Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayalakshmi K
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jayalakshmi KYour feedback matters!
After I had a sex on 20/06/2016 night I got my period after 4 days then on next month I got my periods on 26/07/2016 & then on next month on 25/08/2016 but two periods are normal & 3rd period is very less as it last for 2 days & my tummy is outside & I am feeling lil bit lazy so am I pregnant or not?
My wife is a pregnant of 9 months. What she should follow things, how the diet should be, how the exercise should be. Kindly guide us with appropriate feedback to have a healthy normal delivery.? Thanks in advance.
Inherently linked to daily fitness and dietary control, lifestyle diseases like Type 2 Diabetes, obesity, hypertension and high cholesterol should be actively avoided from an early age. Gone are the days when these were considered areas of interest for an older generation.
Ask yourself what causes you stress easily. It could be a work deadline, a heated argument, partner troubles, the list is endless. Though these may look like simple daily worries, experts suggest that it is these daily life events that trigger flight or fight reactions in the body, which in turn lead to debilitating mental conditions such as depression. A depressed person feels like a failure and sees little hope for an If you think that diabetes is an old man’s disease and you are safe from it, then we beg you to think again. Overweight, over-stressed and poor lifestyle observers are easy targets for this lifestyle disease, even at the young age of 20. While diabetes can be genetic, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (DM) can be prevented by following a proper lifestyle.
If you’ve been wondering about commonly used cholesterol terms like HDL and LDL, or good cholesterol and bad cholesterol, then you’ve come to the right place. For instance, did you know that cholesterol deposits in your lower body’s arteries could give you foot ulcers?
That frequent headache you ignore could just be a migraine - headache that can affect anyone, anytime and anywhere. It is a painful condition that can interfere with your day-to-day activities. Though causes for migraine headaches are unknown, the symptoms can be made less severe and can even be prevented.
Although India has been successful in managing communicable diseases like polio and cholera, the number of cases related to lifestyle diseases has increased drastically in recent times. The main factors responsible for this significant increase are unhealthy eating habits, sedentary lifestyle, poor sleeping habits, smoking and susceptibility to stress. It is for this reason that our young population (adults and teenagers) is more prone to lifestyle diseases. The only way to prevent the progression of these diseases is through making some simple changes in your daily routine (lifestyle changes).
Here are top 5 lifestyle diseases you should be aware of:
Type 2 diabetes:
Known as the diabetes capital of the world, India has 61.3 million people suffering from this dreadful lifestyle disease. Type 2 diabetes is caused due to high blood sugar levels in the body resulting from an inability to utilise insulin (hormone produced by the pancreas). One can easily prevent diabetes by effectively controlling its various risk factors such as smoking, obesity and inactive lifestyle.
The most common cause of heart disease is increased levels of cholesterol (LDL – low density lipoprotein) and triglycerides in the body. Consumption of processed foods and junk foods, smoking and drinking coupled with a lack of exercise is the main reason why an increasing number of people, including younger adults are suffering from heart diseases.
More than 100 million individuals living in India suffer from hypertension or high blood pressure. The increased blood pressure levels (more than 120/80 mm Hg) in the body are caused mainly due to increased intake of salt, high stress levels and obesity. People suffering from hypertension are at increased risk of other health complications like diabetes and heart disease.
Obesity is a detrimental disease condition which makes you more susceptible to other lifestyle diseases like diabetes and heart disease. Indians, especially the younger generation are at a higher risk of developing this metabolic syndrome due to unhealthy eating, smoking, alcohol consumption, inactivity, stress and lack of sleep. There is nothing like an ideal weight for people unless one can maintain a healthy weight and lead an active lifestyle to prevent obesity and other health issues.
Although genetic factors are a large determinant in your risk for cancer, smoking and unhealthy eating habits are known to be the biggest culprits, increasing your risk of suffering from this deadly disease. One can lower their chances of developing cancer by following some preventive measures like eating healthy foods (rich in omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants), maintaining a healthy weight, quit smoking and drink only in moderation.
Lifestyle diseases are preventable for children if parents set them on the correct path, as our early life decisions and influences can impact us later on in life. Lifestyle diseases can be prevented through reduction in smoking of tobacco. Overweight and obesity can be prevented through a well balanced lifestyle through healthy eating and exercise. Prevention can come about by a person undertaking 30 minutes of moderate exercise daily or by doing 150 minutes of moderate intensity exercise a week. Examples of moderate exercise includes a brisk walk, swim, bike ride or it can also be everyday life activities like mowing the lawn or house cleaning. All causes of lifestyle disease can be prevented through giving up smoking and other drugs, reducing ones intake of alcohol, processed meats (like bacon and sausages), red meats (like pork, beef and lamb), fatty foods and by engaging in daily exercise.
My friend is 27 years old girl and having problem problem of cyst in Ovary also 1st stage of fatty liver. And she is feeling very pain in stomach and vomit issues. And now a days there are some red patches on upper abdomen. Please tell.
I am a 24 years old unmarried girl. I am facing an issue with my periodic cycle. From the past many months it has been on time but this time its delayed by 10 days now. My normal periodic cycle is of one month. My last two period dates were 25th jan and 25th feb but this month in march my date has not yet come. It was due on 25th march but today its 5th april (10 days up) and my date has still not come. What could be the possible reasons for the delay? How can I bring my cycle into routine? What should be the required diet I should take?
I had a sex with my gf when she was on her 4th day of her periods. I didn't ejaculate the sperms inside. However my gf is feared of her chances getting pregnant and more importantly she took ipill with 3 hours of sex and she 23 years old. Pls let me know wat are chances of her getting pregnant. She is really scared.
Is there any way to prevent pregnancy after 1 month of unprotected sex. Because 2 days back we had unprotected sex but her periods are already skrewed up because of the ipill. So should we take ipill again or just wait for the next period to come. Because already her periods are late by 15 days.
I am 31 years ols trying to conceive more than a year. I had taken HCG Injections twice but no ovulation. I have ovulation problem Pls Help.
Gout is a type of arthritis, which can affect your joints, though usually, it causes maximum harm to your big toe. Symptoms that you are having a bout of gout include having a stiffness and swelling of the joint in question. The pain is very sudden and also causes a burning sensation. Gout is basically a recurrent type of inflammatory arthritis. However, the pain associated with gout can be remedied by Ayurveda.
Here are some of the best Ayurvedic remedies which can be used:
- Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu: Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu is the most common and most widely recommended treatment for gout. However, it needs to be taken on an empty stomach. It is also worth note that it works best when teaspoons of it are taken two times a day with warm milk.
- Kaishore Guggulu: Kaishore guggulu is a type of medicine, which should be accompanying Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. It Is usually administered after some initial relief is felt from Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. Its best to consume this medicine in tablet form thrice a day.
- Shallaki: This Ayurvedic remedy is great for decreasing the pain in the joints affected. It also decreases the swelling in those joints, which have been affected by the bout of gout. Shallaki is also crucial in making sure that cartilage forms and that the blood supply to the joint which is affected by gout is still stable.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains and also inflammation of muscles. This herb can also work wonders on your blood circulation.
- Pinda Taila: This is a type of oil which needs to be applied externally. Pinda Taila is a very rare class of medicines which treats gout externally. Pinda Taila or Guduchyadi Taila is administered by rubbing it on the body part affected.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.
Fasting not only aids religious beliefs, but also has many spiritual benefits. It is considered the best way to re-energize one's mind, body and soul. It is one of the best ways to detoxify one's digestive system and immune system. One's stomach and pancreas are always in a state of action and hence a few days' rest can actually retune both the systems. Fasting also provides one with the opportunity to reconnect with one's spiritual body. It is a journey of self-discovery. Activities like praying and meditating helps people to connect more with their spiritual self.
How can you detox your body?
Although fasting is one of the best ways to detox one's body, not everyone has the physical strength to perform it. Detoxing can also be performed by having detoxifying foods.
- Fruits help in washing out toxins from the body. Green foods like barley, wheatgrass, spinach, alfalfa helps to give a chlorophyll boost to the digestive system. Broccoli sprouts are very high in antioxidants and its ability to stimulate detoxifying enzymes in the digestive system is unparalleled. They are more effective than any fully grown vegetable.
- Green tea is full of antioxidants and washes away impurities and toxic substances. It also contains catechins, which increase the function of liver. Vegetables like onions, cabbage, carrots, cauliflowers, turmeric and garlic are best eaten juiced or raw which will help in purging away toxins from the liver thus aiding the cleansing process.
- Omega-3 oils like hemp, olive oil, avocado oil help in detoxing. They lubricate the intestinal walls and thus allow the toxins to be absorbed by the oil and wash them away.
- Fasting is often aided by meditation, which helps to establish a deeper connection with oneself through faith. While meditating, make sure that you are neat and clean. Clean the environment in which you are fasting. Try to spend a minimum to 10-15 minutes remembering the name of the Supreme and chant his name or mantra. Light a candle to burn your ego and feed animals, birds around you. One should speak in limited amounts during meditation. After you break your fast, you will experience a sense of gratitude towards the food you eat.
My wife had a severe lower back pain during her menstrual cycle. Is it normal or we should consult with doctor.
My husband is too much demanding on sex. He does sex thrice a day .can you suggest me a medicine to make him. impotent or reduce his sex power. I had cervical cancer and my vagina is dry now with radiation. Still he does it and its very painful. I told him. To go to doctor he warned me to divorce .i have young girls to. Marry.Please help.
She is breast feeding now and 6 months have passed she is 32c size of breast What happens if she stops breast feeding her child and stores tht milk in her breast only.
Today I check my pregnancy by prega news but its negative. But my womb feel tight n I can not breathe properly its lyk I hav something in my womb. My legs are heavy bu I do not hav positive result. It is a wrong thing. Or something please tell me.
Hi Dr. I am pregnant on 22 .my thyroid is 9.10.progesterone is 19.5 .dr gave me thyroid thyronorm 100 mg phele 50 mg thi. N gestofit 300. N one injection weekly. There is chances of miscarriage become 4 month back I already have miscarriage through projestone is 3 only daat time. I feel hips n back thies cramps .lil heaviness is this normal aur sign of mmiscarege .my feet also burn .ya duphaston n gestofit ki vajah se ye sab feel ho raha hai please help me.
Sir, my wife is a pregnant I forced take in mouth I discharged cum in her mouth suddenly she swallow is any effect too her pregnancy or to a baby please reply.
I had sex with cloths on on 4th march. While having sex with cloths on I (boy) cummed in my underwear and the my jeans got damp which also touch her underwear above her vagina. After that she is having all 7 periods till now. Serial order is 6th march, 12 april 12 may 14 June 19 July 18 august and 19 September. She once vomited in may. And became ill during march to april. Can she still become pregnant from the sex with cloths on done in march 4? Can breakthrough bleeding happens every month like periods?
Hello sir/mam my mother has blood circulation problem. 16 years before she affected by this and went to unconsufdcious stage after that she does not affect but we have a one family doctor he told her to take tablets for life long.(zeptol 400 mg and lacosam 100 and trapex. She is taking this tablet (zeptol 400 mg) for past 16 year. And now she is affected by sugar and cholesterol and till now she is taking this tablets. If she take this for life long. Is it right ? Or wrong.in future any side affects will occur or not. Pls help to take solution for this.
For any advocate of a healthy diet plan, fruits shall always feature as the protagonist. Replete with essential body nutrients, fruits are indeed an important source of body fibers, essential salts and minerals. While the general assumption bids fresh fruits as the healthier alternative, dried fruits too have their fair share of health boosting properties.
However, before you can settle for one over the other, there are certain parameters that need to be inferred closely. It is only by comparing and contrasting the benefits derived from both fresh as well as dried fruits on basis of these heads that we can arrive at a given conclusion.
1. Nutrient density: Since fruits are by and large dense with health boosting components like nutrients, their calorie content on a relative scale is less. One advantage that fresh fruits have in this context is the water proportion in them. Due to the extraction of water from the dried fruits, calories get concentrated alongside the nutrients. This may prove disadvantageous for those trying to cut down the kilos. Fresh fruits on the other hand could benefit them as a sustainable source of energy.
2. Sugar content: When it comes to the density of glucose, fresh fruits and dried fruits, both are at par, essentially. At a given serving size, the sugar content of both varieties do not reflect much of a difference. Although the water content induces a sense of fullness and reduces the subsequent hunger pangs, consumption of fresh fruits also imparts volume.
3. Vitamins: Fresh fruits are extremely beneficial to deal with the problems of dehydration. They are laden with vital vitamins like A, B and C. Therefore, to beat the heat, nothing is as therapeutic as fresh fruits. Contrarily, dried fruits are deprived of their water content, which sometimes compromises their vitamin content since these vitamins are generally heat-sensitive. It also sucks out all of the folate in dried fruits. However, intake of apposite amounts can help in replenishing the vitamin levels that are obtained from the dried fruits.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.