Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Jayanta Kumar DasYour feedback matters!
I am feeling pain on the muscles on the right side of my chest. What could be the possible cause for it?
I was having pain in my left side near heart. I consulted a doctor and got ecg and xray done but everything was normal and the doctor said I am having gas problem. But suddenly I became unconscious in the class room and the pain from chest vanished but now I do not no what is happening in my head. I am not feeling stable at all I feel like something will happen to me all the time. Its becoming impossible to sit in the class for me but its mandatory so I have to go. Please suggest some remedy. I am in severe stress due to this
I am age 69 years. Having diabetes, b.P.I was very healthy before 7 years after surgery of spine became slow in motion before two years i was working on one project it was seating in front of computer and totally absent of walking or any other movement so more become sluggish now i wish to gain again even 60% energy in my legs and walking kindly advise.
Cashews are told to contain high cholesterol and hence consumption is not good for heart. Please clarify.
I have high cough problem. what I have to do? My mom has cholesterol and blood pressure problem. Give some tips on that also.
I ate more than I eat daily (junk food) and after I had spring rolls my chest had a little pain what should I do.
My wife is 42 years old. She has a mechanical MVR surgery done in 2006. 13 days ago she had a Left MCA Brain stroke. ICA, MCA block. Now she is completely fine. She is taking warf still her previous surgery. What PT INR range should we kept? We confused. Thanks.
I am suffering from dry cough for two weeks. I have chest pain. Can yoy suggest what should be done.
Cholesterol is a vital component, which helps the body to make healthy cells. This wax like component is found in the lipid of the blood. An increased cholesterol count elevates the risk of heart diseases in a person. It thickens the vessels of the arteries resulting in less oxygen flow in the heart. This, in turn, increases the chances of a stroke. High cholesterol can happen from lifestyle habits and inheritance. It is completely treatable and preventable.
What causes high cholesterol?
The blood carries the cholesterol which is attached to the proteins. The combination of cholesterol and protein is known as the lipoprotein. Primarily there are two different kinds of cholesterol that the lipoprotein carries:
- Low-density lipoprotein: LDL is the bad guy that carries all kinds of cholesterol present in the body. It eventually rests on the walls of the arteries, making it narrow and hard.
- High-density lipoprotein: This is the good guy which scans the excess cholesterol and take them back to the liver.
Ideally, the body should have low LDL and high HDL. But often the reverse happens, resulting in high cholesterol and cardiac diseases. Factors such as unhealthy diet, inactivity for most of the day and obesity is responsible for the same. Even the genetic set up can play a hand in a high count of LDL in the body. There is nothing that can be done in this case except to seek medical help.
6 factors that put you at risk:
- Poor diet: Cholesterol levels are dramatically increased when baked products and saturated fats are consumed in an excess amount. Other high cholesterol food products include dairy products, processed fats and red meat. Refraining from this food items will drastically reduce the chances of getting high cholesterol in the body.
- Obesity: Obesity results from too much of fat storage in the body. It not only fatigues a person faster, but puts a person at high risk of getting cholesterol. The body mass index should be always lesser than 30 to abstain the risk of cholesterol.
- Waist circumference: A waist circumference of more than 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women can increase the risk of cholesterol.
- Diabetes: This is one of the major causes of high cholesterol. It not only damages the artery lining, but results in higher LDL and lower HDL.
- Less workout: Leading a life which is devoid of exercise and jogging can increase the chances of getting high cholesterol. Exercise boost HDL count in the body and mitigates the risk of low HDL.
- Smoking: The blood vessel walls get damaged with smoking. The blood vessels start accumulating fatty acids thereby increasing the chances of getting high cholesterol.