Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Janaki RamayaYour feedback matters!
I study but don't feel that I have got it. I am taking medicines but can't study properly in spite of want to study.
Hi i am Suffering from ocd .on daxid 250, ativan 1.25 mg and sizodon 0.5 mg .excruciating anxiety, depression ,insomnia ,panic attacks ,phobia against colours. Doctor not very accessible .any medication ,cbt course of action.
I'm 21 year old female. I'm suffering from intense mood swings. I tried to do some relaxing exercises but there seemed no change. Can I get better suggestions?
Hey .Actually m a chain smoker. And it causes in my health and my sex too. So kindly suggest some medication. Or home remedies.
I have headache bodyache and severe fever along with cough and chest pain. Please help me out Thanks.
Body dysmorphic disorder is a type of psychiatric disorder. It is when you cannot think about one or more defects or flaws in your appearance. These flaws are usually very minor and sometimes even unnoticeable. This is actually a much more serious disorder than many other people may think. This is because people with body dysmorphic disease may avoid many situations and also suffer from severe anxiety or shame. Here is everything you need to know about body dysmorphic disease.
Just like other psychiatric disorders, there is no known cause of body dysmorphic disease. However, there are a lot of factors, which increases your risk of developing it which include:
- Brain disorders: Many people with abnormal brain chemistry disorders suffer from body dysmorphic disease.
- Genes: People whose blood relatives have this disease or have obsessive compulsive disorder are more likely to develop this disorder as well.
- Environment: Cultural and social influences are a major cause of body dysmorphic disorder as well.
There are, however a lot of symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder, most of which are psychological in nature. They include:
- Having a preoccupation with a flaw in the body, which is very minor or perhaps even unnoticeable.
- Beliefs that people are mocking you in relation to your flaw.
- Being a perfectionist
It is also worth noting that this obsession can affect any part of the body and can also include several parts of the body or different parts of the body at different times. Here are the possible treatments of body dysmorphic disorder.
There are a variety of treatments, which a patient can opt for and a variety of methods of curing the problem. Here are the most common.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: This is when a therapist tries to stop you from thinking about the flaw that you have been focusing on way too much.
- SSRI: SSRI stands for Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors. They are given in cases, where body dysmorphic disorder is caused by problems related to the brain chemical serotonin.
- Hospitalization: This is a severe measure, but may need to be taken if you are in danger of harming somebody or you cannot perform daily activities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
My son is suffering from ache in the legs at night almost. It is like the stretch in leg. His age is 5.5 yrs. What can i do?
Marriage is a life-long commitment. Premarital Counseling is a therapy that serves to help couples prepare for their wedlock. It aids in ensuring that you and your partner forge a healthy and a strong relationship in the long run making way for a successful, happy and a satisfying marriage. It also helps you in spotting out the weaknesses early that can later magnify into troubles muddling up your conjugal life. The sessions are usually conducted by licensed and qualified therapists when a couple is considering marriage or are about to get into marriage.
Why is pre-marital counseling at all necessary?
Matching all Aspects: Through this sort of counseling, couples are motivated to initiate conversation pertaining to marriage such as anger management, devoting time for each other, decision-making, family relationships, parenting and children, sex and affection, marital roles, ethics and beliefs, communication and finances.
Communication and Conflict Resolution: Pre-marital Counseling helps partners in improving their ability to communicate with each other, setting sensible marriage goals, as well as skillfully resolving conflicts. In addition to these, premarital counseling also seeks to create a positive attitude for your conjugal life.
Acclimatizing: Remember that you carry your own history, opinions, and values in a relationship and they might vary with your partner who has had an entirely different life with their own and unique experiences. Adjusting to each other as different human beings can be quite a task in itself. Marriage counseling helps in acclimatizing, accepting to the bad and good parts of both the partners.
Becoming a support for each other: Most people rush into marriage to gratify their financial, social, emotional, and sexual needs, but such a mind set is always a gamble. You may hit it off greatly with you partner and then have troubles later on. Clearing out your expectations and bridging the differences prior to marriage would enhance your understanding of each other. This way you can become a source of great support for each other.
Break the pattern: Both or one of you might belong to a divorced or a dysfunctional family where manipulation and fighting was the norm. Premarital Counseling can actually help you to come out of your fear and make peace with your past so that the mistakes of your parents aren’t repeated in your life.
- Averting divorce: Owing to the modern lifestyle, the chances of divorce are rising with each passing day. Therefore, early intervention is indeed the need of the hour. Premarital counseling can help you pinpoint areas of major concern and work to resolve them or work around them to avoid issues which may balloon and end up in a worst case scenario for a marriage, which is divorce.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized psychologist and ask a free question.
I am a 63 yrs old, male, retired from a Managerial position. A patient of essential Hypertension and Diabetes (DM2), with mild cervical spondilytis . Recently passed through Diabetic Neuropathic phase with 'cramps in legs' and nerves of left hand.
Hello sir/ maa'm I am 25 year old girl I have deeply going to depression mere mind me ek hi bat bhut dino tak ghumti rahti h Me un sb chizo se bahar nahi a pa rahi hu please me kya karu.
Hi there, Actually I am a chain smoker and I have been smoking for last 5 years, which is not effecting my health And I want to quite, so can you please guide me to quite smoking?
I feel very low. I don't want to wake up. Thoughts always disturb my mind. I tried but am hopeless now. I am depressed.
Difference between Parkinson disease and Parkinsonism and how each is diagnosed by objective tests ?
Sir I have a problem watching videos in youtube in that heroine beats innocent hero by using whip (korada)(ex: film khaidi no 786) or villian beats innocent woman in the form of flogging (tied to pole). I am always searching whipping, spanking, or canning scenes in movies after watching within a fraction of sec. I will MASTURBATING by feeling fantasy of my schoolgirl thinking that I am a slave (servant) of her she giving coral punishment to me, After masturbating I feel guilty lot of time I am wasting unnecessary things how to overcome to it.
Feelings of inadequacy for long durations and being extremely sensitive to what others think of you is a disorder called avoidant personality disorder symptom. Such feelings of inadequacy in turn push the person to become isolated from the society and the person avoids people, work, and other activities. Social and occupational functioning is affected as the person is extremely sensitive and has very low self-esteem. Symptoms of avoidant personality disorder are:
- Avoiding social interactions: people suffering from this disorder avoid almost all sorts of interpersonal contact since they lie with the fear of rejection, disapproval and criticism.
- Avoiding risks: they avoid taking personal risks or being involved in activities which seem new, because they fear that they will embarrass themselves.
- Socially unplugged: they are not willing to get involved with individuals unless they are absolutely certain of being liked by the person.
- Preoccupied with negative perception: the idea of being criticized or rejected in social functions is so deep within their psyche that they are often preoccupied with only this thought in their minds.
- Inferiority complex: people suffering from avoidant personality disorder consider themselves as good for nothing, unappealing, and inferior to everyone else.
- Avoid intimacy: they are always reluctant to get into intimate relationships because they feel that they will be shamed and ridiculed. Because of such fears, they let go of relationships where they would have been genuinely cherished too.
The only treatment possible for this disorder is psychotherapy. While some people opt for long term therapy, most people usually visit a psychotherapist only when they feel overwhelmed with their fear and emotions.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hello sir, my wife is suffering from severe headache and high fever. Same issue was repeated in 2011, then again in 2013 and now it is in this year. Earlier it was diagnosed as viral meningitis in 2011 via csf. All blood reports are normal now and we don't want do csf again. How it happens is suddenly & slowly first headache starts then followed with high shivering fever comes. Since from 2011 she gets angry on silly things. She is not able to control temper as well. She gets depressed easily. She is getting into negative thoughts. Please advise us and that will be appreciated. Her age is 25yrs and we have one baby girl of 2.5 years old. Your intervention will be appreciated.
Dear sr mujhe nind nhi aati hai koi bhi bat bhul jta hun turant aur hamesha sex me dhyan laga rahata hai hamesha kuchh na kuchh khyal aate rahate hai meri umr 23 sal hai.
Questions to ask when making a decision
1. What is holding me back from going ahead and making the decision?
2. What is my biggest fear?
3. What will my life be like if things turn out badly?
4. What will my life be like if things go exactly as I hope?
5. Who else is affected by my decision, and what are their thoughts and feelings?
6. How important are their thoughts and feelings?
7. Is there any other information I need, or facts that are important, for making the decision?
8. What would make the decision easier?
9. Can I test the water first, or take a few small steps?
10. How will I feel 10 years from now; if I say yes or if I say no?