Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Jasper DavidYour feedback matters!
I am 39 year old I am facing the problem in digestion system upper abdomen in always feeling full and heavy. My weight also increasing earlier it was 78 kg but with in 4 month its now 84 kg in the evening I am feeling vomiting sensation and feeling weighted head. My knee is making noise like churrrr when i'm seating and stand up please give suggestion me to what I can I do how I can improve my health activeness regards
I am having backpain. Its not getting cured. I tried many medicines. But its not getting cured. Help me please.
Respected sir / Madam, I am 56 years old man and I am suffering from headache due to stress in behind of neck muscles and lower side of muscles and above shoulder pain since two months.
My father has undergone c2-c7 decompressive laminectomy surgery on 2010, now again he is suffering with same problem of nerves tigthness & unable to walk. Now doctors again recomded for surgery, weahther it is adviceable for surgery any risk is invovled in surgery.
I am 26 years old I got married before 9 months but some times I got nervous pain in hands feet and legs like pinching what reason how can I avoid it.
Hello Dr, I am 22 year old male. I do swimming, jogging regularly. Apparently I've stopped all of my physical activities for the past 1 month because I've started getting lower back stiffness, to get rid of that, I need to break knuckles at that part regardless of anything like TIME, place etc. By doing this regularly I've started getting Lower back pain for the past few weeks. My mom is a known patient of osteoporosis, so urging myself I went to take DEXA for determining my bone mineral density, result was AP SPINE L1-L4 MEAN DENSITY OF 0.946gm/cm² corresponding to a t score of - 2.3.Dual femur mean density of 0.916gm/cm²,corresponding to a t score of - 1.3.I Consulted some physicians here, they are carelessly saying that I'm perfectly fine by considering my age, mean while other one is saying that I've not attained my peak bone density growth. I'm a medical student, having few knowledge I don't know what to believe and what not to believe. I'll be so thankful if someone tell me what exactly is happening in my body. And my body fat percentage is 37%that means I need to put myself in obese category, but my hip size is jus 34 inch and I've never felt I'm over weighted person. Please help me doctors.
I am 24. Mujhe kuch din se bahut jayda back pain hai or ab right hand me bhi move karte tym pain hota hai. Mai bahut low feel kar rahi hu. Pltease suggest what can I do.
I have carried my bag in my shoulders and my neck bone started paining I have been taken a rest for last 2 days but I didn't get relief. So please kindly help me.
Tennis elbow is a condition which is characterized by the inflammation of the tendons occurring in the elbow region due to excess use of the muscle groups present in the overarm. Tennis elbow can cause a lot of distress once it occurs so it is best to perform certain exercises to strengthen the muscle groups in your overarm so that muscle strain does not occur during your physical activities.
Read on more to find about all the different ways to strengthen your muscle groups to prevent tennis elbow.
- Staying in good physical shape overall tones your body and strengthens your muscle groups, thus reducing the likelihood of tennis elbow.
- It is also important that the physical activities which are performed by you are done using proper technique as otherwise undue strain might cause unnecessary discomfort and pain.
- You should try strengthening the muscles in your shoulder, arm and upper back to reduce the stress your elbow undergoes during physical activity.
- Using a counterforce brace for activities which include twisting or grasping of the arm can also help. The use of a counterforce brace is to distribute the pressure throughout the arm which reduces the stress on the elbow. The brace is highly recommended for people who are likely to develop tennis elbow. One should consult a doctor before opting for a counter brace. However, it is not a substitute for rehab exercises.
If repeated arm movements or certain physical activities are causing discomfort or pain in the elbow region, check for alternative ways of performing the task. If you have taken up tennis, cricket or golf as a sport, it is highly recommended that you take proper lessons in technique as these sports involve twisting and grasping your arm which can cause injuries if you do not follow proper techniques. Also keep in mind to choose sports equipments which are at par with your physical fitness, flexibility and strength.
In daily activities, take a note of the activities which involve putting stress on your elbows. In such instances follow techniques or different ways to perform the tasks which will put minimum stress or pressure on your elbows.
Hi, I am 45 years old female have leg pain under Left feet mostly at night while getting up in the morning numbness in hands feeling heavy below the head. My mother is suffering fr Rheumatoid Arthritis from 44 yrs now 67 yrs old. Is there any test to identify the disease at the early stage for me. My mom took Siddha treatment in the beginning for 6 years but no improvement then changed to allopathy. My height is 145 weight is 36kg was anemic now improved having fissure in ano taking ayurvedic treatment.
You know it’s time for a knee replacement surgery when you can’t walk, move or get up from a chair without pain in spite of taking medications, physiotherapy and following a pain management therapy for a long time. Knee replacement surgery is also known as arthroplasty, and it’s one of the most common bone surgeries around.
Causes of Knee Pain
Most people suffering from arthritis of any kind- osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and post-traumatic arthritis are the ones who may require a knee replacement surgery when their condiition becomes severe.
It helps ease pain and helps one move freely.
- Osteoarthritis- This is mostly caused due to age-related ‘wear and tear’ of the knee joint and usually occurs in people who are older than 50 years. In this condition, the cartilage that cushions the three main bones of the knee wears away. This makes the bones rub against one another, causing stiffness and knee pain. Osteoarthritis is the main reason why people go for knee replacement surgery.
- Rheumatoid arthritis- In this type of arthritis, the synovial membrane that surrounds the knee joint becomes inflamed. This chronic inflammation then damages the knee cartilage and leads its loss and attendant pain, and stiffness.
- Post-traumatic arthritis- This happens after a serious knee injury. It can lead to tears of the knee ligaments and bones which leads to damage to the knee cartilage.
- Loss of blood flow to the bones – osteonecrosis – also may require knee replacement surgery.
- Those with deformities like knock knees and bowed legs also may require knee replacement.
Knee Replacement Surgery
During this surgery, an orthopedic surgeon removes the damaged part of the knee and replaces it with an artificial metal or plastic joint. This artificial joint is then attached to the thigh bone, the shin, and the kneecap with a special cement-like material.
Different Types of Knee Replacement Surgery
There are four main types of knee replacement surgery-
- Total knee replacement- This is the most common type of surgery. In this, your surgeon replaces the entire knee including the thigh bone and shin bone that connect to the knee.
- Partial knee replacement- This type of surgery is performed if arthritis affects only one side of your knee. However, this type of surgery is done only if you have strong knee ligaments. This is performed through a smaller cut than is needed for total knee replacement.
- Kneecap replacement- This type of surgery replaces only the under-surface of your kneecap.
- Revision knee replacement- This is a complex surgery which is performed in case you have very severe arthritis.
A knee replacement is actually a knee "resurfacing" because only the surface of the knee bones is actually replaced during the procedure. It is a relatively safe procedure and the patient does not have any side effects. All a patient is required to do is take proper rest and follow the instructions of your doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.