Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Janaki RamayaYour feedback matters!
Sir I have starting a problem of stammer. So pls give me a best solution to remove it my life. Pls sir.
Hi I am rick n I am suffering from weakness and I kbt have aby idea of the body pain please help e to solve mg proven jscys.
I have been asked to do obt for my anxiety. I fear silence, closed spaces and when people are around me My stomach starts growling and my heart starts pounding. What can I do to help such situations?
I started taking pexep 20 mg for social anxiety for 1 month den increased dose to 30mg for 20 days and now started with 40 mg for social anxiety I m not getting good result no improvement in social anxiety please help.
My father who is a medical doctor by profession, 51 year old, has done Master's in surgery from amu aligarh, has gone through several ups and downs in life, he worked as CMO in the medical college, later on MO in government hospital, have a family history regarding separation of my parent in 2003 (we are 3 brothers and one youngest sister), he continued to work and be in social life for the next 4-5 years, later on, slowly lacked interest in work and managing between people in workplace and even with friends, and finally left working in 2009 and from then, he is not able to work efficiently or manage a good relation with any one, he was somewhat suspicion in nature, now he became more suspicion. He did not contacted us sometimes for a year and later on we got him by searching somewhere, also, his brother's (my uncle and grandpa family) completely denied him and did not supported at any time and all the family issues were because of them as usually happens in any family. Now the condition is he don't go outside of home for long times, which is really not good for him, he suddenly gets suspicion over anyone, specially when it comes to job and work and most of the time in normal tone. He believe that there is chain of things going against him from his college to anywhere where he wants to work and not letting him do anything. When I say to go outside to even market, he is not interested, it's for the last several years, I did not find a good source to get any information on this, now please guide me to get him and our family a better life. This condition led to severe financial instability, we faced for last 5 years, and now I am working in a bpo to make things better. I searched on the net about this getting to the point the it might be schizophrenia? Something. I'll be really thankful to you.
Voice results from the air that comes out of the lungs and passes through the vocal cords. The latter is also known as the voice box. Speech results from the vibration of the chords. Voice disorder might occur for various reasons such as tone, pitch, and volume of the if the voice. The roots of all problems boil down to the malfunctioning of the cords.
Voice disorder examples:
- Laryngitis: Laryngitis results from the swelling of the vocal cords. It can lead to a temporary halt of voice or a voice with hoarseness. It often occurs due to a viral attack in the respiratory tract. It can last from a few days to a few weeks. The treatment suggested for cases like these include resting the voice and intake of a lot of fluids. Some common causes that are responsible for laryngitis are GERD, chronic cough, and asthma.
- Vocal cord paralysis: Paralysis of the vocal cord can be temporary or permanent. The possible cause of this scenario can be from viral infection, cancer, surgical injury to the nerve etc. In the case of a paralysis of the vocal cord, a person might find difficulty in breathing, can result in weak voice etc. While this condition improves for many people with voice therapy and surgery, for some they permanently lose their ability to speak.
- Spasmodic dysphonia: The vocal cord spasm due to a problem with the nerve. This condition can lead to a quivery, hoarse, groaning or jerky voice. In this condition, a person might find it easy to speak at times and have difficulty in speaking later. Botulinum toxin and speech therapy help to improve this condition.
Possible causes of voice disorders:
- Growth: Extra tissue formation on the vocal cords might stop the vocal cords to work properly leading to voice disorders. The growth can be treated with injection, medicine or surgery.
- Swelling and inflammation: Exposure to chemicals, vocal and alcohol abuse, surgery-related complications can lead to inflammation or swelling of the vocal cords resulting in voice-related problems.
- Hormone: Disorder of the male, female and thyroid hormone can lead to voice related disorders affecting speech.
Symptoms of voice disorders:
- The harshness of the voice
- Voice is breathy, weak and whispery
- The voice sounds like choppy or strained
- A quivering sound while speaking
- The voice sounds harsh or rough while speaking
Diagnosis of Voice related disorders:
Voice related disorders can be detected through a process known as Laryngoscopy. This helps a doctor to view the throat region and find out the possible culprit that may be causing the problem. Some other popular methods are stroboscopy, EMG and imaging tests such as MRI and X-Ray of the throat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a speech-therapist.
I am 47 years old married man. I have taking daily half bottle whisky for last 20 years now I want to leave. So please help me what I should do?
I am experiencing headache and feeling stressed for many days. I am not able to concentrate on my studies. I am not able to remember the things that I had learnt. Can you please help me with this problem.
Sir I am 23 years old male. Sir I am suffering with social anxiety and stammering. I am feeling each day has a hell, sir kindly suggest me for whom I should consult to solve my problem ?
Did you know that almost all of your nerves converge in your feet and that your foot is the most sensitive part of the human body? Did you also know that if there are any complications to your body, then the feet can show the symptoms indirectly? Science has time and again proved this and it is high time that you give the adequate care for your feet.
This is nowhere explained better than in ancient Ayurveda, where it emphasises the importance of foot massage and the need to strengthen the nerves. Ayurveda has a long traditional foot massage therapy called as “Padabhyanga” which can be traced back to more than 5000 years. The foot massage with essential oils would improve blood and lymphatic circulation, nourishes the skin, and calms the restless mind.
Foot massaging can relax the muscles of the feet and legs, it can also help in relieving stress and anxiety. Just like how the tree gets their nourishment from their roots, channelling a proper foot massage can rejuvenate the entire mind and body. Let us look at in detail.
What is Padabhyanga?
The word Padabhyanga comes from the two Sanskrit words “Pada+abhyanga” “Pada” means foot and “Abhyanga” means massage. It is one of the most calming and soothing massage therapy and can keep your mind and soul revitalised if done in a proper way. Participating in this massage therapy daily can allow you to release the clogged energies.
3 Types of Padabhyanga Massage:
The massage can be segregated into three different types as detailed below.
- Padabhyanga with hand: This type of massage is the fundamental form of massage and is basically done by your hand in the rubbing and stroking of foot. The heat is generated by it and the cardiovascular circulation gets activated. The massage uses sesame seed oil generally and in some cases even herbal infused oil is also used for a better cure.
- Padabhyanga with kasa bowl: In this type of massage, a Kasa bowls with oil coating are wormed. Then the bowl’s round surfaces are used to massage the foot and sole in a circular motion. The kasa bowls are generally made of copper and tin. Massaging in such a manner can eliminate toxins and it can also release negative energies from your body.
- Padabhyanga marma therapy: This type of therapy is very similar to acupuncture, where the pressure points of your feet are activated. These are called as marma points and special care is taken to make sure that these marma points are activated by pressing them over a small period of time. The therapy releases negative energy and relaxes your mind with rejuvenation.
I do masturbation and it made my life in trouble I don't know how to control it please guide me hot to stop it I was health person mentally and physically but now I'm suffering mentally and physically I'm losing weight and memory is very weak compare to past?
But rashmi mam menstrubutation cause problem na? If I manstrubutate then I cause some memory problem? And manstrubutation once in a weak is safe.
4 ways to control your obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a type of anxiety disorder in which a person has recurring thoughts and feels the urge to perform certain specific tasks at regular intervals.
Living with OCD can very difficult and medications or therapy alone cannot guarantee complete recovery. The patient himself/herself has to take certain steps to win against the disease.
Here are some measures you can take to control the symptoms of OCD to recover faster.
1. Accept the truth
If you cultivate an accepting approach towards the fact that you are suffering from OCD and will experience obsessive thoughts then it will be easier to cope with the situation. You have to convince yourself that the recurring thoughts and compulsions you're having are not real, do not imply anything and will go away soon. This helps you maintain an optimistic approach and accelerate your recovery process.
2. Try to postpone your compulsions
When you have the urge to do certain ritualistic tasks try not to give in to them. Try to suppress the urges by saying to yourself that you will do it later and then involve yourself in normal day to day activities so that the compulsions can't rule you anymore.
3. Divert your attention
When you feel that you are having a recurring thought or compulsion, try to distract yourself by channelizing your thoughts towards some other activity. You will find that as you engage yourself in other activities, the obsessive compulsive thoughts will lose their impact on you and will prove to be less bothering.
4. Tell yourself that ocd is one of the most insignificant things of your life
Reduce the amount of value you impart to the disorder. Try to convince yourself that ocd cannot change your way of living life and you don't need to give in to your recurring thoughts and compulsions every time. Try to believe that you will not let this disorder affect your life in anyway and it's just your brain bringing these thoughts, not you.
Hello all, I want to know a normal person help to the depressed person? Coz, my friend is depressed due to she her separation. I am trying to help her but she like to drink smoke and sleep, stay at home and don't want to roam or do some hobby works. If I go and roam she don't allow me too do so as well she ask me to stay at home drink smoke sleep. I like to do photography and travel but now a days I feeling myself as depressed staying at home. If I visit to my friends and enjoy the eve she call me a we had a fight. My mood got off. Her parents take her to councillor but as per they don't know anything. Please suggest me what should I do? Help me please.
"Is there a recovery from depression without medication?"
This is a question that many people ask Dr R K Aggarwal and rather they also search for the web, talk to other doctors to seek alternative then treatment hoping that they can recover on their own without taking any treatment. Well for that answer can be very complicated as well as simple. It basically depends on the severity and persistence of the symptoms on is having.
Few people with whom Dr R K Aggarwal has had experience with has recovered fully from depression entirely on their own using some of the natural tips and treatments which are i am going to mention in this article as well.
If anyone needs to directly come and talk with, He/She is welcome to come and talk with Dr R K Aggarwal directly.
Reaching out for a help is an important part of the recovery process but to get that help can take many forms and what works for one person may not also work for another so be careful before using any methods without prescriptions.
There are effective non-drug treatment options for mild to moderate depression.
Many people with mild to moderate depression, where sleep is adequate, can recover from depression with talk therapy and adjudicative strategies such as exercise, improved nutrition, mindfulness techniques, sunlight or light therapy, support from friends, family or a support group, and lifestyle changes. All individuals with depression should rule out a medical issue which may contribute to their depressed mood. Many medical problems, including vitamin deficiencies and hormone imbalances, can contribute to depression. Getting a thorough physical exam to rule out a medical cause is important.
If there is no clear medical cause, psychotherapy which focuses on improving self-care, reengaging in pleasurable and meaningful activities, and managing negative thoughts can be helpful in many cases. Working on issues that are impacting relationships with friends, loved ones, and
family can also greatly relieve depression in some individuals.
And for some,
exploring and resolving unresolved grief or early childhood trauma may be important.
Other approaches that can contribute to recovery include bodywork, acupuncture or other alternative medical approaches, meditation, yoga, or spiritual exploration.
Taking medication for depression, when needed, should not be viewed as a failure.
However, it is important to recognize that depression is an issue as serious as diabetes, epilepsy, or even cancer. Because it involves mood, thoughts, and behavior, it can often be treated through those channels. But there are also genetic and environmental factors that make some individuals susceptible to depression and which may result in a more persistent condition that is more difficult to treat.
Just as other conditions sometimes require medication for their treatment, depression may also require medication to fully resolve. And it is important to recover fully rather than settle for persistent mild depression. Persistent depression can become chronic and more severe over time as the brain becomes accustomed to the depressed state. Therapy and medication combined have the highest success rate in terms of resolving depression, and when therapy alone is not sufficient, it may help to consult with a doctor to discuss medication options.
It is important to remember that, when it comes to treating depression,
There is no prize for recovering “better” than another person.
Recovering without therapy, without medication—literally “on your own”— does not earn you any awards.
The prize is being emotionally healthy.
Now a days students from all over india started complaining of poor concentration and poor memory problem, anger outburst.
There are many reasons for above mentioned complaints.
First thing that affect your study is atmosphere, plan your study room according to your need.
Second is any relationship issues with your friends, family and others.
Third one is use of gadgets in between study. One can set daily limit for gadget use.
Fourth one is underlying psychological issues such as low mood, any stressor, repetitive thoughts or images, fearfulness, sleep problems.
Fifth one is not interested in study at all from the beginning so one should have proper interest in study. Interest in study can be evoked by your life's long term goals.
These are only few specific problem. There may be other reason also according to individual life.
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.