Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. JayanthiYour feedback matters!
Dr, I have a pain in my throat for 2 days and as a result I feel difficult to talk at night and cold conditions and I do not think its the problem of cough. I feel pain on the left part of my throat while touching. I have both smoking and drinking habits (mild)
I am 38 year male suffering from sinus from last three years and I am taking homoeopathy treatment from last two years but no benefit. So I request you to please help me.
i am gastric patients. i am suffering from 8year. Whengas medicine take then side effect. Neck, solder pain. Now l am suffering from sinuses. Nasal septum is deviated to right side. Retention cysts in left maxillary and sphenoid sinus. Ethmoidal sinusitis. DNS to right. Furtican ft nsal spry l take.
I am suffering from tonsils in my neck. It is very painful. Yesterday I take medicines. Now it is in control. But every month it come again.(Please suggest me what precautions I will take. I always try to keep my self away from cold water. When ever I drink, it is sure tonsil will occur soon.Please tell.
My throat was paining since 2days. And I can't able to drink n eat. Difficulty in swallowing. Pls. Give me a remedy.
What are the symptoms of tonsil extension problem which causing pain below chin where neckline starts. And what are the remedies to cure it.
I am having problem of ear pain since 4 days. From past 2 days I am hearing a sound in ears, actually I have sinus problem. Please tell me the solution.
Dear sir I am suffering from cold for 3 days and my throat is paining. Please prescribe and help with some precautions. Thank you.
Hello doctor in my left ear the water enters and it settled inside for a month and I uses cotton buds to clean it and it makes a pain when moving my jaw and hearing is also lesser in the ear and yesterday I once again uses the cotton buds it gives the reddish brown colour now I having the pain and lesser hearing and the water is inside my ear what to do next.
It is very common for patients with nasal obstruction to develop clogged ear as well. The back of the nose opens into a tunnel also known as the Eustachian tube. This tube goes up to the ear. In case the ears get clogged the pressure is released by popping of the ears. This is achieved by swallowing, yawning, and trying to blow the nose. When ear pops the tunnel opens and allows the pressure to release from the ear.
Reasons why nasal obstruction causes clogged ears:
- Mucosal Swelling: When the nose is obstructed, the nasal lining might swell thus making it difficult to breath. This might also lead to swelling in the tunnel of the ear causing it to shut down. Sometimes an ear pop does not happen in this condition and this is called as Eustachian tube dysfunction.
- Negative Pressure inside the Nose: In nose obstruction when the patient tries to breathe through the nose there is negative pressure. This might build up near the opening of the Eustachian tube or the back of the nose. This pressure gets transmitted to the ear and results in a negative pressure in the ear which leads to the clogging of the ear.
- Bernoulli's Principle: This principle states that in case of an inviscid flow, increase in speed of the fluid happens side by side with a pressure decrease.
Causes of Nasal Obstruction:
Obstruction or congestion of the nose leads to a stuffy and inflamed nose. In minor illnesses like fever, cold, sinus infection and flu stuffy nose can happen. This congestion might last for a week. In case the congestion is long term then the causes for it are:
- Allergies and hay fever
- Chemical and environmental irritants
- Septum deviation
- Chronic sinusitis that has lasted for too long
- Nasal polyps and benign tumors
Symptoms of nasal decongestion are runny or stuffy nose, painful sinus, and swollen nasal tissues along with mucus buildup.
Treatment for Nasal Decongestion:
Once the nasal congestion has been found and the cause behind it has been analyzed, then treatment is must. Treatment usually includes prescription medication or over the counter drugs. Medication of the nasal decongestion involves the following:
- Oral Antihistamines: These are helpful in treating allergies. Common ones are loratadine (Claritin) and cetirizine (Zyrtec)
- Nasal Sprays: Nasal sprays which contain antihistamine like azelastine (Astelin, Astepro)
- Nasal Steroids: Examples of this are mometasone (Asmanex Twisthaler) or fluticasone (Flovent Diskus, Flovent HFA)
- Over the counter or prescription decongestants