Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jayabal SundermYour feedback matters!
My period is 2 days late and white watery is coming out sometimes more sometimes less, is it sign of pregnancy?
Hi my wife is pregnant about 6 to 7 weeks and it is observed that few drops of brown and white discharge is observed. Is it normal doctor has suggested for a scan next week. Is it normal.
Natural cures for irregular periods or delayed menstruation at home.
Irregular periods or delayed menstruation/ periods is a common problem faced by women. Irregular periods are also known as oligomenorrhea. The average menstrual cycle is for about 28 days. Though this no can increase or go down for some woman. Due to hormonal imbalance or certain other factor a women can face irregularity in periods or menstruation. This can be due to stress, certain medicines, strenuous exercising, poor diet, anemia, tuberculosis, irritable bowel syndrome, diabetes etc. For the normal menses and regularity of the periods, there are various home remedies that can cure the irregular periods at home.
Natural cures for irregular periods at home.
1. Bitter gourd for irregular periods
Bitter gourd or karela in hindi, is a good cure for the irregular periods condition. Daily consumption of a 2 teaspoonful of karela juice will promote the regularity in the periods and menstruation.
2. Ginger remedy for for irregular periods
Ginger is a multipurpose product which has so many health related benefits. Ginger juice is highly recommended as a good home remedy to treat the irregular periods. Take ginger juice, one teaspoonful three times in a day for at least a month and soon it will help for the regulation of the menstruation.
Another alternative to this can be taking a small piece of ginger and boil that in half cup of water. Drinking that water two times in a day after the breakfast and dinner will also show good results in curing irregular periods.
3. Cinnamon cure for irregular periods
In the health benefits of cinnamon, we mentioned that cinnamon is good for curing the irregular periods and the menstrual cramps that the women common face. Cinnamon has a warming effect which helps to reduce the menstruation cramps. It also helps with the irregular periods.
4. Carrot juice for delayed menstruation
Carrots are good for health. Carrot juice is high on beta carotenes which helps the formation of vitamin a. Carrot juice is rich in iron hence this is great cure for anaemia. Drinking carrot juice everyday helps boost natural immunity, overcoming anaemia, irregular periods and delayed menstruation.
5. Unripe papaya
You might have heard that unripe papaya should not be used during the pregnancy. This can lead to miscarriage. Papaya has a warm effect on the body. Moreover, it induces muscle contraction in the uterus. But this unripe papaya remedy is helpful in regulating the menses when one is facing irregularity in periods. Eating unripe papaya daily in some quantity will help treat the irregular periods naturally at home.
6. Turmeric for for irregular periods cure
Turmeric is antispasmodic which is why it is beneficial in cramps during menstruation. Similarly turmeric is also beneficial in the delayed periods especially for teenager girls. Turmeric can be taken along with milk is the regarded as the best indian treatment for irregular periods. Take a glad of warm milk and add half teaspoonful of turmeric powder in it. Drink this every day.
7. Sesame seeds and honey
Another effective natural cure for irregular periods is with sesame seeds. Sesame seeds help in the hormonal imbalance and lower the stress as well with nutrient richness. Take a teaspoonful of sesame seeds with one teaspoonful of honey daily. This treatment will treat oligomenorrhea within a month and will make the periods regular. [ clean and dry daily intimate powder ]
8. Fennel seeds for delayed menstruation
Most of us take fennel seeds as a mouth freshener after the meals but their function can be much more than that. They aid in the better digestion and absorption of food. Fennel seeds also prevent the irregular periods problem. They make the menstruation regular and reduce the cramps. Take one teaspoonful of fennel seeds every day. This will induce the regular menstruation.
Other cures and tips for irregular periods and delayed menstruation
Along with the remedies shared above there are certain things that you should keep in mind. These tips will help make body healthy and the periods become regular.
Fruits and vegetable:
Fruits and vegetable should be taken in decent portions. Fruit and vegetables are rich in vital vitamins minerals etc which helps in blood formation, prevents anaemia, helps to cure hormonal imbalance. Certain fruit enzymes also relive stress as well.
Intensive exercise can be a cause for the irregular periods or delayed menstruation. But a sedentary lifestyle is also a cause for the same. Try to exercise or do brisk walking for at least 15-20 minutes daily.
Please note that these remedies for irregular periods are to be used when you are not menstruating or are not pregnant. For any serious issues please consult a doctor.
Breast lift surgery or Mastopexy is a form of plastic surgery used for lifting or raising sagging breasts in women. The size, contour and elevation of the breasts are modified or corrected using this procedure.
The position and shape of the breasts in women change after pregnancy, breastfeeding, suffering weight loss or with age. A breast lift surgery is effective in treating sagging breasts.
During a breast lift surgery, extra skin is removed from the breasts, and the surrounding tissues are tightened for reshaping of the breasts. The nipples and areola are also reshaped to a better location. A breast lift surgery may involve the procedures of liposuction and abdominoplasty for an even better rejuvenation.
Breast lift surgery is undertaken by many women for different reasons. Some women do not like their breast shape or volume after pregnancy and have this surgery done.
A breast lift surgery offers various benefits. They are:
- A breast lift surgery improves the body image of a woman and also boosts her self-esteem. Women feel their breasts have been affected negatively after pregnancy and undergoing this surgery enables them to have satisfactory breasts again. A breast lift surgery does not cause the breasts to increase in size. They appear bigger because they are higher in position and firmer than before.
- Having a breast lift surgery can push you to make better and healthier choices about your lifestyle. For undergoing any form of surgery, it is recommended that you stay as healthy as possible. This includes proper diet and eating habits along with regular exercise.
- A breast lift surgery improves the quality of life in women. Body image is improved, and the woman feels good about her breasts and body as a whole. According to studies, 92% of women having a breast lift surgery had improved self-esteem and a better, healthier life than before. Women become less conscious about their breasts after the surgery, as the breasts become satisfactory.
- As a result of this surgery, some clothes may fit better, and a woman can experiment with trendier outfits, and may also not wear a bra at times.
- A breast lift surgery gives women a better proportion between their breasts and buttocks. The contrast is better and makes a woman more attractive. More cleavage is created, and the breasts get more projected.
- A breast lift surgery is an efficient procedure to improve the breasts of women. Sagging breasts are corrected by a surgery which gives certain benefits to women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
Dear doctor. I have been married since 6 years. I have mostly done sex on safe days and used contraceptive 3 times in these years when the days were not safe. Now I am planning a baby in 3-4 months. Can you please tell me that do contraceptives decrease the chances of getting pregnant? M worried that it will not harm in the coming future?
Did you know that pregnancy can alter your libido, since it is influenced by biological, psychological and social factors? It is no surprise that the numerous hormonal changes and the emotional roller-coaster that a woman experiences during pregnancy, can change her desire for sex. Of course, no two woman's sexual drive is the same and hence the matter is very individual and unique for every woman.
But some common bodily trends are observed during the various trimesters of pregnancy:
1. During the first trimester of pregnancy, some women are put off by sex when the symptoms of nausea, vomiting and tiredness kick in. This can be blamed on the rise in the levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone. A woman would rather just catch up on lost sleep and lie in bed by herself, getting all the rest she can.
2. The second trimester brings relief in the symptoms felt during the first trimester. Some women experience a surge in their libido, as energy levels improve and they feel relatively more relaxed.
3. The third trimester brings with it weight gain, back pain and other symptoms which can lower a woman's sexual drive again.
4. Besides the typical changes that are brought on in the different trimesters, quite a few women report a heightened desire for sex. With all those pregnancy hormones flowing, it's understandable. During pregnancy, a woman's breasts get bigger and more sensitive. The vulva also becomes engorged from extra blood flow and even more sensitive, which could lead to more enjoyable pregnancy sex.
5. Another fact is that, with no longer having to worry about contraception during this time, both partners welcome the fact that they can have sex anytime they want or without worrying about the obligations of ovulation.
So basically, a woman can easily embrace her sexual desire during this special time of pregnancy. As long as a doctor doesn't suggest otherwise, it is perfectly safe for a woman to revel in her new found desire and have sex with her partner until the baby arrives. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Im 20 year old. My periods were always irregular but normal. But since since three months my periods are regular, but I bleed for 20 days and it is not at all over bleeding, I bleed around 1 tbsp per day. I don't get any cramp nor any back pain, I'm also active during these days, it is any problem or is it normal.
Em 22 years old female. Terminated the baby 4 months before due to toxoplasmosis n rubella. Toxo then was igg 400 n em pregnant again toxo is positive as 2 (no vaccine taken) em really scared wil this positive toxo affect my fetus please help me.
What to do. During pregnancy in seventh month thyroid (TSH) is 13.09 while in second month TSH was 3.60. I am taking the dose eltroxin 75 from last three year. This is first pregnancy.
Hi sir, I am a patient of insomnia. M in a deep depression. Take pills to sleep from past 3-4 years. But now I think these medicines showing its side effects m gaining weight day by day. What do I do. And I want to know weather these pills ll affect if I conceive in future. If yes then pls. Tell me how.
Hallo doctor, my mother of two babies 5 n 4years. My husband always attracts towards other ladies who lives near us. So. I get hyper. What is the solution of my problem. AM in job he is also in job.
Question:- I was taking Doris 30 for 21days (on my third day of the period cycle, I was supposed to take the medicine for continuous 21days but I forgot to take it yesterday. So I don't know whether I have to start again or I can continue with the tablet for remaining days.
I'm suffering from very serious problem which is that I have done sex with my girl friend but only anal sex, I never touched her vaginally and I do with her oral sex but she is continually missing her periods. I do pregnancy test two time but it's show negative result but is missing her. Dates. She is very fatty with her size her weight is about 70 kg and her age is 18+ what should I do now I happens with me from last month she missed her periods from march 6, and today 5april what should I do please help me sir.
I have a missed periods for 5 days and then 6th day I have a period, Could you tell me Still I Pregnant, If Not, Please Tell me the tips for fast pregnancy.
I'm 22 and had protected sex with a partner on the 15th of October. We used a separate condom each time he penetrated me. However, between acts we removed the condom (s) and had oral sex. He ejaculated near my collar bone. I was worried about an unwanted pregnancy and hence took an emergency contraceptive 48 hours after the said act. I have irregular periods and my gynaecologist has prescribed Deviry 10 mg 5 days a month (21st day of my cycle to 25th day. First day being first day of period). I took this from 8th of October to 12th (Though, I didn't stick to a fixed time 10 pm one day, 8 pm the other and the like). It's the 21st of October and I still haven't gotten my menses. Is there a chance I could get pregnant? How should I proceed from here on.
The key to good bone health are calcium and vitamin D, both of which are stored in the bones. Along with strengthening of bones, calcium has been recently shown to play a major role in weight loss as well. Calcium is one of the essential minerals that are required for several important life processes. The deficiency of calcium can cause complications such as brittle and fragile bones that are more susceptible to fractures and diseases. Hence it is essential to consume a certain amount of food that is rich in calcium everyday for good health. Adults need about 1,000 milligrams a day—that's a little more than three 8-ounce glasses of milk—but what if you're vegan, lactose intolerant, or just don't like the taste of dairy products?
Here's a little-known fact: there are lots of non-dairy foods with calcium. Here are 10 of them:
- Broccoli (Calcium content: 47 milligrams in 100 gms) - Believe it or not, in addition to calcium this cruciferous veggie contains nearly twice the vitamin C of an orange. Research also shows that diets high in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli may be linked to a lower risk of certain types of cancer, including colon and bladder cancer.
- Kale (Calcium content: 150 milligrams in 100 gms) - This superfood has it all: it racks up just 30 calories per serving, provides a day's worth of vitamin C, and twice the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, not to mention that 101 milligrams of calcium per serving. It also provides a hefty dose of vitamin K, a nutrient that helps your blood clot. Without it, you wouldn't stop bleeding when you cut or bruise yourself.
- Figs (Calcium content: 26 milligrams in 100 gms) - Bite into a dried fig, and you'll think you're indulging in a super-sweet and sticky dessert, when in fact you're chowing down on a fiber- and potassium-packed fruit. Figs also supply you with magnesium, a nutrient the body uses in more than 300 biomechanical reactions, such as maintaining muscle function, keeping your heart rhythm steady, and strengthening your bones.
- Oranges (Calcium content: 40 milligrams in 100 gms) - You know oranges for their immune-boosting vitamin C content, but they're also low in calories and brimming with antioxidants.
- Beans (Calcium content: 442 milligrams in 100 gms) - These meaty little guys are rich in fiber, protein, and iron, and they're also one of the best nutritional sources of potassium. Additionally, they contain resistant starch, a healthy carb that boosts metabolism.
- Okra (Calcium content: 82 milligrams in 100 gms) - Okra contains constipation-fighting insoluble fiber, as well as vitamin B6 and folate. And don't write off this veggie if you've only ever had a boiled, slimy version; oven-roasting, sautéing, or grilling bring out the best flavor.
- Tofu (Calcium content: 350 milligrams in 100 gms) - You know tofu as a vegetarian source of protein. Turns out it's also a great source of calcium. Tofu is incredibly versatile—it takes on the flavor of whatever else you're cooking with it.
- Almonds (Calcium content: 264 milligrams in 100 gms) - Almonds, which are among the best nuts for your health, contain about 12% of your necessary daily protein, and are rich in vitamin E and potassium. And although they are fattening, it's the good kind of fat that helps lower your bad cholesterol levels as long as you enjoy them in moderation.
- Drumsticks (Calcium content: 185 milligrams in 100 gms) - The green vegetable features large quantities of iron, Vitamins as well as calcium. Drumsticks are recognized to offer healthy and strong bones and are also believed to purify the blood. Drumstick leaves particularly are said to be the blood purifier. For better outcomes have smashed drumstick leaves along with milk.
- Cluster Beans (Calcium content: 130 milligrams in 100 gms) - Cluster beans contain calcium, a mineral, which helps in strengthening the bones and thus, prevent bone loss. The presence of phosphorus in this vegetable aids in fortifying the bones and enhances your bone health.