Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. JayaprakashYour feedback matters!
I got fever for last 3 day so I want to know the symptoms of dengue and malaria. It will very helpful for me.
I have severe mouth ulcer last three days taking multivitamins and using ulcer gels frequently but not come down please advice.
Hi Dear Sir/madam, I am suffering from stomach pain since three weeks as I walked into the local doctor but it's still continuing please assist me what should I do?
My brother who lives in Australia suffered from severe back problem. Due to which he was suggested bed rest with medicines. After approx a month he suffered an attack in which he was unable to breathe properly and was rushed to emergency. On running tests it came out that some blood clots developed as he was on bed rest which travelled to the lungs. Now though he is taking medicines and no clots are coming in the tests, he still suffers breathlessness for which doctors are unable to find the reason.
I am newly married and I want to sex with my wife without condom and I also not want her pregnant up to 3 to 4 years how its possible .Give me any better solution
I am 21 years old. I have skin allergy from 5 months it is more in the evening became back in that sport. I have consulted many doctors and used tables but no use please tell me the solution for it.
I have migraine problem from last two month it occurs sometimes left side and sometimes right sides how it will become cure.
I have nightfall problem .what can do tell. This problem may be 2 years .i not watching any thing. Or I not used sell phone.
Gym karte time thoda sa work out karne par pet me dard hone lagta h. fir thoda 10 min rest kerne par thik ho jata h. jab se gym join kiye hai tab se ye problem hai. please help.
Rice though used as a staple in many parts of the world, is still one of the most controversial and misunderstood foods. There are a number of myths associated with this food and now’s time to debunk them. But let’s look at a few facts about rice first.
- Rice contains high carbohydrate content. A cup of white rice contains 35gms of carbohydrates
- A cup of white rice contains 165 calories
- A cup of white rice contains 3-4 gms of proteins
Rice, like all other carbohydrates, ultimately gets broken down into glucose inside the GI track. And glucose is the ultimate source of energy for the human body. There are also two different types of rice, white rice and brown rice. The difference between the two, especially for our health, is substantial.
White rice has very little fibre but brown rice has more fibre and also more vitamins and minerals. Whereas, brown rice has substantial amounts of minerals, which are not present in white rice, such as
Brown rice contains 3 gms of fibre while white rice has only 0.6 gm. This is a substantial difference too.
- Myth - Rice Contains Gluten: The fact is that rice is gluten-free and it does not cause allergies that are associated with other grains. Gluten high foods are bad for diabetics and those trying to lose weight.
- Myth - Rice is fattening: Rice is, in fact, low in fats and is also cholesterol free. Because it contains carbohydrates, rice is a good source of energy.
- Myth - Rice has no protein: Protein is the second-most abundant nutrient found in rice. A cup of white rice contains 3-4 gm. of proteins, as a matter of fact. The quality of the rice protein is also very high compared to other grains.
- Myth - Rice has high amounts of salt: Rice contains low amounts of sodium.
- Myth - Eating rice for dinner makes one fat: High carb foods like rice should be eaten at night as they are metabolised into glucose, our energy stocks. The glucose in the blood is more readily converted into energy at night. Rice and other grains should be avoided during the day as the glucose more readily converts into fat.
- Myth - Rice is difficult to digest: Actually, the reverse is true. Enzymes secreted in the human digestive tract are especially good at digesting rice. White rice undergoes a processing system where the germ layers, bran and husk are all stripped off. By doing this, white rice loses much of the nutrition too.
The rice of choice for all of us, therefore, should be brown rice, compared to white rice. This way we shall be getting the carbs for energy and proteins, fibre, vitamins and minerals to stay healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.