Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayanthi Sastry
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Jayanthi SastryYour feedback matters!
Hi I am feeling dizzy and drowsy from. Last two three days. I work on computer in office. whenever I sit in front of pc. I start to feel drowsy. I was feeling dehydrated and tired drowsy dizzy all the time. Even at home also. What could be the reason. 2 days back I noticed my mouth gets dry. I drink lots of water bit still sleeping. I have had to make extreme efforts to keep my eyes open at works. They automatically shuts and I keep yawning inspite of good sleep. I lost weight 2 kgs recently. Is it eye problem or any other issue. My eyes feel too heavy and sleepy. Sometimes I feel spinning around head while sitting talking and walking. Kindly suggest. What is the reason. This is happening from last 5.6 days.
I have a pain at corner of one eye and nose. Eyeball and above are also paining. Can it be sinus? Pl suggest suitable remedies. Awaiting your prompt reply. Thanks.
Hello Dr. Last 1 week se I thnk viral infection hai. Kafi jyada jukam aur chhik aa rahi hai morning ke time to bhot jyada hote hai aur ye poora din ese hi rehti h.aur chest m right side bhi halka pain hota h .but ye tabhi hota h jab jukam ho. Gala bhi andar se lal hai. please koi medicine bataye thanks
Sir I recently had rhinoplasty for deviated nose, even after surgery my nose is not completely straight.
She is feeling week though eating. She feels hungry but eating very little makes her stomach feel full. But still sometimes she feels giddiness. Why does this happens ? Please give me a suggestion. Thank you.
I rarely get headaches in both area near ears and I really can feel blood pumping through the veins, is it migraine ?
A blocked nose is not only annoying, but extremely discomforting. Several reasons can be held responsible for it and common cold is certainly not the only one. Some other reasons include:
Therefore, the remedial measures for blocked nose vary, depending on the cause that led to it. Some of the ways by which you can redress this problem are:
- Use a humidifier: Sinusitis is often held responsible for a clogged nose, a condition that is almost always accompanied by severe pain. In such a situation, placing a humidifier in a room proves to be extremely beneficial. This machine treats blocked nose by converting the water to moisture. This fills up the room and significantly increases the humidity of the room. Therefore, when you breathe, the humid air soothes the inflamed blood vessels in the nose and helps you to breathe properly.
- Take a hot shower: When you find it difficult to breathe, a quick hot shower can go a long way in curing the discomfort. The logic that operates is the steam generated from the hot shower thins the mucus and also considerably reduces the inflammation in the nose, allowing you to breathe normally.
- Drink lots of water: Though the suggestion may seem incredible, drinking water actually helps in unblocking that blocked nose. When you drink a lot of water, the mucus in the nostrils is thinned, at the same time it pushes back the accumulated fluids, thereby curbing the condition of blocked nose.
- Using a saline spray: This is one of the most ancient and trusted ways of treating blocked nose. By administering a saline or a nasal spray, the moisture in your nostrils increases and radically diminishes the inflammation.
- Use warm compresses: Using a warm compress has been the most reliable form of medication in times of high temperature and also at times of blocked nose. The compress that was dipped in hot water, when placed on the nose and forehead helps to unblock the nasal passages. The soothing effect of the warm compresses reduces the inflammation and facilitates the process of breathing.