Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Janaki Ramaya
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Janaki RamayaYour feedback matters!
I felt muscle pain aftr doing plank exercises to shape up my body, Weight: 50 kg, BMI 22.2 (i never did exercise before, IS THAT PAIN IS NORMAL?
I am suffering from stammering, I've taken speech therapy but it's worthless, suggest me what to do.
Hi, I'm 23 years old male. I am having erectile dysfunction from past 5 years due to over masturbation. I have masturbate 3 to 8 times continuous daily for over 10 years. All these days I had thought it will be cured but Now I'm getting scared. My penis has shrinked to its fullest and all the veins have swollen up, because of the shrinkage the skin is protruding at the tip of pennis with swollen veins. The semen when I masturbate will be colourless. And very loose. I feel more and more to masturbate once I finish masturbation. I'm having severe hair loss and hair thinning. I am not able to any work or I'm always feeling dull and depressed. I have stopped masturbation from 5 days. I somewhat feel good mentally. But I have strong urges to watch porn and masturbate. Please help me. I am stuck in life. I have suicidal thoughts. My health has deteriorated. My immunity when I recently checked was some 7000. But Range was 4k to 14k for male.
I am having severe headache everytime. I just feel sleepy and depressed every time. I am not able to concentrate on my work. So tell me how to overcome?
Hi mereko ek cheej jaani hai n wo yeh hai ki agr koi bunda reality and fantasy ke beech main farak ni doondh paata hai (distinguish ni kr paata hai) to yh zaroori hai ky ki usse schizophrenia disease ho gayi hai .ya fir usse koi aur disease bhi ho skti hai schizophrenia ke alawa n agr schizophrenia ka alawa uss insaan ko koi aur bimaari ho skti hai to main uss disease ka name jaana chahta houn.
Hi Dr. I want to quit the smoking but somehow I couldn't because after office and before starting office I need it and I want to stop that. I am not able to control my self before and after office smoke. Please help me.
Hi. I am undergoing hypnosis, but still it is in very slow pace, anything else can be done to bring back my memory faster way, either by electric shock or something really hard so to make my family happy.Please suggest something to memory improvement.
I always have cough im my thyroid it make me difficult to talk. And make my voice hoarse. How to solve this problem.
Social anxiety disorder or social anxiety phobia is characterised by an extreme and often, unrealistic fear of social situations and scenarios. A patient suffering from this condition will usually be ridden with self-confidence and a sense of intense nervousness, as if he or she is being constantly watched and scrutinised. It may be caused by biological, psychological or environmental factors. Let us find out ten ways to getting over the same.
- CBT: CBT or cognitive behavioural therapy is a form of talk therapy that allows a patient to speak with a psychologist or psychiatrist, so as to find out the root cause of the condition. This form of theory helps in arriving at ways of overcoming the feelings of nervousness in social situations.
- Practice going out with smaller groups: It is said that sticking to small and intimate groups can help in overcoming the hesitation and self-esteem issues that many of these patients feel. Once they are comfortable, they can take on larger groups.
- Medication: Antidepressants and beta blockers are sometimes prescribed along with other kinds of medication, for patients who are unable to control their intense anxiety in social situations.
- Face the fear: A little introspection will help you arrive at the reason or root cause of your anxiety. This can help in facing the fears and tackling them. You can talk about these fears with someone.
- Unhelpful thinking: Tackle unhelpful thinking where you imagine people are looking at you in a certain way because they must be judging you. Tell yourself over and over until you believe that it is not true.
- Focus on yourself: The key is to focus on yourself instead of getting hooked on to what others may be thinking about you. This will help in banishing the negative thoughts.
- Be in the present: Practice deep breathing or meditation to bring yourself back to the present every time you begin to think about what people may be thinking about you when you are in a social scenario.
- Lifestyle changes: Drinking less and not smoking at all can also help in the better production of hormones that will help in balanced thinking, especially in anxiety-ridden situations.
- Group therapy: Much like CBT, group therapy gives you space and platform to voice your fears and anxiety. The advantage of this kind of therapy is that you can also hear the stories and fears of other people, which will give you some point of reference when it comes to overcoming your own fears.
- Communication skills: You can go to a counsellor or get soft skills training for better communication skills, which will help you improve your social interactions. This, in turn, will give you much confidence to deal with the world outside. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.