Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Jayamma L.t.Your feedback matters!
I am 23 years old, my period have got delayed .Due to that I am experiencing mood swings and irritation and itching in my lower waist portion .What should I do and or these could be the symptoms of pregnancy?
Not feeling well, stomach ache, Nausea,throat pain, headache, body pain since yesterday. I had sex day before yesterday but not so properly as in did not let the guy insert in but he rubbed it over my lower body so I am a bit tensed about it.
Hi. From last 5 years I am trying to pregnant but it not happened. When I went for check up they told me that your uterus is small as compare. So what should I do. Please suggest.
Hello sir/mam My gfs age is 21 nd she is suffering from irregular white discharge/white solids from her vagina tried many creams bt did not worked. Wht might have happened doctor? Is it normal or not. And how to stop that? please help me.
Dear Sir/Madam, Kindly suggest for family planning. I am married since Jan month. My wife want pregnancy after 1-2 year. Please confirm how can i manage it? Can we use any medicine or other option for this? Please advise.
I am 25 Years female, My gynecologist prescribe me novelon Tablet For Regulate my periods. Now I want to be Pregnant. So when and how I will stop this tablet?
Hi, Is "tukhme gajar" or "gajar ke beej" helpful in hormonal imbalance. Is it safe to consume daily?
Iam 37 years old unmarried. Last month had taken birth control pill for first time in life. Took 4 tabs n quit taking. Due to nausea etc. Had uncontrollable bleeding for extra 5 days. Stopped. But my problem is I did not have period this mon. What may be the reason. And what must I do now. please help.
My periods are irregular. After sonography done it's showing I have PCOD problem. M planning for a baby. Is coz of PCOD there is a problem for me to conceive?
I stopped using dronis 30 since one month 10 days I didn't get my periods yet. I had protected sex intercourse 4 months ago and after having sex I got regular periods for 3 months, is there any chance gor pregnancy?
A lots of pain coming during my monthly periods. I can't bare it. I consulted many people but no use. What should I do to reduce the pain in abdomen?
Hi i get 2 time pregant last year but i lost my babys .Ist preganancy in 3rd i get missed abortion .After 3 month back again gt pregancy in this time 9th month i loss my baby i dont whats the problem in me can you guide me?
I have pcod and irregular cycles, plan for pregnancy taking treatment. Still I'm not conceive n my follicle is. Not growing .3 month back my lh level is 13.76 now its 8.00 what can I do doctor please help me.
Hey I had ectopic 2 times my first ectopic was in sep-2015 (left tubal) my tube is safe now 2nd was right ovarian in may-2016 (ovary is also safe now) they said that I am having infection in my tube please help me And now I really want to get pregnant give me some other remedies for ectopic that it should not happen again thank u.
Sir, mujhe masik dharm irregular hota h thoda thoda bleeding hota rhta h aur kafi lambe time tak hota h koi date v nahi fir h .mjhe kya problem ho skti hai? aur kya ye theek ho skta h .sir please mjhe kuch btaiye.
My friend had pass out even urine sample for pregnancy test in lab n its result is negative so she is pregnant or she is not pregnant please answer us in detail mam / sir.
For women, hair are not just fibres, but an expression of beauty, style, and personality. Losing your hair can really freak you out. Whether it's short-term or long-term, women lose hair the same way men do. It might thin all over, or your centre part could get wider and wider.
How Does Hair Grow?
Your scalp has about 1,00,000 hair. Each one has its own life cycle. A follicle produces a single hair that grows at a rate of half an inch per month. It stays for 2 to 6 years, then stops for about a month. When the next cycle starts up, that hair falls out. At any given time, most of your hair are in the growth phase.
How Much Hair Loss Is Normal?
Most people shed about 50-100 hair every day. But if it starts to fall out in clumps or if you notice it getting thinner over time, see a Dermato-Trichologist.
Major Hair Loss Triggers in women:
- Thyroid Problems: If the thyroid makes too much or too little thyroid hormone, you may develop progressive thinning of hair all over the scalp.
- PCOS: In polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), your body makes more male hormones, or androgen, than it should. This can cause the extra hair on your face and body while the hair on your head thins out.
- Childbirth: Hair seems fuller during pregnancy because high hormone levels keep resting hairs from falling out. But after the baby comes, things go back to normal and those strands will fall out quickly. You could lose a lot of hair at once.
- The Pill: The hormones that suppress ovulation can also thin out your hair. You can also lose hair when you stop taking the pill.
- Medicines: Drugs like blood thinners, methotrexate, cholesterol lowering medications, chemotherapeutic agents, anti-depressants etc. can cause hair loss and thinning.
- Crash Diets: You may lose more than weight with a fad diet. And if you lose weight more rapidly, you might also lose hair in a couple of months.
- Deficiency: A longstanding deficiency of Iron, Folic acid, and other nutrients can also trigger off hair loss and cause hair thinning.
- Tight Hairstyles: Wearing tight ponytails can irritate your scalp and cause hair to fall out. Long-term use of these styles can scar your scalp and lead to permanent hair loss.
- Cancer Treatment: Chemo and radiation therapy, can take a toll on your hair. In their quest to kill cancer cells, both can harm hair follicles and trigger dramatic hair loss.
- Extreme Stress e.g. a serious illness, major surgery, trauma involving blood loss, severe emotional disturbance etc., can cause you to suddenly shed huge amounts of hair.
Hope this gives you a fair idea about the possible reasons for losing your lovely hair. The good news is, there's often a way to fix it. You can consult me for if you are losing hair and need a solution for the same.