Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Janaki RamaiahYour feedback matters!
I have lots of ego's problem ; sometimes I cant control it; become abnormal & I get lots of irritatin and tension. Doctor please help me to solve this ; some times I cant control myself I am really dieying because of this.
How to reduce psychological fears about surrounding crowd while sitting on first bench of class to get concentration on studies.
I am of 49 years. For the many years I am feeling tension for any work without any reason. always I think negative and presumes unwanted incidents. Due to some recent problems I am all ways thinking of the incident and feeling tensed. please suggest?
When I try to study. I often feel bored and stop studying. What should I do to increase my concentration level.
I wanted to ask medication for this problem can you please suggest me remedy for the same I am suffering from chronic stress, constant anxiety, fear, difficulty understanding and thinking as I have to mug everything ; irritable bowel syndrome, sexual disorder, poor memory, difficulty learning, confusion, unable to express myself, low iq, body pain, underweight and many more symptoms related to above since 8 to 10 yrs affecting my social and academic life to larger extent, Please help.
I am regularly smoker everyday I smoke 12 more cigarette and I smoke past 8 years so how to clear dust & nicotine of my lungs and how to stop.
For a fully functional and productive life, a person requires a healthy body and a healthy mind. Mental health issues could range from depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorder, dementia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, schizophrenia, autism and other causes. Hence, it is important that a person pays attention to these mental health disorders to avoid further problems in their lives, as well as the lives of the people around them.
Here are a few reasons as to why a person should not avoid or ignore their mental health problems:
- Better Physical Health: There is a solid association between the brain and the body. In case you are in physical pain, your work and family life might be influenced or you will be unable to do the activities you might like. This can prompt anxiety, nervousness and depression. People with physical health issues are three times more prone to look for mental health care than those without physical conditions as physical health problems can prompt mental distress and mental health issues can impair your physical health.
- Enhanced Productivity and Financial Stability: Stressful situations may trigger reactions that can make a person unproductive and lead to financial problems as well. Some people end up abandoning their homes, going bankrupt or homeless after trying to manage some sort of mental illness.
- Less Strain on the Family: Mental sickness or disorders influence families as well. The children of individuals with mental health issues are at more serious danger for misuse, disregard and an extensive variety of emotional and behavioral issues. Since they cannot look up to their parents for help and they frequently isolate themselves from their friends and most of them do not get the required social backing. Much of the time, the impact extends into adulthood, driving children to look for psychological or mental treatment of their own.
- Evasion of Crime and Victimization: A few studies recommend that individuals with untreated mental health, particularly in combination with other risk factors, might be at risk of carrying out criminal activities, violence or most probably becoming victims themselves. The danger increases gradually when the individual uses medications or alcohol or has acute symptoms. It could also happen if they are not aware of their mental state or have a poor adherence to medication. Usually, acts of violence happen against relatives or somebody in the individual's nearby group of friends or in close proximity to them.
- A Longer, Happier Life: Individuals with even a mild mental health issue may have a lower life expectancy and a short life span. Those with the largest amounts of depression or nervousness had the danger of death that increased an incredible ninety-four percent, mostly identified with heart diseases.