Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JanYour feedback matters!
Sinusitis is an irritation or swelling of the tissue covering the sinuses. Healthy sinuses are loaded with air. But there are times when they get blocked and loaded with fluid. In such cases, germs can develop and cause an infection. Due to this infection, your nose gets heavily blocked along with you sinuses and might make it difficult for you to breathe.
Conditions that can bring about sinus blockage include the following:
- Common cold
- Allergic rhinitis (swelling of the lining around the nose)
- Little developments or growths in the covering of the nose called nasal polyps
- A deviated septum (a shift in the nasal cavity)
Here are some of the ways you can get rid of sinusitis naturally:
- Soups and warm water: Drink warm water, soup or broth, and hot tea. These liquids will disperse bodily fluids and drain it from the disturbed sinuses.
- Turmeric/Ginger root: Turmeric root is an excellent fragrant spice found in most Indian and Middle Eastern dishes. Turmeric not only contains the regular calming and anti-inflammatory curcumin, it is also an antioxidant. When it is mixed with hot ginger ale and blended with hot tea, this mixture can remove excess fluid from the clogged nasal sections, ease sinus pressure and make you feel better.
- Spicy food: Spicy ingredients such as mustard, hot peppers, curry, horseradish, and masala in one’s food may help in clearing severely blocked sinuses. In case you like spices, think about including some hot flavours to your food to open your nasal entries.
- Apply warm packs: You can use a warm pack to keep the nasal tissues damp. Also, fill a round bowl or pot with steaming water and place your face over it with a towel around your head to inhale the steam in. This will open up your sinuses and make an easy path for fluid drainage.
- Take a steam: High temperature water vapour can saturate the sinuses. Sprinkle a couple drops of eucalyptus in the shower or bath and steam up your bathroom. A hot shower can also relax the bodily fluid as well as the mucus and debris that are stuck inside your nose.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is not only powerful in disposing off sinus issues; it can also be used for different skin and hair issues. What it does essentially for sinus infection is that it clears up the nose so that the bodily fluid can be removed quickly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hello doc. 10 days ago I slipped in my room and fell down with all the impact on my right knee. That day I faced trouble in moving my right knee but from the next day onwards I was able to walk on plane land freely, but faced difficulty in walking up and down the stairs and sitting with legs crossed. I thought that it'd heal in 3-4 days but now 10 days have passed by and the situation remains same. I've avoided taking painkillers or any other medicine. The knee stays well until I start climbing stairs or try to sit down in the "bathroom " So, what should I do now? Should I get an X-ray done or wait for a few more days for it to heal on its own. Please suggest me some home remedy if you think that would be optimal.
I am losing my hair soon badly, It started a year before. I got so many pimples upon my head. I want to get rid of it. Please provide me a good solution. I can't concentrate on anything because of these on my head.
What precautions should be taken to check sinus? I have this dust allergy which causes flowing nose and frequent sneeches.
My husband is 43 years of age. He has high fever from last Thursday (4th August) evening and at the same time he started having hiccups continuously. Doctors suspected Dengue but it came negative. Malaria and typhoid also came negative. There is 3 mm stone in gall bladder. Fever reduced on Saturday but hiccups are continuing. Could there be any other reason?
Hi please suggest some tablets for long sex without side-effect. And also suggest which condoms to use for safe sex . Also some advice to have safe sex.
Suggest me medicine for premature ejaculation occurring due to excessive masturbation? And also helpful advice for me?
Myself 33 yers male. Married for 4.5 yrs. During intercourse I am undergoing early ejaculation. It is taking hardly 2 min to cum out. Help me with your valuable suggestion.
Dear sir mujhe cough ki problem h. Gharelu upchar bhi bahut karta hu . Jese ki (haldi wala dudh, honey ginger, honey dhalchini, cough syraf, rum,) lekin 1-2 din aaram milta h jyada fayeda nahi mil raha h mujhe kya karna chahiye.
I am 25 year old male and last year I got married. Now after 1 year I see sudden change in erection of my penis. It is not fully erect like before. I smoke 1 cigarette and also eats some pan masala daily. And also consume less water. Due to my daily routine I never gave attention towards my health. Please give me proper Idea what to do now.
Corns and calluses are defined as thickened and hardened areas of the skin, which are formed due to excess pressure, friction or rubbing in a particular area. They generally form at the bottom of the feet and can cause discomfort and pain while walking. Corns usually form on the sides and tops of toes. There are several variants of corn such as hard corn, soft corn and seed corns. Calluses typically form in areas which undergo high friction. It can appear on hands and feet. Read on to find more about corns and calluses.
1. In some cases, corns or calluses may form due to improper walking motion but in most cases corns and calluses form due to wearing shoes which fit in an improper manner.
2. High heels in particular are a major reason for the formation of corns and calluses. Other reasons include foot deformities or wearing shoes and sandals without socks.
3. Corns and calluses have a risk of being infected by bacteria which causes the infected region to secrete pus or fluid.
There are different types of corns and calluses and each of them have different symptoms during their formation.
1. A callus is a small patch of dead skin which can form anywhere in the body but usually in places which undergo friction.
2. A hard corn is a patch of hard skin which is located outside the little toe or on top of a toe.
3. A soft corn is a sensitive red patch of skin which is typically found between toes.
4. A seed corn is a painful patch of dead skin which typically forms on the ball of the foot or on the heel.
If you have developed a corn or a callus it is advisable to consult a doctor as they can correctly differentiate between warts and calluses. Use of moleskin around the corn or callus usually reduces the pressure from the affected region. Oral antibiotic medication can also be prescribed by your physician. Certain moisturising creams also help treating corns and calluses. Opt for stronger moisturising creams after consulting your doctor if regular ones are not helping. In certain instances corns and calluses may need to be surgically removed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.