Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Jaya Chaithanya . DYour feedback matters!
Sir, I recently had started ROOT CANAL treatment. Does root canal treatment effect on eyes because after that treatment I am having blurred vision from right eye.
Having your dentist say to you that you need a root canal, can be a daunting affair. This means that the pulp or soft tissue inside a tooth has been damaged by bacterial infection. A root canal involves removing the damaged pulp, cleaning the infection and filling in the emptied space. Not every tooth infection requires a root canal and hence it is essential to know the indication of a root canal.
Here are a few situations when a root canal may be needed:
- Pain: Discomfort ranging from a dull ache to a sharp pain can be a sign that you need root canal treatment. This type of pain is usually characterized by throbbing and may change as you switch positions. It is usually triggered by chewing, applying pressure on the tooth or eating something cold or hot. In some cases, the patient may not be able to indicate the exact tooth that is hurting but can only identify the painful area.
- Gun tenderness: Swelling that indicates the need of root canal treatment can range from being slightly red and inflamed to pronounced lumps on the gums. In some extreme cases, this swelling may extend out of the gums into the face and neck region. Sometimes, a pus filled boil with a pimple like head may also form on the gums. If this head bursts, the patient may notice a foul taste in the mouth. This swelling can come and go as the tooth decay deteriorates and may or may not be accompanied by pain. Teeth may also feel like they have been pushed out of their sockets and are taller than usual.
- Tooth discolouration: Discolouring of teeth can be a sign of internal tooth damage. This is especially noted if the teeth take on a dark yellow, grey or blackish tint. Tooth discolouration is fairly common in cases where the tooth has undergone trauma such as an accident etc.
- Exposure of the dental nerves: At times during regular dental work, the nerves in the tooth may be exposed. This indicates an exposure of pulp tissue and can trigger pulp degeneration if left untreated.
However, all of the above symptoms can be symptoms of other types of dental problems as well and do not necessarily individually indicate the need for a root canal. Only a dentist can properly diagnose a need for root canal treatment after a physical examination and testing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.
I m having this tooth pain from last 2 days I don't wanna go to dentist as whneva I go thr the doc asks me for rct already done 5 rct now I dnt want to go for ny more rct:(this pain I feel is cs the molar is comin out idk please help what to do?
My mouth is not fresh. My all Teeth and tooth has been infected soo what should I do? Tell please M very sad.
My Mouth ulcers paining lot. Please suggest any immediate cure for it. Tried salt water goggle and Mucopain ointment. But no solution. Still paining lot and not able to eat.
My suffering left side tonsils pain and left side mouth pain and from two days left side shoulder pain. Then please suggest me what can I do. And suggest me some medicine.
Hi I am 30 years of age, I want to wear braces to remove my gap between front two teeth, is wearing braces at this age is favaourable for me or not please tell me the time period which I have to wear braces, my teeth condition is very good.
I have severe tooth ache in molars fir last 3 days. There is no cavity. Please advice some home remedy.
Feeling dry in mouth, tongue and throat from last 3 days. Small rash in my mouth not ulcer. I am taking homeopathy for my chest acne. Not feeling fever. What should I do for dryness? Why it's happening?
I use colgate toothpaste for teeth and upper teeth are good but lower teeth at lower path I have yellow so how can I remove that?
Titanium is considered to have an affinity with bones and also when the new cells grow they attach to the post, thereby, making a strong bond. It is for this reason, the metal is used in dental implants.
Dental implants are titanium posts, which resemble the root of the tooth. These posts are embedded on the jawbone below the gums. This makes it easy to place missing bridge or teeth of the area where inserted. Implants are different from dentures and benefit the oral health as they are not fastened to other teeth like the bridges.
Factors to be kept in mind during the procedure:
- Patients must have healthy gums
- Must have sufficient bone strength to hold the implants in place
- One must be dedicated to maintaining good oral hygiene
- Must be visiting dentist regularly
Mechanism of Dental Implant:
A strong, biocompatible material is used to make screws, which are inserted into the bone. Titanium is the most preferred material, and because of its unique property of osseo-integration (fuses with the bone), it fuses with the bone to reduce bone loss after the tooth is gone. In most cases, the titanium screws, which act as the root for the implants are placed into the bone and allowed for some weeks to few months to fuse with the bone. Then, an interim crown may be used until the screw is ready to take on an implant.
The screw is periodically monitored and once it is completely accepted, then an abutment is placed on it. This acts like a stump or a root, over which a crown will be placed. Though most implants are done for replacing single teeth, in many cases, multiple teeth may be replaced using abutments. If the missing teeth are adjacent to each other or in the same quadrant, then a denture might be overlaid over the abutments. Alternately, a partial denture may be used which is screwed over an abutment.
Things to keep in mind post Dental Implant:
- Careful brushing: Only soft bristle brush needs to be used in this regard and do not pressurize the treated areas. In this case, tenderness needs to be considered so that brushing can be conducted carefully without injuring or hurting implants.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: Oral hygiene is the most important thing, and this is the reason you are advised to use any special mouthwash or any other flossing solution. This step needs to be continued for preventing the growth of unwanted infectious elements as that can ruin the implants completely. You should also carefully brush your teeth without affecting the implanted area.
- Avoid smoking: You are not allowed to continue smoking after implants, as that can make the situation complicated, as a result, of which you might even experience dreadful consequences. You should follow different steps to completely curtail the smoking habit from your lifestyle.