Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jaya Bharatha Reddy
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Jaya Bharatha ReddyYour feedback matters!
What are muscle knots?
Muscle knots are points within a muscle where contracted fibers are unable to release 1, or, as the dictionary puts it: highly irritable localized spots of exquisite tenderness in a nodule in palpable taunt bands of muscle tissue.
A common problem for active people, muscle knots technically called myofascial trigger points, or mtps feel like a small knot to your fingertips. These knots can range from the size of a pinhead in smaller muscles to the size of your thumb in larger muscles. 2
Muscle knots can cause pain in two ways: (1) latent trigger points, which are knots that only hurt when you put pressure on them, and (2) active trigger points, which are knots that actively refer pain along your neural pathways, causing it in non-localized areas.
Trigger points in a constant state of contraction have excess metabolic waste and oxygen use because blood flow to this area stops this sends pain signals to the brain. Because your brain wants to stop the pain, it commands the muscle to rest, which leads to under-usage of the muscle. This is what makes the muscle shorten and tighten up.
What causes muscle knots?
The most common causes of muscle knots are:
1) accidents acute trauma, such as bad falls sports injuries that strain you joints and muscles
2) postural stress sitting too long with poor posture, sitting with no support, lifting improperly
Herniated disc what we commonly call ‘slipped disc’. It can be a very painful and debilitating condition. When the cushion that sits between the spinal vertebra is pushed outside its normal position, you have a herniated disc. This can occur as a result of rupture or bulging due to injury, disease, or deterioration. The spinal disc when pushed out irritates the spinal nerves that lay very close to the edge of these spinal discs causing severe pain. In some people, symptoms like severe back pain, leg pain, or weakness of the lower extremity muscles are traced to a herniated disc.
Herniated disc can occur to anyone. It is, however, seen more commonly in people between the ages of 35 to 45 who perform heavy manual labour or drive motor vehicles for long periods of time.
How does ayurveda help treat herniated disc naturally and safely?
- In ayurveda slip can be categorized as one of the diseases caused by vitiation of vata (one of the principle dosha in the body, responsible for the movement and function of the body).
- Ayurvedic treatment for slip disc concentrate at restoring the equilibrium through correction of the underlying functional equilibrium.
- Chirayu ayurveda panchkarma hospital provide very effective and most successful treatment for slip disc or herniated disc. The treatment compromises of detoxification and rejuvenation through panchkarma along with oral medications.
- The therapies like abhyanga, swedana, kati basti, patrapinda swedana and basti etc. Are done as per severity of the disease.
The ayurvedic healing therapies are beneficial in many ways:-
- They help in strengthening the supportive tissues that hold your spine.
- They help release the muscular spasm and nerve compression.
- They nourish the joints by enhancing circulation and relieve pain.
- Here are the ayurvedic therapies you can employ to treat herniated disk:
- Duration of the treatment depends upon the severity of the disease but usually take 4-6 weeks.