Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. JayanthiYour feedback matters!
I'm 34 years old female suffering from severe hail fall for past 1 year and backache problem for last2-3 weeks. please advise.
I am 21 years old I have neck pain from 2 days I thanked it will be ok but it still now. What I should do.
I feel exhausted and pain in my bones and body at the end of the day. Having negative thinking.what can i do .
My mom have Diabetes from last 7 years. And some time she is suffering so much from different illness like. Flue, hand paining, legs paining, bottom of the legs are burning. So what is the best solution of it?
I have pain in middle finger and fore finger of left hand only. While I wash hand or try to lift some things. Feel stress in fingers.
The ulnar part of my wrist has been experiencing some pain for the past few months. I am usually very active and workout everyday. But this is hindering my exercise routine. Have rested it enough but there is no relief. Have been doing wrist rehabilitation exercises regularly- while that has reduced the pain but its not completely gone. Please suggest what can I do.
I am 69 y old and suffering from OA,knee and both shoulder. I was an ex Army and was in sports for more than 20 years.I am 6ft and 82 kg .Still active.Please provide me the solution?
I am 18 years old I have knee problems and I've shown it to the doctor he has recommended knee operation but I don't want to undergo a surgery. It's that the knee balls shifts from its place sometimes. So what can I do to solve this problem.
I am having a pain in my heels for last one year. The pain originated while I was jogging, thought that it will go away but it didn't. What could be the possible cause.?
How to prevent a hunchback
Remember the 30-30 rule - prevent a hunchback. It is a golden winning rule and it can help prevent hunchback.
- For every 30 minutes of doing a certain activity do 30 seconds of movement in opposite direction.
- Every 30 minutes that you sit in the chair get up and do a stretch with a backward bend for 30 seconds.
- If your neck is bothering you just take a moment to draw your chin in as if getting a double chin, roll your shoulders back and down and stretch for 30 seconds.
- If you realize you haven't taken a deep breath in 30 minutes then take a moment to focus on your breathing, take slow deep breaths for 30 seconds.
- Set a timer for every 30 minutes you spend sitting, stretch for 30 seconds and feel better and look better.
Knee replacement is a procedure where the weight-carrying surfaces of knee joint are replaced surgically to ease the pain or any disability. People suffering from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis undergo knee replacement. All these conditions revolve around stiffness and painful knee. This surgery is usually performed on people aged over 50.
Knee replacement is mainly of two main types:
- Total knee replacement where both the sides of knee joints are replaced
- Partial knee replacement where only single side of the joint is replaced
Procedure: In case of partial knee replacement with minimal invasion, a smaller incision, which is 3 to 5 inches, is required. This leads to minimal tissue damage and the surgeon can work between the fibres of the quadriceps muscles. Here, an incision through the tendon is not required. This may result in less pain, recovery time is reduced, and motion is better as scar tissue formation is less.
In total knee replacement, four steps are performed:
- Removal of damaged cartilage surfaces, which is at the ends of the femur and tibia, with a small quantity of underlying bone.
- Replacement with metal components, which help as a recreated surface of the joint
- Incision of knee cap with a resurface made of a plastic button, which is optional based on the case
- Insertion of a medical grade plastic spacer amid the metal components. This creates an effortless gliding surface.
After general or spinal anaesthesia, an incision of 8-12 inches is made in the front part of the knee. Joint part which is damaged is removed from the surface of the bones. The surfaces are then formed in a way to hold a metal or plastic artificial joint. The thigh bone shin as well as knee cap is attached to the artificial joint with either cement or a special material.
After Effects of the Procedure: After the surgery, patients may stay in a hospital for three to five days. Post surgery, notable improvement can be seen after a month or later. The patient is gradually relieved from pain with the construction of new gliding surface during surgery.
There will be slow progress in the movement. In the beginning, one may walk with a support of parallel bars and then with the help of crutches, walker, or cane. After full recovery in about six weeks, people can enjoy normal activities except running or jumping.
Presently, over 90% of total knee replacements function well even after 15 years of surgery. Hence, knee problem is no problem at all!