Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. JayaramYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from eye problem last 8 year. My eyes visions are -3.50 d. I am wearing glass. Please suggest me that I want to do q LASIK surgery. Its wrong or right? For me.
My location being Hyderabad as of now, being exams ahead next month so I usually stay inside but forget about getting out even if I make a single step in the balcony I start feeling pain behind my eyes spontaneously. Due to UV exposure and sunlight, what precautions and measures I can take to avoid this pain and just be healthy not bothering myself, apart from sun screen lotions.
Hello. I had allergy in my eyes from dust and sun rays. And from my eyes water comes out as when I study. Yawning, or when I touch my face. Or nose. What can I do why this happen?
I am getting my eyesight weak. Please suggest what should I do to get rid of this Problem. Tell what should I eat more?
Hi doctor, I always feel sleepy even sleep for whole night always my eyes pains, I had already go for eye check bt it's 6/6. I have a doubt of increasing thyroid. Seems to be the symptoms like that. If that so can you please suggest the test I can go for. Thanks.
Please tell me about eye pressure. What kind of treatment is better for that? Will it cause any side effect? Is it curable? Please respond to my question. Thanks in advance.
I am suffering from viral conjunctivitis. Now it is 15th day. Still my vision has not completely improved. Some cloudy appearance in one eye. I am taking steroid eye drops 1drop 3 times for 5 days as instructed by doctor. How long will it take to cure completely. Will I retrieve my eye sight completely How many days is this disease contagious. Please help to my question.
My child went for a squint surgery when he was 5 years old, now again we noticed a squint in his left eye for the last one year and everyone told us about this from his classmate, teacher to our relatives. We contacted to doctor and he suggest another surgery saying that one muscle will be operated. The kid is 12 years old now. What do you suggest and what precaution do I take now so that it doesn't happen in future?
Hi After typing on computer when I look at some one or something they look more than one or cannot seen clearly. What is the reason of it.
I am a 31 year old male. And have spectacles. - 3. 5 on each eye. I am in a dilemma that is it 100% safe to have a lasic surgery done. Is there even a 0. 01% chance that the surgery may not be correct?
I want to know about that I have infection on my panic tip. I look like a red resas. So I want to know that what should I do and what precaution is required. And also I have a red eyes problem when I went outside on my byke. My eye gone red and dry when I contact with air and it irritate me so please me a medicine and precaution which is help full for me. I use iderop from some time but it cannot help full so please give me adolution for my both problem. I think my be infection in my eye.
I m facing a little problem. I have red eyes for 2days. I used Olopat Od twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
My friend had a eye sight"-11" Give the suggestion to go for laser treatment or contact lens operation. Which one is best and how to control the eye sight for not increasing.
Tears are frequently coming from my eyes. I am IT student so many of my studies are with computers. So I get irritation in eyes so please suggest me some eye tips to protect my eyes.
If you’ve ever played Blind Man’s Buff you know how helpless it can feel to be unable to see. While some people are born blind, others lose sight as a result of health issues, accidents etc. Imagine how a person would feel to be able to see something for the first time or to regain their sight?
Every human being with sight can choose to donate their eyes after their death and gift another person vision. When it comes to eye donation, there is no restriction on the person’s age or overall health. Even a person who has had surgery on their eyes can choose to donate them as long as the cornea is unaffected. It is not only noble but the thought of being able to give some a chance to see the world with your eyes can give you immense joy.
However, just a thought is not enough, there are few other facts to be kept in mind before going for eye donation:
- Eyes need to be donated within 6 hours of a person’s death: For your eyes to be viable for a donation they must be harvested within 6 hours of death. Thus, if you choose to be a donor, it is important for you to inform your family and friends of this decision. Eye donation can also be authorized by the deceased’s next of kin.
- Donation does not cost money: There are no costs involved in donating your eyes. Profiting by buying and selling human organs and tissues is a criminal at and can be punishable by law.
- The whole eye is not transplanted: The most common cause of blindness is a damaged or diseased cornea. Thus, only this area is transplanted to enable a person to see. The cornea is a thin, transparent flap located in front of the colored part of the eye. Thus, donating eyes does not disfigure the deceased person in any way.
- Even people who wear spectacles can donate their eyes: Short sightedness or far sightedness are conditions caused by irregularities with the lens inside the eye and do not affect the cornea. Thus these conditions do not interfere with their ability to donate their eyes after death. Even people who have been operated upon for cataracts, retinal detachments or glaucoma may choose to donate their eyes. It is even possible for a person who has received a corneal transplant to donate their eyes as long as the cornea is healthy and clear.
- Corneal Transplants have a high success rate: There is no blood supply to the cornea and hence there is a very low risk of the body rejecting a donor cornea. In many cases, this rejection can be treated and suppressed with medication.
Though over 30,000 corneas are donated and transplanted each year, there is still a long waiting list at eye banks. Thus, it time you take a pledge to make someone else's life beautiful. Do not think twice about donating your eyes and encourage people around you to do so as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.