Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. JanardhanYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from joint pain. Normally I am alright but when I play cricket I feel pain in my right hand. What should I do?
I have a problem at wrist. It is swelled and no pain. What should I do. I think it is nerve swell. Please s give me a suggestion.
I suffer from muscles weakness problem, lower back pain and cervical pain. Frequently do running. Cardiovascular and yoga exercises. Could you tell me, what diet plan I should follow to recover from all problems?
Actually I want to ask that after running in rally bharti for 5 km without practise I got pain in the lower section of my foot.
Hello doctor I am feeling full right arm numbness and pain (mild) from last one month. Both Numbness and pain are not continue kindly suggest what to do.
I am suffering from back pain last 2 year. I done MRI last year and in report found spinal ostiotrophy type something. I take medicine like muscle relaxant and multivitamin tablet but it is not working. What can I do.
Sir I have back pain problem from last 1 year. I took all medicine vaccine. But some pain are left. Can you please what should I do.
I am 25 years old I have back pain from last 3 months I have already taken treatment from local doctor.
My wife have suffering from Arthritis since 3 years please resolve my problems. She is 25 year an old lady.
My mother age is 45 .from last 5-6 months she have pain in her spine ; hand joint; and leg join also. According to doctors advise they say this happen before menopause in some lady .nothing serious .please tell me why this happened its any calcium deficiency or not.
Which medicine should I take in viral upto 102? Also I have a muscle break inside right shoulder which is difficult to move so which spray or cream should I use on that?
My grandmother is having pain in her knees while walking. She is 60 years old, suggest any remedy or diet if any.
I have a chronic pain in my back from 2008. It is a result of an accident. Once I fell from bicycle. At that time did not realised any problem. Latter it became a problem for me.
Hi I am suffering from foot pains my both foots are having extreme pain because of that it feels me lot of weight on my foots I had chikungunya 8 months back that time also I had pain in my foots. But now after 8 months again it started I have taken vitamin D injection and capsules of vitamins and calcium as doctor suggested to me but still didn't get much improvement.
I am 22 years old and I have black spots on my face and neck. Now it is spreading on my back too. Please suggest some medicine.
Hello. I am not sports man. I have no regular knee pain. But annual sports events, in cricket practice I feel right knee pain. Is it normal?
Lower back pain is a very common issue and can take place due to numerous reasons. However, one of its main causes is a ligament strain or back muscle strain. Microscopic tear or excessive stretching of ligaments can take place due to lifting very heavy objects, doing enormously strenuous task or due to a sudden twisted movement. These conditions are most likely to be experienced by individuals ranging between the ages of 30 and 60. Other causes of lower back pain include back injury, arthritis of back bone joints, infections in the lower back area, and in very rare cases, tumours.
In case of acute back pain, these are a few important things that should be definitely kept in mind.
- It is absolutely essential to take rest for a couple of days and avoid any sort of stressful activity. Although back pain is self-limiting, if you take proper care, it can be cured in a few days. However, if proper rest is not taken, the situation may become worse.
- Using the black belt, also known as lumbo sacral corset, is a good idea. This can actually be of enormous help to individuals who have been suffering from lower back pain for a long period of time.
- As already mentioned, one of the main causes of these kinds of mishaps are sudden jerky movements, twisted movements, heavy weight lifting etc. So, it is necessary to avoid such circumstances, or else, a more acute back pain situation may arise due to slipping of one of the discs from the spinal cord.
- As much as you like long drives and bike rides, these are a strict no. Any prolonged sitting or standing activity needs to be avoided. It is important that the tear caused in the muscles due to what-so-ever reason heals properly and prolonged stay in a tensed muscle position would definitely not help the cause.
- Although these back pains can be handled at home by following the discussed steps, using simple analgesics or muscle relaxants prescribed by the doctor can be a way to speed up the process of recovering the strained ligament.
Apart from these important steps, regular exercise to strengthen the core body muscles is a great way to avoid such ligament strains in the future. However, if you feel that even after following the precautionary measures, you problem doesn’t subside, consult an experienced doctor for his advice.
Get a diagnosis before anything else. It is really important to know what is causing your pain. See a doctor before you start doing any exercises or taking any medication. There are many reasons your hip could be in pain, including arthritis, bursitis, or an injury you've got while playing a sport. Always ask your doctor what you should and should not be doing, given the cause of your hip pain.
- Ice your joints: Holding ice to your hips will reduce inflammation of your joints. You should hold an ice pack to the affected area for 15 minutes several times a day. If you find that the ice pack is uncomfortably cold, wrap it in a towel and then place it on the pained area.
- Heat your joints if you have arthritis in your hips: Heating your joints can soothe the pain you feel. Consider taking a hot bath or shower, or soak in a hot tub if there is one available to you. You could also consider purchasing a hot pad that you can place directly on your hip. Do not use heat to soothe your joints if you have bursitis. Heat can cause hips affected by bursitis to actually become more inflamed.
- Get some rest: If you have injured your hip, the best thing you can do is to simply give your hip time to heal. Avoid anything that causes you to feel pain in your hip. Instead, grab an ice pack, a bowl of popcorn and watch some movies. You should give your hip a rest for at least 24 to 48 hours.
- Avoid high-impact activities: If you are in severe pain, chances are you won't feel like running or jumping anyway, but it is good to keep in mind that these activities should be avoided. High-impact activities will cause your joints to become more inflamed, thus causing your more pain. Instead of running, try taking a brisk walk, as walking has much less of an impact on your joints.
- Consider losing weight: The more your body weighs, the more weight your painful hip is burdened with supporting. Losing weight can help ease hip pain simply by removing some of that weight that stresses the cartilage and joints.
- Choose the right shoes: You should buy shoes that give you as much support as possible. Look for shoes that have great cushions, or have removable insoles so that you can add orthopaedics. The sole should have good shock absorption, should limit pronation (turning or rotating the foot) and will evenly distribute pressure along the length of your foot.