Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. JawathYour feedback matters!
I have sinus problem, I would operate in last sept but still I face diffuclty in breathing. My left nasal breath hard while right is frequent. Ayurveda doctor suggest to jalnati, when I perform such a action. I fell relief but there fell obstracle in my nasa. Kindly suggest.
Hello sir, I am suffering from running with continuous sneezing, headache, fever and pain in ears, what should I do?
Always I got pain in troat then white spot appear in throat and tonsil. After taking antibiotics I got recover. In 1 year or 2 year I got this disease. I never smoke and drinks. Kindly let me know is it tonsilitis or throat infection!
My mother aged 49 Has 2 problems 1) she sweats alot when she does a little household work she looks like she just returned home after a. Walk outside in the hot afternoon 2) she sneezes alot and once it starts if lasts for about 10-5 sneezes back to back I guess she has some kind. Of allergy. I just do not know what is causing that allergy.
Hi, I am 27 years old female.In may, I was diagnosed with sinusitis after seeing CNS. I took medications for 1 month nd recovered. I do not have pain anywhere expect near throat. Now always I feel that thick fluid is dripping through my throat nd have to clear my throat more frequently which is causing nerve pain near my throat. I find difficulty in swallowing sputum while sleeping. The throat blockage nd neck pain is more frequent nd severe when I am exposed to cold air during nights. Though I'm drinking warm water nd green tea during day time, at nights I feel that something is blocking blocking my throat. Do I need to consult doctor for this. Can this be cured.
I am 50 years of age and diagnosed having vertigo, as I at times loose balance and find everything shaking or spinning. What care should I take and how to cure this problem ?
Dear Dr. During flight sometimes I feel motion sickness leading few second unconscious, feel sweat after become normal why this happen? what remedy?
I am about 70 years old, vegetarian, no alcohol, no smoking, Do not consume much condiments. I have got Oesophagitus (Ulcers in the throat) as revealed by endoscopy. Please suggest remedial measure. I remain constipated of and on.
I Have a perineal Ent problem . Iam getting cold very often when i get cold My Nose to Ear passage gets blocked which is reducing my Hearing ability of the ear . I have taken treatment from Many ENT doctors they prescribe the Antibiotic buy i get only temperary relief but iam looking for Permanent relief
It is very common for patients with nasal obstruction to develop clogged ear as well. The back of the nose opens into a tunnel also known as the Eustachian tube. This tube goes up to the ear. In case the ears get clogged the pressure is released by popping of the ears. This is achieved by swallowing, yawning, and trying to blow the nose. When ear pops the tunnel opens and allows the pressure to release from the ear.
Reasons why nasal obstruction causes clogged ears:
- Mucosal Swelling: When the nose is obstructed, the nasal lining might swell thus making it difficult to breath. This might also lead to swelling in the tunnel of the ear causing it to shut down. Sometimes an ear pop does not happen in this condition and this is called as Eustachian tube dysfunction.
- Negative Pressure inside the Nose: In nose obstruction when the patient tries to breathe through the nose there is negative pressure. This might build up near the opening of the Eustachian tube or the back of the nose. This pressure gets transmitted to the ear and results in a negative pressure in the ear which leads to the clogging of the ear.
- Bernoulli's Principle: This principle states that in case of an inviscid flow, increase in speed of the fluid happens side by side with a pressure decrease.
Causes of Nasal Obstruction:
Obstruction or congestion of the nose leads to a stuffy and inflamed nose. In minor illnesses like fever, cold, sinus infection and flu stuffy nose can happen. This congestion might last for a week. In case the congestion is long term then the causes for it are:
- Allergies and hay fever
- Chemical and environmental irritants
- Septum deviation
- Chronic sinusitis that has lasted for too long
- Nasal polyps and benign tumors
Symptoms of nasal decongestion are runny or stuffy nose, painful sinus, and swollen nasal tissues along with mucus buildup.
Treatment for Nasal Decongestion:
Once the nasal congestion has been found and the cause behind it has been analyzed, then treatment is must. Treatment usually includes prescription medication or over the counter drugs. Medication of the nasal decongestion involves the following:
- Oral Antihistamines: These are helpful in treating allergies. Common ones are loratadine (Claritin) and cetirizine (Zyrtec)
- Nasal Sprays: Nasal sprays which contain antihistamine like azelastine (Astelin, Astepro)
- Nasal Steroids: Examples of this are mometasone (Asmanex Twisthaler) or fluticasone (Flovent Diskus, Flovent HFA)
- Over the counter or prescription decongestants