Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Javed AkhtarYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, i'm dinesh 34yrs male, I get swelling in my right leg from ankle joint upto knee. I get this when my weight goes beyond 86kgs, when I ride bike, travel in bus (sitting posture) standing for long time. I dont get swelling if I wlk for 10kms also. I hv done doppler, filaria, mri, blood test, ecg etc. Dont know the reason for my swelling. Please help me.
I am suffering from fever for two days. Severe headache and cold. Am not getting proper digestion and I am not able to excrete. Please refer me any medication.
Hlo there. I hav a problem regarding my sex life. There is always a erection problem or you can say fast ejaculation. It does not lasts longer than 2 min. Please suggest me something so that I can increase my time and enough power in blood veins so that I can make longer. thanks.
From last 4 months whenever I get slightly sexually excited a transparent fluid in very small quantity comes out of my penis please help me. Sexual excitement means imagining something naughty. However I was masturbating very often during last month's nearly 8 times a week.
I am 25 years old I am doing masturbation since 4 years and from before 1 year I stopped because of studies and now I started again and for me one doubt is there Is it masturbation causes any HIV or AIDS please give me answer.
Dr. My mother is suffering from cold and cough. Her body pains a lot. She is weak now and she sleeps a lot. How to regain her energy? Which fruits she need to take?
My lower lip inside. It's kinda brownish 2 sides. Any reason why it has turned brownish all of a sudden.
I have pain in my mouth & lips due to ulcers in my mouth, please suggest me what should I do n what should I eat because it pains me when I eat anything.
Gd mrng mam in normal human being diet per day how much calorie inhale in normal balanced diet answer me properly.
Before many days I had fever. Which can be still present. Don't take away. I meet my family doctor he give me a many suggestion I complete all course but I cant. So what can I do.?
What are the ways to decrease the constipation problems and gastric problems in our body to be free of problems.
Gridhrasi is what Sciatica is known as in Ayurveda. It is the disorder that causes mild to agonizing pain in the sciatic nerve or neuralgia. These nerves, emerging from the pelvis, run along the hamstring and may cause intense pain in one or both the legs when a person suffers from Sciatica. Sciatic pains fill your life with misery as the simplest of daily activities cause sudden and excruciating pain. There are two types of sciatica i.e. true sciatica and pseudo sciatica. Sciatica may be caused due to bulging disc or herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, piriformis syndrome, pregnancy or trauma etc.
According to Ayurveda, Sciatica is caused due to impairment in Vata i.e. the dosha responsible for the functional ability and movement of the body and also in some cases due to impairment in the Kapha i.e. the dosha that is responsible for body fluids and lubrication.
Ayurvedic herbs that improve the symptoms of Sciatica are:
- Babunah is also known as Bitter Chamomile. Not only is it used to relieve and reduce the pain faced by a sciatica patient, but it is also used for treating problems such as rheumatism due to the advancement of age. Compressed bitter chamomile flowers are prescribed for sciatica.
- Guggul is also known as Indian Bdellium. Since guggulu is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it relaxes the sciatic nerves.
- Rasna is also known as Vanda Orchid. Intense or agonizing pain due to the sciatic nerve issues can be reduced by this ayurvedic herb due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Juniper oil is extremely helpful when massaged onto the thigh muscles with firm strokes or pressure. It is used extensively in massage therapy for treating sciatica since the extent of reduction in sciatic nerve pain is tremendous.
- Jaiphal is also known as Nutmeg. After being mixed with sesame seeds oil, nutmeg is coarsely powdered and then fried till it turns brown. This is then applied to those areas where the sciatic pain is intense for instant relief.
- Kumari is also known as Indian Aloe. Properties of Indian Aloe are extremely helpful in treating lower back ailments such as sciatica and lumbago.
- Shallaki is also known as Boswellia or Frankincense. Containing anti-inflammatory properties, shallaki is applied externally to get relief from sciatic nerve pain.
Ayurvedic preparations such as yogaraja guggulu, Vataganjakusha, Saindhavadi taila are also very useful in treating Sciatica. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.