Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JanashreeYour feedback matters!
I got my periods delayed by 4 days and on 5th day I see some spotting. Does that mean I am not pregnant.
I am 23 years old as per pregnancy test kit I am pregnant. I do not want it how could I abort it. My last period date was may 17.
I had unprotected sex and anal sex also in my g.f.2nd and 4th day of periods. What there is any chance of pregnancy. I want more satisfying answer.
We are planning for baby this month, should she has to avoid hard work like picking up full bucket water etc?
Calcium consumption is essential for bone development and maintenance throughout life, yet more than one half of the female population in the United States does not consume the recommended amount of calcium. Calcium intake is especially crucial during pregnancy and lactation because of the potential adverse effect on maternal bone health if maternal calcium stores are depleted. There is often a transient lowered bone mineral density and increased rate of bone resorption, with the greatest consequence during the third trimester and throughout lactation. Studies indicate that calcium consumption should be encouraged, especially during pregnancy and lactation, to replace maternal skeletal calcium stores that are depleted during these periods. Because the fetus in utero and the neonate through breast-feeding are dependent on maternal sources for the total calcium load, adequate maternal calcium intake also can affect fetal bone health positively. Proper calcium consumption can be attained through the diet by the consumption of dairy products or leafy greens (such as kale), the consumption of fortified foods, or by supplementation with widely available calcium-containing supplement products. Because many women experience heartburn during pregnancy, calcium-based antacids are ideal for providing heartburn relief, and they offer a calcium supplement to ensure maternal and fetal bone health, without the danger of adverse effects on the neonate.
My periods got over on 4th February and I had sex with my hubby on 11th February first time used protection and the second time we did without protection but I had an ipill within 2 hrs will there be pregnancy.
Hello sir I am 23 year female. I have got small rashes in and outside my vagina. It burns while urinating and on touching. It makes me feels discomfort. At present am using cambizen cream in my vagina. Please help me sir. Thank you.
Fibromyalgia is a disorder that causes widespread body pain along with sleep deficits, memory loss, mood problems and fatigue. Symptoms may be triggered after a surgery, physical trauma, infection, or stress. Women are much more vulnerable to this disease than men. Many people affected with fibromyalgia may have suffered from headaches, backaches, depression, anxiety, tension, temporomandibular joint
disorders and irritable bowel syndrome. Most of these patients have undergone multiple consultation with various doctors and undergone many tests, but no diagnosis could be made. These patients are often ignored by doctors and family members as always "complaining of pain".
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
- Extensive Pain: Pain related to fibromyalgia is often depicted as a dull pain that lasts for at least three months. Pain can involve any body part like back,neck, chest, arms, legs. Patients have pain in multiple areas of body and painful areas change over time.
- Fatigue: Patients afflicted with this disorder feel tired even after sleep. Such people are reported to sleep for longer hours than normal people, but their sleep often gets disrupted due to sleep apnoea and restless leg syndrome.
- Cognitive Difficulties: These patients find it difficult to concentrate at work and also suffer from memory deficits in daily activities.
- Other Symptoms: These patients may also have symptoms like burning urination, urgency of urination, numbness,loss of appetite, tingling sensation,diarrhoea, constipation, tinnitus, depression etc
Diagnosis of fibromyalgia:
There are no specific test to diagnose fibromyalgia. Diagnosis is made by a doctor specialised in Pain Medicine using clinical methods based on symptoms and examination. Blood tests like Haemogram, Thyroid function test, RA Factor, ESR are done to rule out other diseases which can cause similar symptoms.
Treatment of Fibromyalgia:
- First step in treating these patients is to accept their problem and discuss with patient and family members regarding the presence of such disease entity.
- Lifestyle changes like active involvement in cardiovascular exercises, swimming, yoga, meditation are important to control symptoms.
- Conventional painkillers do not work in these patients. They requires special medications prescribed by a Pain Specialist for control of symptoms.
- Counselling of patient is beneficial for associated depression.
1. Menses Problems - Menses problems like irregular menses, delayed menses or in little blood flow, have to start Kumari Aasav 10 ml twice a day with warm water adding in it.
2. Hysteria - Give Natural Borax Powder (Purified Tankan) 1 -2 grams with honey or warm water.
3. Stye - In Problem of Stye have to apply Paste of Rasvanti (Rasanjan) on eyelids or on affected area. And take Trifla churna regularly.
4. Abdominal Pain - Take Shivakshar Churna 2 to 4 grams with warm water twice or thrice a day. And use hot water bag or heating pad on affected part of the abdomen.
I have heavy bleeding during three days of my periods and I even can not manage to take pads. I mean I have to use cloth for frst 3 days. Its heavy. What can I do so that I can use pads and my bleeding is reduced.
In today’s technology savvy and jet speed lifestyle, stress and tensions become part of our lives. However, you cannot afford to reflect all that stress on neither your looks nor your health. The world has become very materialistic and judgmental to comment about you just based on your looks. So it becomes important to maintain good looks and personality to maintain a good public image. In addition, your looks, personality and health are the key factors that let you keep in pace with your career, your family, your friends and other relationships.
However, when we talk about looks we cannot miss on the topic of health as they both go hand in hand. They are a kind of relationship, which has to be mutual. You cannot have either one of it alone. Because on one hand looks represent your outer persona the health takes over for your inner persona and if you are not healthy you do not look good and looking good without being healthy is also meaningless.
So both these things are inter related and inter dependent. Having good looks along with being healthy is important and for that, one has to be taking regular and diligent efforts. There is no short cut to looks and health and even if ones opt for taking the short cut then there should be preparation in the background to face problems in the long run.
What is the point of looking shortly beautiful and then regretting those moments for the rest of your life? So better, go for a plan take may take time to show results but those results to have long run benefits.
However, when we talk about looks we cannot miss on the topic of health as they both go hand in hand.
If you wish to look good by looking slim and trim and for that you go on fasts and start eating only protein products or if you opt for weight reducing pills then you my friend are ruining and exploiting your body.
Trying to reduce weight is good but the method for it matters even more. The basic things you need to do is cut down on oil, spices, foods with high calories and sugar.
Another thing that needs to be taken care of is a balanced and regular meal. You should have a meal with proper amount of carbohydrate, proteins, fats and vitamins and all these meals should be taken at proper intervals.
All you need is some more care and love for your looks as well as health.
Vitamin D is crucial for you because it is crucial for regulating the immune system as well as making sure that phosphorous and calcium get absorbed into the bloodstream. However, Vitamin D is crucial for a number of other reasons as well. Here they are:
- Multiple sclerosis: Vitamin D is crucial in lessening your chances of getting multiple sclerosis.
- Heart disease: It has also recently been agreed upon that Vitamin D reduces your chances of getting heart disease.
- Flu: The flu is yet another disease, which may not occur if you have an adequate amount of Vitamin D in your diet.
- Depression: Vitamin D also plays a crucial role in a person's mood. The more Vitamin D there is in your body and diet, the more stable your mood is. The risks of depression are also reduced when your body and diet has an adequate amount of Vitamin D.
- Weight loss: As mentioned earlier, Vitamin D has a number of benefits among which preventing heart disease is included. However, it is worth note that weight loss is also made easier with the more vitamin D you have. This is because Vitamin D has an appetite suppressing effect. However, it should be kept in mind that Vitamin D has to be taken alongside a lot of calcium for these appetite suppressing effects to occur.
- Cancer: Vitamin D is imperative for regulating cell growth. It is also crucial for cell-to-cell communication. 200 genes in the human body are affected adversely when there is an inadequate amount of Vitamin D in your body.
- Diabetes: In a recent study, it has been concluded that infants who received an adequate amount of vitamin D had their chances of suffering from Type 1 reduced by almost 88 percent by the time they turn 30.
- Rickets: The softening of the bones is termed as rickets. Rickets is yet another disease which is caused by an insufficient amount of Vitamin D. The reason for this is that calcium is not absorbed and therefore the bones soften.
Rickets is yet another disease which is caused by an insufficient amount of vitamin D. The reason for this is that calcium is not absorbed and therefore the bones soften. The softening of the bones is termed as rickets.
These are some of many other conditions associated with a Vitamin D deficiency.
Related Tip: "Are Vitamins Vital?"
I am getting periods from last 7 days but in starting 2 days bleeding was less but from last 5 days bleeding is more how to reduce it or stop it already 7 days are over plzz suggest 2moro I have exam it's bleeding to much.
We have often heard that prevention is better than cure. After all, who would want to spend time being sick, if it can be avoided and no day ever needs to be a wash out. Well, it can be said that as long as a person is willing to put in a little effort, there can be dividends in the form of not having to pay multiple visits to the doctor. Let’s find out how exactly to go about practising preventive health care.
- Quit smoking: As it says on the packets of cigarettes, it has been proven beyond any shadow of doubt that smoking is injurious to health. As a matter of fact, the habit of smoking can not only lead to cancer as it is most commonly associated with, but also result in other ill conditions and diseases. Quitting smoking is indeed the most important tenet of preventive health.
- Sleep well: Many people think that the practice of sleeping enough for adequate health is overrated, but it is just so very important. A number of people are putting their health in jeopardy in the long run by not making the right choice of prioritising sleep over other activities. There are various risks a person exposes himself or herself to by not getting enough sleep. Inadequate sleep does not provide the body with the amount of rest that is needed for it to repair, heal and start afresh.
- Cut down on alcohol: Alcohol is something that is enjoyable as long as the limits regarding the consumption of it are maintained. A general rule is that no man should be having more than two drinks a day and a woman should not go beyond a drink. When these limits are not paid heed to, the risk of some life threatening diseases such as cancers as well as liver cirrhosis spikes.
- Follow proper diet and exercise: While it is true that degeneration of the joints of a person over the course of time is an inevitability, there is a lot that can be done by a person who wants to avoid the prospect of having his or her quality of life compromised by arthritis. Following a strict diet, avoiding fast food and drinking plenty of water helps in keeping yourself healthy. Similarly regular workout and exercising prevents a person from being overweight, which makes a substantial difference in fighting arthritis!