Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jaya NarendraYour feedback matters!
I was on a devri 10 mg for my period it's been a week and I still have not got my periods. I was sexually active that is I had oral sex but we did not have Intercourse and he did not ejaculate and I got very anxious so I took 9 pregnancy tests. All of them were negative. Should I still be worried for pregnancy?
Hi, my wife (32 years 61 kg 5.2 feet height) has been facing a thyroid (hyp) problem, she is under medication (thyroxin 50 mcg daily), recent test report is tsh 0.33, t3 110, t4 50. She has pcod too. She is trying for conceive give suitable suggestion as well. Thanks.
Hi there ,i had protected sex on July 18th but do due to condom failure took an ipill within an hour .i had bleeding on the 25th June lasting 3 days .i am worried as I haven't yet got my next period .I have a 24 day cycle and I am a week late .could it be possible that I am pregnant?
At the time of a surgical procedure, while making an incision a doctor has to take care of a number of factors before making an incision. Considering a number of factors, different types of incisions have come into fore, such as
- Midline Incision: It’s the commonest incision and is done along the linea alba (fibrous structure running through the mid of the abdomen). These are preferred, especially in diagnostic laparotomy as it permits a wide access to the abdomen.
- Pfannenstiel Incision: It is transverse in nature, extending from the umbilicus to the pubic-symphysis. It is generally employed for abdominal hysterectomy of benign nature and cesarean section (c-section).
- Chevron Incision: It is an incision under the rib-cage and is done on the abdomen. It starts from beneath the ribs on the right abdomen and extends till the other mid axillary line. Thus, the entire abdominal width is incised for proper reach into the liver. The incision can be up to 2 feet.
- Kustner Incision: It is transverse in nature and extends from the symphysis pubis till the iliac spine (anterior). This type of incision takes time to perform. A Pfannenstiel incision offers more exposure than a Kustner incision.
- Lanz Incision: It is a variation of the more common mcburney-incision (also known as Gridiron’s incision). It is generally used for open appendectomies. There are quite a few variations for this type of an incision.
- Gridiron’s incision: It is done for appendectomies. It is an oblique short incision which is done in the lower right quadrant in the abdomen.
- Kocher’s Incision: It is oblique in nature, extending from the abdominal upper right quadrant and is generally used for performing an open cholecystectomy. Gallbladder, biliary tract and certain liver operations can be suited for a Kocher’s incision. This however is different from the same named incision used for the thyroid gland surgery.
- Cherney Incision: It is transverse in nature. It allows a great range of exposure for the pelvic sidewall. It is less painful than a midline incision. It allows for the greatest pelvic exposure and hence is a widely preferred and practiced incision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
Mujhe periods k time pet k niche or pairo me bahut dard hota h. Or periods regularly ni aate kbhi kbhi 40 din k bad aate h.
My wife is in fertile we are trying from last many months pls tell me the best position for intercourse so that se gets pregnant.
I am 21 years old I got married in 2013 I am not getting pregnant till now as now it's my 5th year of my marriage.
Memory problems are a quite common complaint, it is a fact that memory power diminishes with age, but when it incarcerates children and youngsters, it becomes something to seriously watch over. Mother nature has provided us with a number of power-packed natural foods. Various other factors can affect your memory like sleep deprivation, nutritional deficiencies (particularly b vitamins), drinking alcohol and smoking habits and use of certain medications.
Here is one of ancient plus medicinal remedy which will help you to boost and sharpen your memory, try this and see the amazing results you get. Everyone wanted to be genius, scholar. Every parents wants their children to be a genius, so here is one simple, easy, nutritious and memory boosting remedy, to increase yours, your children's memory skills, and cognitive function. Drink this milk daily and see the results within few days.
* Almond - saffron milk - soak 10 almonds in water overnight.
In the next morning, peel the skin and grind the almonds. Take a cup of warm milk and add saffron into it. Boil this almonds paste with mixture of milk and saffron. Stir it well and drink once a day.
Almond - saffron milk is an excellent remedy to improve memory, sharpen memory and boost brainpower. They are rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids that boost memory.
* Due to their rich antioxidant content, almonds are good for your eyes, too.
For better results consult me on lybrate privately. Take care.
I am 23 years old. I have 3-4 lumps in my breast. Can this indicate any serious problem? I am taking anti epilepsy medicines as I am suffering from epilepsy. Please help.
Hi, I have to ask a personal question. I am a married man and I have sex with my wife many times without condom but my penis upper skin is not broken yet. Can you suggest me how will it break. So my penis inner part comes out of the penis outer skin. And will this affect in pregnancy. Please revert as soon as possible. Thanks.
I am 23 years old female. Didnt get pregnant since last 2yrs of married life. My husband's sperms count 72million and 70%motile. Kindly help me to get pregnant soon.
Male menopause / andropause:
“Male menopause” is also called andropause. It describes a drop in testosterone levels that many men experience when they get older.
Declining testosterone levels can cause many symptoms. For example, it can cause depression, reduced muscle mass, increased body fat, and erectile dysfunction.
To treat your problems, you have to change your
Lifestyle. You may require antidepressant medications, counseling, or hormone therapy.
Male menopause” is the more common term for andropause. It describes age-related changes in male hormone levels. The same group of symptoms is also known as testosterone deficiency, androgen deficiency, and late-onset hypogonadism.
Male menopause involves a drop in testosterone production in men who are age 50 or older. It’s often affiliated with hypogonadism. Both conditions involve lowered testosterone levels and similar symptoms.
Male menopause can cause physical, sexual, and psychological problems. They typically worsen as you get older. They can include:
- Low energy
- Depression or sadness
- Decreased motivation
- Lowered self-confidence
- Difficulty concentrating
- Insomnia or difficulty sleeping
- Increased body fat
- Reduced muscle mass and feelings of physical weakness
- Gynecomastia, or development of breasts
- Decreased bone density
- Erectile dysfunction
- Reduced libido
You may also experience swollen or tender breasts, decreased testicle size, loss of body hair, or hot flashes. Low levels of testosterone associated with male menopause have also been linked to osteoporosis. This is a condition where your bones become weak and brittle. These are rare symptoms. They typically affect men at the same age as women entering menopause.
As you age, your testosterone levels will typically begin to drop.
Diagnosis and treatment:
Get your blood serum testosterone levels tested in a laboratory.
The most common type of treatment for symptoms of male menopause is making healthier lifestyle choices.
It is advisable to:
- Eat a healthy diet
- Get regular exercise
- Get enough sleep
- Reduce your stress
These lifestyle habits can benefit all men. After adopting these habits, men who are experiencing symptoms of male menopause may see a dramatic change in their overall health.
If you’re experiencing depression, you may require antidepressants, therapy, and lifestyle changes.
Onions and garlic are your allies in the kitchen and in the bedroom. They help you make more and better sperm. Both raise levels of a hormone that triggers your body to make testosterone. And both have high levels of natural plant chemical called flavonoids.
Skin patch (transdermal): androderm is a skin patch worn on the arm or upper body. It's applied once a day.
Gels: androgel and testim come in packets of clear testosterone gel. Testosterone is absorbed directly through the skin when you apply the gel once a day. Androgel, axiron, and fortesta also come in a pump that delivers the amount of testosterone prescribed by your doctor. Natesto is a gel applied inside the nose.
Mouth patch: striant is a tablet that sticks to the upper gums above the incisor, the tooth just to the right or left of the two front teeth. Applied twice a day, it continuously releases testosterone into the blood through the oral tissues.
Injections and implants: testosterone can also be injected directly into the muscles, or implanted as pellets in the soft tissues. Your body slowly absorbs the testosterone into the bloodstream.
Oral testosterone is available. However, some experts believe oral testosterone can have negative effects on the liver. Using other methods, such as skin patches, gels, orally disintegrating tablets, or injections, bypasses the liver and gets testosterone into the blood.
Many men with low testosterone report improved energy levels, sex drive, and mood after. If testosterone is low, why not replace it? not so fast. A low testosteron level by itself doesn't need treatment. Testosteron can have side effects, and the long-term risks and benefits aren't known. Only men with symptoms of low testosterone and blood levels that confirm this as the cause of symptoms should consider testosterone replacement.
I've a regular 30 days cycle, from last 2 months we're trying to conceive, but I'm getting my period 3-4 days earlier, I'm worried.
Hi I had sex with my gf last month still she didnt get menses even we used pills. So what is the best way to get menses.
My last period was on 5 may and today milky white discharge with this my kegs and lowe back is so pain. Is it safe or not pls help me soon.
Please suggest safe abortion pills Still am feeding to my 9 months baby so I don't want right now now 42 days.
A surgical procedure, in which a woman's uterus is removed is referred to as a hysterectomy. The need for this operation can arise due to various reasons, which include:
- Development of uterine fibroids that are painful and accompanied by bleeding and other associated symptoms
- Uterine prolapse, which is characterised by a shifting of the position of the uterus, wherein it enters the vaginal canal
- Ovarian cancer, cervical cancer or endometrial cancer
- Vaginal bleeding that cannot be characterised as normal
- Development of a condition, in which the uterus thickens and is known as adenomyosis
- Chronic pain in the pelvic region
In Ayurveda, the uterus is associated with the Pitta dosha (fire element), and is considered to be a storehouse of metabolic fire. In fact, this is the reason why after a hysterectomy is performed, a woman generally loses the zest for life along with her creativity and feels demotivated, depressed, sentimental or lethargic. But Ayurveda can help in regaining your vitality post hysterectomy. Here's how:
The role of Ayurveda in hysterectomy:
In Ayurveda, the greatest healer of hysterectomy is the herb Shatavari (asparagus racemosus). This herb is known to balance out the Pitta Dosha, which is associated with the uterus. Not only that, this herb, whose name roughly means "a woman who has a 100 husbands," is extremely vital in reducing stress and in increasing Ojas (or vitality). It also helps in building stamina and increasing strength post surgery, while helping in maintaining a normal hormonal balance. A woman will also experience an increase in her Sattva (or positivity) with the help of this herb.
However, just after surgery, a woman is advised to have arjuna and turmeric as they are enriched with healing properties. A combination of other herbs along with Shatavari can help in calming the mind and keep fluctuating emotions in check. These other herbs include saffron, aloe vera, calamus, gotu kola, bhringraj, and brahmi rasayana or jatamansi.