix or look for infections on the vaginal wall.
- Why do I urinate in my pants if I sneeze, laugh or cough?: This is a common phenomenon for women who have given birth and is easy to treat.
- Is my vaginal discharge normal?: Having a small amount of white vaginal discharge is quite normal.
- What does the gynaecologist check inside my vagina using hands?: The bimanual exam is done using the hands to detect problems in the uterus.
- What if I do not like birth control means?: There are over 50 methods of birth control and many pills you can choose from.
- Can I ask about my sexual problems?: Absolutely yes, as it is quite an important issue.
- Can my partner or family accompany me to the test?: Yes, they can, but during the time of the test, they should leave the room.
- Can I discuss my relationship problems?: Your gynaecologist should know about any issue you are having.
- If I am having forced sex, should I tell? :Such matters should be conveyed immediately.
You can ask your gynecologist any question, which bothers you, without fear.
Cough is the natural reflex action of a human being to clear the throat or breathing passage from obstructions by foreign particles. Whooping cough or pertussis can be identified by the whooping sound that accompanies cold cough. Whooping cough is caused due to bacterial infection or through transmission from the infected person.
The following are few symptoms of whooping cough:
- Runny nose and frequent sneezing
- Cough accompanied by a whooping sound
- Frequent vomiting
- Nasal congestion
- Sore throat
Whooping cough must be cured since it can pose serious health hazards for both children and adults and at times can even turn out to be life threatening. Ayurveda can effectively heal whooping cough naturally. The
Following are few simple steps offered by ayurveda for treating whooping cough:
- Honey: This is the most common and effective remedy suggested for whooping cough. Take a tablespoon of honey and mix it in a glass of lukewarm water to experience fast relief.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking makes whooping cough worse. So you must take care to quit the habit of smoking.
- Castor oil: Castor oil is also a remedy for whooping cough offered by ayurveda.
- Ginger juice: Ginger juice is a very effective remedy for curing whooping cough. You may mix the juice with honey or herbal tea.
- Aloe Vera juice: Aloe vera juice mixed with honey is considered to be a cure for whooping cough in ayurveda.
- Cloves: Sometimes cloves can also offer very fast relief from continuous coughing.
- Tulsi leaves: Tulsi leaves are also considered to be a very effective cure for whooping cough according to ayurveda.
- Breathing exercises: Practicing breathing exercises regularly can also give you relief from whooping cough.
Whooping cough generally persists for a week or two, but if severe it can continue to persist for even longer. You should not neglect whooping cough and must follow the above mentioned remedies right from the beginning to experience faster relief.
I am 42 years old housewife. Having thyroid and menstrual problem. Not having period for last 3 months. Feeling chapped skin at upper lid. Also having dry skin problem though generally I am having oily skin. Takes medicine for thyroid and use good skin products. Also overweight.
Over-the -counter drugs are not for all even if the problem is common, as there are certain conditions which hinder the proper functioning of the medicine in a person. Thus, before popping a pill we should always consult a trained practitioner. Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation are some of the health and sex related problems that can lead to the use of Viagra. This drug was released at the end of the 90s, and it seeks to help people who primarily suffer from occasional impotence and other related issues. These problems can be caused due to psychological problems like stress and anxiety, as well as other reasons including heart disease, diabetes and other such chronic ailments. Yet there are many instances where this drug does not work. Let us find out more about the causes for the same.
- Heart Conditions: To begin with, Viagra cannot be ingested by anyone and everyone. If you are a patient of any kind of cardiovascular diseases and have been prescribed drugs that contain nitrate, then Viagra is not for you. This drug can hinder the work of the medicine and cause some serious side effects, which may make your chronic ailment even more problematic and severe.
- Side Effects: Viagra tends to have a lot of side effects for people and does not work efficiently in such cases. One of the most prominent side effects includes prolonged and persistent headache, which can actually last days. Also, the patients may suffer from temporary colour blindness and may not be able to tell colours like yellow and orange apart.
- Narrow Blood Vessels: When a man gets an erection, the blood usually flows at a rapid rate into the penis so that the member increases in terms of size, thickness and length, with subtle changes in the colour as well. This happens through the blood vessels where the blood flows in from. These are known as in and out vessels. If these vessels happen to be too narrow for a patient, then the erection will not be able manifest. This is also one of the primary reasons why Viagra does not work for some people.
- Arteries: One of the other reasons why Viagra may not work is the arteries. If the arteries are too narrow and not strong enough, then they will not be able to support the flow of blood for the erection to happen. This can cause problems in achieving and maintaining an erection, in which case Viagra cannot work properly.
- Drug Intolerance: The primary work of Viagra is to help the blood vessels in relaxing. Yet, it is possible that the patient may develop some amount of intolerance towards the drug that will end up restricting its action.
There are many instances when a drug like Viagra may not work. In such cases, you can turn to long term therapy or ask your doctor about any alternative medication for the condition.
Can anyone ovulate at the end of pill pack? M on krimson 35. My pill pack of dec got over on 24th. Had unprotected sex activity on 25th but no vaginal intercourse has been done. If accidentally some sperms enter will their be any egg to fertilize (since I take the pill within 2 hrs time frame. I got my period on 28th dec which continued upto 2nd. So if by chance fertilisation occur will it be able to survive withdrawal bleed and implant later or will just be flushed out with the menstrual fluid. Never missed any pill and started using the pill from november. Lots of queries in my mind which are needed to be solved!
The fibroids in her uterus are reasons for some constant profuse bleeding. She is scared to go under knife and while 2 doctors have preferred to operate she is scared nd is looking for some other expert advice.
My wife is in 7th month of pregnancy. She frequently feels immense pain and starts crying. How much safe is Anafortan Tablets. She can take it frequently?
How can we come to know that baby in my womb is my husband's baby or boyfriend's baby? Is it recognised without D.N.A test?
As I have girlfriend and want to know the best safe time to have sex with her, so she didn't get pregnant, mean without the protection, Safe sex. As the pleasure without condom is like aha and with it just ok.
A Pap smear test helps in detecting the signs and onset of cervical cancer. This test helps in pointing at the presence of any suspicious cells that may require further examination and testing with the help of an oncologist. You will enjoy a negative result in case you have a normal reading during the examination process and no further treatment will be required. Yet, you will be asked to go through the test on a regular basis. But here is what happens if you have an abnormal reading.
- Positive Result: You are said to have a positive result, if you have any unusual or abnormal cells were found during this Pap Smear Test. While this may not necessarily mean that you have cervical cancer, it can show what kind of abnormal cells are present in this area of your body. The doctor will check for the following things after a positive result.
- ASCUS: This is also known as Atypical Squamous Cells of Undetermined Significance. This is a liquid based test that will seek to study the thin and flat squamous cells that may be found on the surface of a perfectly healthy and normal cervix. This test will check for the presence of any virus that may lead to the development of cancer and to determine the level of risk to the patient. Further, if there is any high risk virus, then further treatment and testing will be required.
- Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion: When some of the cells that have been extracted during the Pap Smear test turn out to be precancerous, then they are Squamous Intraepithelial Lesions. In many cases, it takes a few years for these lesions to turn cancerous especially when the changes are low grade, which pertains to the size, shape and other features of the same. If a high grade lesion is detected, then diagnostic testing in the form of imaging tests may be required.
- Atypical Glandular Cells: These mucus producing cells grow within the cervical opening and usually spread into the uterus as well. While they may appear abnormal, it is difficult to tell whether or not they are cancerous, especially in the early stages.
- Squamous Cell Cancer: This is an almost certain reading of the growth of cancer in the cervix. When a reading from the Pap Smear includes such a finding, the doctor will recommend immediate evaluation.
- Colposcopy: Once you have had a positive reading with any of the above findings, the doctor will perform this procedure with sample tissue extracted during a biopsy. This will be done with the use of a special magnifying tool known as a colposcope to examine the cervix, vagina and vulva tissues.