Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Jaya Bharatha ReddyYour feedback matters!
My mother aged 52 and have spondlitis. Recently started complaining reeling sense when she lie down for a while and gets up. No Sugar or BP. CT scan shows no signs.She fell down from top of the escalator at 43 yrs of age and now complains she has pain at waist backside bone. Any suggestions for these two problems?
What should I do for dactylytis and plantar fascia when corticosteroid inj has failed and I have hypertension and ankylosing spondylitis?
A week before I fell down from an auto. After that I'm suffering from immense back pain. It is felt between lower back and bums. Once I've felt numbness around my lower body. The pain is worse. And my unable to do any work because of the immense pain. Please help me out.
From middle age many women are affected by a disorder called osteoporosis. This is essentially a mineral deficiency disorder.During and after menopause, there is a significant and continuing deficiency in calcium replacement which must in many cases be supplemented with calcium tablets on a regular basis. As a consequence of calcium deficiency, there is a weakening of bone structure resulting in a slow but progressive reduction in bone height. This in turn allows the postures of those affected to become extremely rounded, especially in the mid or thoracic part of the spine.In persons affected by this disorder there are risks of fractures occurring without any significant forces being applied to the bones of the vertebrae. Research conducted at the Mayo Clinic in the United States has demonstrated that extension exercises performed regularly had significantly reduced the number of compression fractures in the group exercising in this manner. A similar group exercising differently and a group not exercising at all had significantly more fractures when examined at least one year later. This study suggests that women from perhaps the age of forty onward should practice this exercise as described on a regular basis.My own recommendation would be that the exercise should be performed fifteen to twenty times, four or five times per week. If you are uncertain regarding this advice, discuss the matter with your doctor before commencing the programme. Should you have difficulties with the exercises for one reason or another, you should consult a manipulative therapist who will show you means of modifying the exercise without necessarily reducing its effectiveness.The muscles strengthened by performing the exercises recommended by the Mayo Clinic study are also the muscles responsible for holding you upright, and it is probable that maintaining good posture at all times will assist in the strengthening process. This may also reduce the likelihood of small fractures occurring.
I am 29 yrs old. For the last 6 months after 4 hrs of bus journey, I am getting knee pain. Can you please help me why am getting pain and what I need to do for this.
Pain is unpleasant suffering caused by injury or illness. Back pain may be sudden/constant, dull, severe or not responding to short rest and medication. Constant pain in back in any region of spine for more than few days to weeks needs intervention.
- Pain which is intense especially at night requires urgent visit to a specialist.
- Sudden onset of pain in back with or without injury needs urgent attention.
- Back pain with difficulty in walking, pain while getting up from position of comfort, pain during change of posture or pain after prolonged sitting (for work) can lead to serious permanent damage, if left untreated.
- Pain which travels to one or both legs may be due to pressure on the nerve/s and if left untreated for long can lead to permanent weakness or damage.
- Pain associated with numbness, tingling or weakness in legs, especially below the knees, commonly called Sciatica, needs to be investigated. Various spinal ailments can lead to weakness in one or two limbs or all four limbs. There may be associated or isolated numbness (loss of sensation to touch, pain or temperature) without back pain.
- Numbness, tingling or weakness may be the only symptoms without any complaint or without history of back pain.
- Problems related to bladder control which may be difficulty to control, hesitancy in passing or dribbling of urine. There may be associated constipation. Loss of bowel/bladder control is caused by pressure on spinal cord &/or nerves which may be due to injury, infection, disc prolapse or tumor.
- Sudden swelling and redness in back usually happens after an injury or accident but sometimes are signs of underlying severe illness.
- Loss of normal shape/curvatures of spine can present with or without pain. It can lead to forward, sideways or rarely backward bending.
- Unintentional weight loss, loss of appetite, evening rise of fever or disturbed sleep with associated back pain/weakness/numbness needs visit to a specialist.