Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. JayaprakashYour feedback matters!
I am taking olmesartan based medicine for last 1 yr. My bowel movement irregular. Every day I take medicine dal cuflex for bowel movement. Pl suggest.
Can gas trouble patients take butter milk or it cause any problem of further increase of gas. And also about sprouted green grams.
Any type of surgery is stressful for your body and you will need to take extra care of yourself in order to heal well. Any procedure that is performed on the stomach, liver, gallbladder, intestines, appendix, pancreas or spleen can be categorised as an abdominal surgery.
Here are ten tips to speed up the healing process after such a surgery.
- Be prepared: While preparing yourself for surgery, also prepare your home for your return after surgery. Stock up your fridge with soft foods and keep loose, comfortable clothes easily accessible. Ideally, finish your laundry and house cleaning before the surgery and move away furniture and other things that could trip you.
- Understand your medication: After the surgery, you are likely to be prescribed medication to relieve the pain and help with the healing process. Understand the dosage of these medications as well as any possible side effects that you should watch out for.
- Get out of bed: The more you move around, the faster your incision will heal. Moving about also aids in the digestive process and helps the bowel work efficiently.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights: Do not lift anything heavier than 500 grammes without your doctor’s consent. This includes your pets, laundry baskets, grocery bags etc. also, avoid vacuuming for a while.
- Get some light exercise: It may be a few months before you can get back to your regular workout routine but ensure that you get a little light exercise every day. Walking is a great way to start.
- Keep plenty of pillows at hand: Holding a pillow between your knees or against your stomach can help relieve abdominal pain and discomfort. You may also feel better by propping yourself up on a few pillows when sitting on a chair.
- Drink plenty of water: Keeping your body hydrated is crucial to the healing process. Water aids in circulation and ensures that adequate nutrients reach all parts of your body. Ideally, one should drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
- Care for your incision: Keep your incision clean and dry by washing it with soap and water daily and thoroughly drying it afterwards. Do not apply any ointment or cream on the area unless advised so by the doctor.
- Take a close look at your diet: For the first few days, it is advisable to eat only soft or semi-soft foods that are easy to digest. You may gradually change to normal food as your body’s tolerance levels increase.
- Get plenty of sunshine: Exposing yourself to a little sunshine on a daily basis can make the recovery process less painful and make you more cheerful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
Hi now I have heart burn and my back is paining is this symptoms of pregnancy becose in my menstruation time I Will get periods on 25 or 26 cycle only now it is 25 th day why it is paining for what this symptoms is for please can you tell me madam.
I am suffering from blood in stool since last four days .it is not continues but after 4 or 5 days comes. I don't feel any type pain .please give me a proper information and diagnose.
I am suffering from IBS and have been taking medicines for long time but when I stop my medication it occurs again. please let me know what kind of diet I should follow and which things should be avoided.
Blood in stool 2 days n nrml blood colour n constipation I have n slight pain at the time of descept.
I am male 47 years, suffering from fatty liver grade 2 from last 3-4 years, I have some time pain lever side, I am not taking any medicine and also do not want to take any medicine. I want to recover my liver by food, exercise and change my daily routine. Please guide me in this situation.
Mera pate buhat kharab rehta hai zada kar gas ke shekayat hai mane buhat chote Dr. Ko dekhaya hai magar kuche hasel nahi huwa.
Acidity. asthma. Nd I feel so negative things nd till now I hv gone 4 times in d icu nd m hvng hipper acidity. Nd blood is coming frm my mouth.
There is a stone in my gallbladder neck. Is it required to remove the full gallbladder through microsurgerysurgery or the stone can be remove from the gallbladder through microsurgery? I want a microsurgery not open surgery. please help.
Hi, I have been gymming for the past 5 months. Until 2 months I had no problems, I craved for more food. I usually do not take outside food/ junk food. I took Peanut protein powder protinex. After 2 months I had started experiencing indigestion, bloated stomach and eventually loss of appetite. I started losing weight. I had periods of loose motion and gastric trouble. Are these signs of any potential problems. Please provide some tips regarding any tests to be taken. A doctor in my town asked me to undergo endoscopy. Should I need to undergo endoscopy which costs around 4k. I need to gain more weight. Please help me. Thank you.
My age is 14. I eat rice and some curries. But its not digestioning properly. What to do now. Please say.
Did you know that oral ulcers are very common and most of the time they are very harmless?They generally heal in 9 to 10 days time.
but did you also know that those ulcers which DO NOT HEAL within 3 weeks should be investigated by a specialist?
A specialist means an oral pathologist , if one is unavailable, an oral diagnostician?