Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jaya Ramdev
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jaya RamdevYour feedback matters!
I am 36 weeks pregnant. Can I go to any kind of functions where DJ was played or the music was loud? Does it cause any harm to my baby or me from the loud speaker sound? Please suggest.
I'm 24 years old boy from Bangalore and I used to have sex affair with a married girl and sometimes I used to go with prostitute most of the times I used to do with condom but few months ago when I was having sex with my x girlfriend my penis skin was torn and blood was coming it was paning and can't open my penis skin at that time there was some white liquid inside my skin every time. Is that a symptom of hiv.
Hello Dr. I am pregnant last 6 month when I am with my partner daily iwnt to do sex is it ok or dangerous to our baby lease suggest me I am worried Abt that.
Haemoglobin is a protein rich in iron and is found in red blood cells. The main function of haemoglobin is to carry oxygen throughout the body. In other words, it carries oxygen from the lungs to the other parts of the body so that the cells can carry on with their basic functions. It also carries carbon dioxide back to the lungs from those cells so that this gas can be exhaled.
Haemoglobin is important for maintaining a healthy life. The normal levels of haemoglobin in human body include:
• 14-18g/dl for adult men
• 12-16g/dl for adult women
Foods that improve haemoglobin
- Consume iron-rich food products: According to National Anaemia Action Council, lack of iron is the most common cause behind low haemoglobin levels. To improve iron content in your blood, you can take asparagus, tofu, almonds, oysters, fortified breakfast cereals, liver, red meat, shrimp, spinach, dates and lentils. However, consult your doctor for the right intake, as too much consumption of iron may be harmful for your health.
- Improve your vitamin C intake: Absorption of iron is improved if vitamin C is taken in adequate quantities. Lemon, tomatoes, papaya, oranges, strawberries, bell peppers, broccoli, grapefruit, etc. are some of the fruits that are rich in vitamin C. In fact, if there is a deficiency of vitamin C in our blood, haemoglobin levels go down. You may also take vitamin supplements to improve haemoglobin in your body, but consult a doctor first.
- Focus on food items rich in folic acid: This acid is basically vitamin B complex, which is required to make red blood cells. Food products that are rich in folic acid include rice, liver, breakfast cereals, sprouts, dried beans, wheat germ, peanuts etc. A diet comprising 200-400 milligrams of foliates is enough to supplement your Vitamin B needs.
- Include beetroot as a part of your diet: Rich in iron, folic acid, fibres and potassium, beetroot helps in augmenting haemoglobin levels. Drinking beetroot juice daily increases the iron content in your red blood cells.
- Have apples: They are rich in iron and if you have an apple daily, then your haemoglobin level will improve significantly. If possible, take a green apple with its skin. Apple juice mixed with beetroot juice has a marked effect on haemoglobin levels. You can also add some ginger or lemon juice to this mixture and have the concoction twice a day.
- Eat blackstrap molasses: This food is rich in iron, vitamin, folic acid etc. and improves the haemoglobin level in your blood. Take 2 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses and apple cider vinegar each, mix them in a cup of water and drink this concoction once a day.
Can somebody please explain me in simple words that what is likely hemorrhagic cyst right ovary and how to get rid of this.
Hello. I am 21 year's old. I hadn't get my period. I had crossed 14 days from my regular date. I used take much coconutwater to get my period and also I took medicine like fizinorm forte to be prepone my period. But I didn't get it. Is there any problem in my health.
I indulged in sexual activity on 4th Feb 2017 and in which there was no penetration, my boyfriend touched my vagina for few seconds and safety purpose I took ipill in 72 hours n I had some bleeding on 12th February 2017 for 4 days and my period date was 16 February 2017 and last period date was 16/1/2017 .I took pregnancy test on 23 February afternoon which was negative and again on 25th February afternoon which was also negative and on 3rd March also which is negative. Sometimes white thick discharge is there .when will I get my period and what does it all means? Should I need to do more pregnancy test? What should I do? Any medicine or treatment for regulating period? Suggest some home remedies for period.
Recently I have been experience pain in my clitoris jst after urinating. Pain is excruciating. What to do.
Five mintutes fitness
Today, due to the demanding professional lifestyle many working women choose to adopt dieting and various other weight loss remedies which tend to give temporary results and sometimes have an adverse effect on the mind and body.
A healthy mind and body is achieved by having right balance of proper food and regular workout. Basic alteration in the daily routine like reducing the intake of oil and fatty foods and sweets with five minutes of simple cardio exercises can bring a lot of difference and could lower the risk of health issues like breast cancer, heart problems, osteoporosis and other aliments in women.
With the increasing awareness of these and other health issues some women have managed to alter their lifestyle. But, many are still seeking a quick way to remain healthy for them; health experts have shared some quick five minute workout regimes especially for working women.
High knees: this basic and simple exercise can be done while on the move or while running in a place.
Method: step 1) stand with your feet hip-width apart.
Step 2) bring your right knee near your chest and quickly bring it back on the floor.
Step 3) now, bring your left knee near your chest and quickly bring it back on the floor.
Continue to do the alternative knees at a fast pace.
Jumping jacks: jumping jack is a full body workout. This aerobic exercise can help you get a toned body at the comfort of your home. Jumping jack improves the cardiovascular fitness of the body.
Method: step 1) stand with your feet together and hands at your sides.
Step 2) slowly, raise your arms above your head and jump to spread your feet out wide.
Step 3) reverse the movement to the start position by landing gently with your knees bent a little and repeat.
Elbow plank: planks are a cardio workout as it uses your own weight it tones the core muscles of the body by burning the calories and working your abs, arms, back muscles.
Method: step 1) get down and facing the floor resting on your forearms and knees.
Step2) slowly, push your knees and place your weight entirely on your toes and elbows. Contract the abdominal muscles and keep your back flat.
Step3) hold on to this position for atleast 30 seconds initially and increase the duration as you progress.
Lunges: lunges are excellent for people who want to shed those unwanted extra kilos and boost their metabolism level as well. This exercise also strengthens the cores of the lower body and helps in toning of the muscles.
Method: step 1) step forward with your right leg and slowly lower the body bending the front knee at 90 degrees.
Step 2) push yourself back to the start position and repeat the lunges with the leg.
It is important to make sure that your back must be straight and the back knee should never touch the floor while dong the lunges
Squats: it is an intensive and effective full body workout that can help in quick weight loss if done regularly. Squats help in toning and strengthen the thigh muscles. This cardio could integrate small jumps as that would burn more calories and reflect better results.
Method: step 1) stand tall with your back straight and your feet spread a width apart. Bend your knees and as you lower you upper body push your hips keeping your back erect.
Step 2) hold yourself in the same position for 15-20 seconds and then slowly push yourself back to the start position.
Increase the counts and speed as you repeat this exercise and time duration as you progress.
There are certain things to bear in mind before starting any intensive cardio exercises some of which are:
1) it is necessary to hydrate yourself with sufficient intake of water atleast an hour before starting any intensive workout as it would help in flushing out the toxins from the body and it also helps you to stay energized.
2) start with warm ups like; jogging in one place.
3) take short breaks after each exercise as it maintains the heart rate.
4) stretch your body as it helps in relaxing the body and makes it less prone to injury like muscle soreness.
Although, such intense cardio workout are good for weight loss and toning of the body. People dealing with overweight issues are advised to consult a doctor before starting any rigorous cardio exercises. Exercising is not just for those who want to lose weight. It must be adapted as a regular routine for an overall healthy living.
Hi, we are 1.6 years of marriage and we don't have any problem, we need baby what should we do for a natural pregnancy?
I'm 25 yrs old, recently got married, 2 months back & since then i'm having irregular periods and now delayed for 1.5 months. I've done my pregnancy test but it's negative. Is there any other reason that has stopped from having periods? kindly suggest.
Hi I am pcod patient, diagnosed 4 years back and never started exercising compose weight. I was not at all getting periods. Now recently I joined a fitness program and started bleeding, it is been 7 day and still not stopping. May I know whether getting periods after workout started and bleeding like this is normal? No other pain or discomfort. Pls help me understanding better.
Hi. Just want to ask if how long do I need to bleed. Ive done medical abortion. 5 weeks and 2 days positive. That was done oct 23. On that day until oct 28 morning. I bleed. Moderate to light bleeding only. With a apple seed like clots and thread like sizes of blood. Now I only have brown discharges. My nipples are a bit tingling. When do I need to. Make.a preg test. Im worried. Cause I only got 5 days bleeding cause as far as I know I should bleed for about 2 weeks. Please help me. Thanks.
I am 20 years and I suffer from severe abdominal pain during my menstruation. Suggest me some medicine.
Buttock augmentation is also known as Gluteal augmentation, it is a procedure meant for improving the size and shape of your buttocks. With the radical evolution of technology, buttock augmentation is a common and popular technique. An accentuated buttock with increased firmness and roundness will account for an enhanced appeal in young women. This phenomenon is commonly called the Brazilian Butt Lift. Before thinking of getting a buttock augmentation and consulting any expert, you should keep in mind four important facts about the process:
- A Brazilian Butt Lift and Butt Implants are not the same things: There are two types of techniques for lifting up and fattening your buttocks. Surgically carried out silicone buttock implant is the first type and provides a much rounder bottom shape. The second type is the Brazilian Butt Lift, which involves fat transfer, creating striking natural upliftment. Consult your surgeon to know about the best technique to be used in accordance with your body type.
- Your choice of surgeon matters: An avidly experienced and trustworthy surgeon is your key to a successful buttock augmentation which would provide satisfactory output. You choose a surgeon who is working in the field of fat grafting and buttock implants for a long time. They should have proper board certifications in plastic surgery.
- The best buttock augmentation results will appear proportionate to your body: Consult a senior surgeon who will assist you in deciding the most appropriate shape, size and the best procedure of surgery, according to your body type. No matter matter how big you want the implants to be, do realise that the surgery should complement the other parts of your body. Else, you would end up looking artificial from behind. Buttock augmentation is not only meant for enhancing the buttocks. It adds on to your overall figure as well.
- The results of buttock augmentation are very long lasting: A butt augmentation carried out successfully is supposed to last for a long span of time. In case you are unhappy with the results, your confidence, discomfort and finance will all be at stake. Silicone buttock implants continue to look good and firm for more than ten years. In case of the Brazilian Butt Lift, autologous fat tissue graft fuses with your body tissues, providing permanent results. Choosing the size that matches your overall figure is the most important decision to be taken while undertaking buttock augmentation.
I am 41 years old female, as per reports I have tube block and no chance for natural pregnancy. So what should I do?
My wife is 28 years old, she was thin and had perfect bmi last year. But for the past 6 months she is gaining weight especially in her arms and thighs. We have one child and planning for the second baby. Will this weight gain affect our second baby plan ? Pls suggest how to reduce her weight. Whether its a sign of thyroid ?
When it comes to sexually transmitted diseases or STDs, there is no doubt that prevention is better than cure. Contrary to popular belief, STDs do not spread only through intercourse. STDs can also spread by skin to skin contact. The easiest way to prevent STDs is by abstaining from sex or being in a monogamous relationship with an uninfected person. This may not be possible for many men. Hence, let's take a look at alternatives to prevent sexual diseases.
1. Get tested - Most STDs can be easily tested for and treated. Thus, it is a good idea to regularly get yourself tested if you have more than one sexual partner. Your partner should ideally also get tested for STDs. However, remember that herpes and the human papillomavirus do not show up on STD tests.
2. Avoid sex under the influence of alcohol or drugs - When inebriated, you may not make the best decisions. Decisions made at this stage are usually rash and not thought out. Thus, you may forget to ask the other person if she has been tested for STDs.
3. Vaccinations - Vaccinations can be effective against some types of STDs. The HPV vaccine can be given to boys as young as 11 years until they turn 26. Other vaccines that protect men from STDs are Hepatitis A and hepatitis B vaccinations.
4. Use condoms - Condoms are the only way to protect yourself against the transference of STDs during intercourse. A condom should be used even if the woman is using an alternate form of birth control. Never reuse a condom and do not use an oil based lubricants with a condom. Before using a condom always check to ensure the condom is not punctured in any way and that it is within the expiry period. A condom should be used for oral, vaginal and anal sex. However, this does not prevent the transmission of STDs like syphilis, herpes and HPV.
5. Communicate with your partner - It is a good idea to share your sexual history with your partner. This creates an environment where you can discuss getting tested for STDs before engaging in intercourse. You must reach an explicit agreement about what forms of intercourse both of you are comfortable with. It is also a good idea to discuss a possible monogamous relationship with your partner.
6. Circumcision - Male circumcision is said to reduce a man's risk of contracting STDs like HIV, genital herpes and genital HPV. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.