Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayadev
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JayadevYour feedback matters!
I have pimples. And now almost They are clear. Can I use Powder like Ponds or nevia. ? Does its application increases Acne?
Hi I am suffering from rashes and itching in my inner thighs which is near my penis. Lot of itching now a days.
Skin is known as the largest organ in the human body. It covers us from top to toe. A healthy skin can slow down the aging process and prevent skin problems.
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder, chiefly caused by insulin fluctuation in the body. A study shows that, 1 out of 3 people suffering from diabetes are likely to develop a skin condition sooner or later.
Here are skin conditions that affect diabetics:
- Fungal infections: People who have diabetes have an increased risk of contracting the fungal infection, especially the one known as Candida Albicans. The fungus tends to create a red, itchy rash, which is surrounded by blisters and scales. These are usually found in warm places of the body like the armpits, or between the fingers of the hand or perhaps even the toes. Common fungal infections in diabetic people include athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm.
- Skin problems related to neuropathy: Diabetes can be the cause of nerve damage in some cases; and neuropathy is a common symptom of diabetes. This type of damage can cause a loss of sensation in a part of the body. On event of an injury, one may not be able to feel it. As a result, an open sore or wound, if left unattended, can develop into an infection.
- Bacterial infection: Although anyone can get a bacterial infection, people suffering from diabetes are likelier to contract them. Usual bacterial skin problems that tend to trouble diabetics are boils, lumps near the eyelids, nail infections and carbuncles. Diabetics are also prone to infections deep in the skin and of the underlying tissues. The affected area is usually warm, red and swollen.
- Tingling and itching: Among the many causes of itching, diabetes is one. Yeast infection, dry skin and poor circulation are the primary causes of itching among patients of diabetes. Usually, the lower part of the leg tends to itch the most, if poor circulation is to be blamed.
- Acanthosis nigricans: Acanthosis nigricans is the condition where diabetics get darkening of skin leading to skin tags around neck and armpits.