Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Janaki RamaiahYour feedback matters!
I am smoking since 1 year and I want to quit this please help me every time I tried to quit but I can't please tell me how to quit this.
I am student of age 21 and I am smoker but now I want to quit. I am smoking from 2 years. I am going in mnc company and they have their further pre joining process. Of medical Just I want to confirm in stool test nicotine appears and in urine and in blood Please help me and also tell me some currucilum activities so that my body tar should me removed.
I am suffering from concentration problems and also my memory has become weak. My head pains when I face any complicated issues at work or at home. I am unable to memorise anything. I have developed a tendency to forget. I am 30 years old, male. There has been a dip in my confidence which is affecting my work and my life. Please advise. I have no medical ailments.
I am suffering form trigeminal neuralgia from 2007. I have taken oxytol 150 -600 mg per day. In the year 2014 i gone through an operation. The pain is till there. Now i am taking zenretard 600mg + ziline150 per day. But the pain is till there. Can i get relief from this unbearable pain ?
Hello sir I am a student Age 24 physically fir but mentally a little bit weak only for studying case My exam will be held in oct 2016 Sir I am very very I did not grasp anything related to study I forget after 2 days My brain memory is weak how can I improve this ? I do mediation as well as excuse in evening & murng respectively. I search many powders supplements capsule name but I am confused I do not knw which is best ? Wht I take to improve my brain memory ? I am hasty boy I think if any1 give me a work , I finish in 1 sec it is my weakness Please tell me some best medicines to improve my memory ! Thanking you !
I am a 31 year old female with a disloyal husband who has a very bad family background. I want to protect my 5 year old son from my husband' s family.Please suggest.
I lost somebody close last year and since then full depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I have a collegue who had periods and she sat on sofa and stained it. Now it comes to my mind that whoever sits on that sofa gets that dirty blood at there back. Though this incidence is 2 yrs old. Even then I feel everything dirty with that blod. I think that people sit on the sofa and then on chair and have made all chairs dirty. Then these people also sat on my scooty and I think my scooty also got dirty with that blood. When I sit on scooty, I dont want to do this but I am obseessed to do. Please help. Am I having ocd
I have acidity problem der is nothing happening in stomach but I have high problem of acid reflux and also upper body pain.
Hi sir. My mind is so disturbed sir, because am in a relationship ith a girl for the last 8 years, we are so closed, but now she says that she is only hav friendship ith me, she dont want to marry me, I am so upset doctor, I lose my mind control, I dont kno doctor what happened to me.
Anger is among the gamut of emotions we exhibit as a reaction to a situation, and it is a 'normal' emotion too as long as it is kept under control. Some people have the propensity to explode when pushed to the extreme. They keep swallowing their emotions until they can finally do it no more, and erupt like a volcano. Others dealing with extreme anger are like a ticking time bomb. You'll never know what you unwittingly say or do can trigger an explosion. In either case, anger that cannot be controlled comes with a physical reaction.
Your heart beats faster preparing you for both action and reaction. Your breathing quickens. You may clench your fist, tighten your shoulders and go into a defensive position. The problem arises out of the fact that it is almost impossible to feel anger and empathy at the same time. An angry person is seldom sensitive to the well being of his victim, and hence may lash out verbally and sometimes physically. Such things done in the heat of the moment mostly leaves us with regrets. So here are a few ways to deal with extreme anger.
- Acknowledge it: The first step in solving a problem is recognizing that you have one. The fundamental problem here is that people believe they are on the right track and refuse to budge from their views. It is essential to realize that this step is not about deciding whether you are right or wrong, but acknowledging the fact that your reaction to the situation can be channeled in a better way. When getting someone to acknowledge their anger problem, be careful as to not use negative words like wrong, false and shouldn't. Instead, influence with positive words like can and should. Instead of saying 'You are wrong to react like this', you can say, 'I understand what you are feeling. Is there a way we can resolve this situation?'
- Recognize the signs: Once you know that your problems exist, you can try devising ways that will work for you in dealing with the situation. You can count to 10 to calm yourself or simply decide to not speak until you can calm yourself. Knowing that you may enter into an argument in a situation, you can list down the points that you feel strongly about and discuss each of them one by one. Working your way through a finite list gives a better opportunity to reach closure at the end.
- Find ways to let it go: Not all arguments end in closure. A lot of unsaid justifications cloud our mind repeatedly leaving us seething from the inside. Research has shown that the neurological anger response lasts less than two seconds. Beyond that it takes a strong will to stay angry. Once you realize how much your anger is consuming your mind, decide to free your mind with meditation and other calming exercises. Tell yourself that some people and issues simply don't deserve your anger, emotion, reaction or time.
Want to quit smoking, When ever I try it, I feel very louder, I talk to people in very bad way, I can't keep patience.
I am suffering from social anxiety. And not being able to enjoy my life. Have even tried things like visualisation. But they help only for short term. I feel so depressed about it. I fear it is going to severely affect my career as I am a CA student. N I have to face the corporate world. God only knows how I am going to tackle. Is there any solution? Pls help me out.
I am suffering from anxiety till last 2 years. Is there any cure of it. My doctor said that it will cure in 3p days. But it still exist. What should I do?
How do I leave smoking habit. The consumption is increasing day by day. Kindly help. I want to leave this habit. I don't have control over myself. Please Suggest.
I feel very different. Rate of doing these masturbating habits increasing day by day. Due to which loosing weight.
My name is Javed Haider 23 from Kalyani West Bengal. I am unmarried and a chain smoker. A month ago my weight was 65 and now I am 55. It affects me very badly, feeling sick and losing weights in regular intervals.
What is stress??
There are situations in life when a person is required to perform beyond his/her normal capacity, or situations when some expectations are not met. This creates anxiety, fear and anger. This is a situation where a person feels inadequate, under-confident and experiences loss of control. This affects a person's physical and mental wellbeing. This feeling of fear, anxiety, restlessness is commonly known as "tension or stress".
Symptoms of Stress :
- Anger and Aggression: While under stress a person starts doubting his/her own capacity and efficiency because he/she feels inadequate or incapable of performing certain tasks. This creates a lot of anger or frustration and sometime, may result into aggressive behaviour.
- Irritability: Under stress people get irritated for no reason. There is loss of patience, loss of sense of humour.
- Sleep Disorders: A person under stress may not be able to sleep at all or in some cases sleep excessively.
- Eating Disorders: A person under stress may lose appetite or in some cases, tend to overeat resulting in harmful effects on body.
- Anxiety: Stress may cause a lot of anxiety and restlessness. The person under stress may not to able to concentrate and unable to focus on any activity, making things more complicated.
- Depression: In a few cases a person under a lot of stress may go into depression.
- High BP: Body and mind are closely connected. Hence stress in mind creates stress in the body and under stress, blood pressure may rise.
- High Sugar Level: Stress may increase the blood sugar levels.
- Headache or Unexplained Body Pains: Stress may cause headache or body aches in different parts of the body, without any physical reason for it.
What causes stress ?
- Relationship Issues - Conflicts in relationships is a major cause of stress.
- Lifestyle - Working for long hours, sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy food habits, along with insatiable urge for money causes a lot of stress.
- High expectations from oneself and from others - The peer pressure, the pressure of constant deadlines builds up a huge stress. When a person has very high expectations from himself/herself without corresponding efforts, there is a fear of failure which causes lot of tension. At the same time, having unrealistic expectations from others also is a definite reason for disappointments, resulting in stress.
- Physical and Emotional Abuse - When a person is physically or emotionally abused and unable to defend himself/herself for various reasons, it causes frustration. This results in anger and stress.
- Competition - Unhealthy competitions with others create a feeling of inadequency and result in lower self-esteem and sadness, thereby causing stress.
- Health Issues - Chronic and serious health issues cause lot of tension.
- Suppressed Emotions - Lack of freedom to express own emotions and feelings, amounts to stress.
- Lack of Assertiveness - Inability to say "No", when wanting to say so, inability to fight for one's own rights, causes tension and anger.
- Boredom - Lack of creative/interesting occupation may cause stress especially in old people or people with physical disabilities.
- Low self esteem, feeling hopeless and helpless - If a person has low self esteem and does not value oneself, it causes lots of negativity and stress.
Why stress management is important?
Body and mind affect each other's functioning. When the mind is stressed out, it gets reflected in the body in the form of high blood pressure, high sugar levels, indigestion, acidity, heartburn, ulcers, skin rashes, headache, nausea, cancer, eating disorders, psychosomatic pains etc. It may trigger asthma, migraine etc.
Because of these harmful effects of stress, the body's capacity to function reduces. At times, it may cause serious threat to one's life. Hence, it is very important to learn to relieve and also to manage stress, in order to have a long and healthy life.
There are a number of ways to relieve stress:
- Sleep, take rest, relax.
- Take a break from daily routine, do something different, take a short vacation.
- Go for a walk/jog/run/cycling. Practice Yoga, meditation, deep muscle relaxation, etc.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Play with children.
- Spend time with pets.
- Pursue a hobby like reading, gardening, painting, music, dance, singing, cooking, etc.
- Recreation - Watch a movie, play, picnic, go for a drive or shopping.
- Pamper yourself with beauty treatments, massage, or your favourite food/drinks.
How to manage Stress?
Stress is inevitable part of life now. Right from a kid going to Pre-Nursery school to senior citizens staying alone at homes and having severe health problems; all are under lot of stress. No one can avoid stress. But there are certain ways to manage your stress-
- Self-awareness. Learn more about your own self. Understand what induces stress in you, what tasks are difficult for you, what situations are difficult for you and then try to figure out the reasons why it is so. Try to resolve or modify your thoughts and attitude.
- Identify stressors and explore options. Once you identify what is causing your stress, try to find more options to resolve your issues.
- Reasonable Expectations and Feasible Goals. Have reasonable expectations from yourself and from others. Have goals which are possible for you to achieve.
- Learn assertive techniques. Learn to express your feelings, learn to fight for your own rights, understand and respect other's rights.
Try to minimise stress in life and lead a happy healthy life.