Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jayanthi RaniYour feedback matters!
My friend is 28 years old and married. He was having a lower abdominal and backpain for which doctor asked him for an appendicitis surgery. During a rapid test he came out with a positive HIV -1. Apart from his wife he never had sex with Anyone else in his life. Neither he nor his wife has any symptoms of hiv. Is it a matter to be worried upon? Should I believe that the rapid test maybe diagnosed wrong? Please suggest what should he do now as after two days he is going to have the surgery.
I am 38 years old, I am over weight with 15 kgs, right now I am 65 kgs, can you please suggest any weight reduction medicines, I have ligament tear on my right knee, due to over weight unable to walk.
The c curve is a movement of the spine that strengthens the deep abdominal while stretching the muscles of the back. The c curve is a basic movement in pilates that is used in many different exercises.
The classic c curve is always initiated by the abdominal. Try a c curve by sitting up tall with your legs slightly bent in front of you. Imagine someone punching you in the lower stomach, and allow your spine to round by scooping in your deep abdominals. Your upper back, neck, and head may naturally follow this motion and round forward. So you initiate the c curve with the lower back (lumbar spine), then you add the upper back (thoracic spine), and finally you add the head and neck (cervical spine). Now your whole spine is making a capital c. This movement should feel like a big stretch for your whole spine and all the muscles that surround it.
Here's a little more specific information about the three natural curves of the spine and how they participate in the c curve movement.
Pilates lumbar c curve
The lumbar c curve movement is always initiated by your lower abdominals. This is the most difficult spinal movement to initiate because the lumbar spine has thick vertebrae that are meant to stabilize and hold the weight of the body. When you're standing or lying, the natural curve of your lumbar spine is in slight extension (like neutral spine), so when performing a lumbar c curve, you must pay much attention to pulling in your abdominals from the lowest part of your abdomen and attempting to reverse the natural curve of your low spine. You can accomplish this only by deep and strong low abdominal engagement.
The lumbar c curve in pilates.
Pilates thoracic c curve
The upper back (thoracic region) naturally curves forward in a c shape. When performing a thoracic c curve, think of pulling your ribs in and allowing your shoulders to round forward. Doing so creates a nice stretch in the upper back.
The thoracic c curve naturally follows the lumbar c curve, but it is easy to do the thoracic c curve without actually starting from the lower back. In other words, it's easy for people to round their upper back because the back naturally rounds in that direction. Initiating the rounding from the lower back is more difficult and takes low abdominal work. The idea in pilates is generally to try to do more work from the belly and to move the spine starting from the lower back and then adding in the upper back afterward.
The thoracic c curve in pilates.
Pilates cervical c curve
The cervical c curve is a way to visualize the correct way to lift your head off the mat during an abdominal exercise. If you know the right way to lift your head up and understand proper neck alignment, you won't overstrain your neck when doing the abdominal-related exercises in pilates.
Lie on your back with your hands interlaced behind your head to support the neck. Lift your head off the mat by lengthening the back of the neck and by imagining that you're squeezing a tangerine under your chin to bring the head up (kind of like nodding your head yes as you lift it off the mat). Don't lead up with your chin. Once your head is off the mat, you have created your cervical c curve; the c shape begins at the top of your head and ends at the base of your sternum (or rib cage). You must lift your head high enough to form the shape of the c. Think of your abdominal muscles lifting up the weight of the head, not the neck muscles. If you're very tight in your neck or very weak in your tummy, you may not be able to make a complete c shape. But if you keep doing the work, you will!
The cervical c curve in pilates.
Cholesterol is carried through your blood, attached to proteins. This combination of proteins and cholesterol is called a lipoprotein. There are different types of Lipoprotein in your blood:
• Low-density lipoprotein (LDL). LDL, or "bad," cholesterol transports cholesterol particles throughout your body. LDL cholesterol builds up in the walls of your arteries, making them hard and narrow causing Atherosclerosis..
• Very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL). This type of lipoprotein contains the most triglycerides, a type of fat, attached to the proteins in your blood. VLDL cholesterol makes LDL cholesterol larger in size, causing your blood vessels to narrow
• High-density lipoprotein (HDL). HDL, or "good," cholesterol picks up excess cholesterol and takes it back to your liver from where it is excreted.
How to know if you are at risk of High Cholestrol:
• Obesity. Having a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or greater puts you at risk of high cholesterol.
• Large waist circumference. Your risk increases if you are a man with a waist circumference of at least 40 inches (102 centimeters) or a woman with a waist circumference of at least 35 inches (89 centimeters).
• Poor diet. Foods that are high in cholesterol, such as red meat, egg yolk, full-fat dairy products, trans fats, found in some commercially baked cookies, will increase your total cholesterol.
• Lack of exercise. Exercise helps boost your body's HDL "good" cholesterol while lowering your LDL "bad" cholesterol. Not getting enough exercise puts you at risk of high cholesterol.
• Diabetes. High blood sugar contributes to higher LDL cholesterol and lower HDL cholesterol. High blood sugar also damages the lining of your arteries.
• Smoking: Smoking damages the walls of your arteries and also decreases your good cholesterol.
1) Diet: Top foods to lower your cholesterol and protect your heart are:
a) Oats: Oats contain soluble fibre which decreases your LDL (Bad cholesterol)
b) Fatty Fish: Fish has no effect on LDL but eating fatty fish can be heart healthy because of its high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce your blood pressure and risk of developing blood clots ,thus preventing Heart attacks.
d) Walnuts, almonds and other tree nuts can improve blood cholesterol. Rich in mono- and polyunsaturated fatty acids, walnuts also help keep blood vessels healthy.
e) Cook in Monounsaturated fat — found in olive, peanut and canola oils .
f) Eat whole grain breads and whole fruits to add fibre to your diet.
2) Exercise: Brisk walk for 30-60 minutes daily.
3) Reduce your weight.
4) Limit your alcohol intake.
5) Quit smoking.
6) Follow a Mediterranean diet which is Heart healthy.
I am about 23 years now and my family is planning for marriage and problem is my weight is 42 kg they say I should increase otherwise no girl would select me even if I have a good job and good salary. My question is whether it will affect or is there a need to increase weight for a marriage?
I have haemmoride problem since 1 year. I have bleeding from last 2 days. And I have problem of constipation. Hard stool problem. I take ayurvedic medicine from last one year. I also taken injection on that part. All way I tried. But still I have problem of piles. When movement of stool. The muscle are getting out. And close when pass out. Irregularly taken abhayarishta tonic but it does not workout. I have diet problem. I eat all and whatever. Is it that problem of diet? Pls help me. I am not doing any operation.
My location being Hyderabad as of now, being exams ahead next month so I usually stay inside but forget about getting out even if I make a single step in the balcony I start feeling pain behind my eyes spontaneously. Due to UV exposure and sunlight, what precautions and measures I can take to avoid this pain and just be healthy not bothering myself, apart from sun screen lotions.
I have knee pain what should I do and what are the precautions. I have this since long and I am not getting relaxed by any Dr. Medicine.
Hi, My mother is 25 year thyroid patient. Done test 7 days back it was normal. But cholesterol is bit increase and have swelling in whole body but in legs more swelling. She is doing walk on regular basis. She want to loose some weight. Please suggest something for swelling.
Cancer is one of the most fatal diseases in the world. Stomach cancer is also known as 'Gastric cancer'. Like other diseases, it is crucial that it gets identified in the early stages and gets treated before it reaches the incurable stage. Like other forms of cancer, the exact cause of stomach cancer is still not yet known. However, certain things make stomach cancer more likely to happen.
The possible causes of stomach cancer are given below:
Some of these causes apply to nearly all forms of cancer. However, some of them only apply to stomach cancer.
- Bad diet
- Stomach surgery for an ulcer
- Type-A blood
- Epstein-Barr virus infection
- Exposure to certain materials in certain industries
- Helicobacter pylori bacteria
Some of the symptoms of stomach cancer are:
Stomach cancer like all other forms of cancer has various stages and it is crucial that it is diagnosed in the early stages so that the progression of it is stymied. At first, the symptoms of stomach cancer include indigestion, loss of appetite, slight nausea, heartburn and the feeling of being bloated after a meal.
However, indigestion and heartburn, doesn't always mean that you have stomach cancer, but if these conditions persist, you should visit a doctor to rule out the possibility of stomach cancer.
The growth of the tumor in your stomach can lead to various serious symptoms too, such as:
- Stomach pain
- Blood in your stool
- Weakness or exhaustion
- Diarrhea and constipation
- Weight loss for no apparent reason
- Swelling in your stomach
- Trouble in swallowing
- Eyes and skin turn yellowish
Hi Doctor, I feel dizziness some times after coming home from Office and I am having Back pain and Abdominal pain when I wake up in morning. I am 22 Years old and weight: 95 KG. Can you please suggest me on this.
I am 26 years old 2 times abortion and utreus septem removed then I have piles problem I am waiting for pregnancy any difficult in my pregnancy please suggestion.
I have lot of pimple spot on my face how to remove that spot so that my face get clean and clear skin.
My mom is facing the sugar problem. And also she need to reduce her weight. Suggest the foods or medicine to reduce sugar as well as weight. Thanks.
To help your children protect their teeth and gums and greatly reduce their risk of getting cavities, teach them to follow these simple steps:
1. Brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste to remove plaque-the sticky film on teeth that's the main cause of tooth decay.
2. Floss daily to remove plaque from between your teeth and under the gumline, before it can harden into tartar. Once tartar has formed, it can only be removed by a professional cleaning.
3. Eat a well-balanced diet that limits starchy or sugary foods, which produce plaque acids that cause tooth decay. When you do eat these foods, try to eat them with your meal instead of as a snack-the extra saliva produced during a meal helps rinse food from the mouth.
4. Use dental products that contain fluoride, including toothpaste. Make sure that your children's drinking water is fluoridated. If your water supply; municipal, well or bottled does not contain fluoride, your dentist or pediatrician may prescribe daily fluoride supplements. Take your child to the dentist for regular checkups.