Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jamuna N
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Sleeping Problem
Ear Acupuncture Technique
Scalp Acupuncture Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jamuna NYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Salad is no longer considered a poor man's diet. Gone are the days when the sole purpose of having a salad was to lose the stubborn and unwanted body fats. Salads can be extremely healthy and nutritious. With salads around, the long and gruesome hours in the kitchen are a thing of the past. A bowl full of lip-smacking salad, well structured with fruits, vegetables and quality oils, will do your health a world of good. Say yes to salads and its benefits will leave you with a mouth open awe. Preparing salads is no rocket science. Get all the ingredients together, and savour in the palatable powerhouse of health and nourishment.
- A feeling of fullness like never before: Experiencing an irresistible craving for food? Salad is at your service. A bowl of salad will give you a feeling of fullness, keeping the hunger pangs and cravings at bay. With salads, you don't even need to be repetitive. A little modification; and your taste buds are in for a treat.
- Say no to dehydration: Most of the vegetables that go into your salad have high water content. Scorching summers or sweltering heat can leave a person dehydrated. Salads come as a great relief. It works amazingly to hydrate your body, thereby re-energizing you fully.
- Lettuce to fight insomnia: If a good sleep is all that you desire, salad is what you need. 'Lactucarium', a substance found in lettuce, work miraculously to treat insomnia. All the more reasons to include lettuce leaves in your salad.
- The goodness of vitamins and minerals are retained: A lot of important vitamins, minerals and some enzymes (mostly digestive, that gets denatured) are lost to cooking. Taking in raw vegetables ensure that the important vitamins and minerals are not lost. Some raw vegetables contain important enzymes (live) that can greatly aid in the digestion process.
- A salad rich in broccoli, avocados, bell peppers, berries are a rich source of antioxidants. Such salads work wonders and are an excellent boost for the immune system.
- Do not let wrinkles and saggy skin bother you. Some of the fruits and vegetables present in the salad help in collagen synthesis, thus giving your skin a natural glow. It is needless to say that spinach, lettuce and romaine, that form an integral part of your salads, are excellent for the eyesight.
- Some of the fibrous fruits and vegetables can effectively clean the intestine and colon.
The benefits of salads are immense.
A stressful life increases the cortisol content in our body, which in turn is responsible for increasing our craving for food. Often these cravings are more inclined towards sweets. An increased sweet consumption worsens our mood and is responsible for an array of complications such as obesity, diabetes, etc.
On top of this, the cortisol releases an enzyme called cortisone, which further increases the cortisol content in the body. In order to avoid this complication which results from a stressful life, here is a diet that will keep you in good state:
- Asparagus: Asparagus is an ideal low-calorie option. Its high folate content helps to keep the body cool and composed. Asparagus can be consumed with salads or in the form of crisp and broiled snacks. Regular intake of this will go a long way in keeping you healthy under stressful situations.
- Avocados: One single serving of avocado can do good to your body. This creamy fruit has enough glutathione to block intestinal absorption of many kinds of fat. Avocados are also rich in folate, vitamin B, vitamin E, lutein and beta carotene. However, owing to its fat content, too much intake of this fruit doesn’t prove to be very beneficial for the body. This can be consumed as a whole or along with sandwiches and burgers.
- Berries: All kinds of berries are extremely rich in vitamin C, which is known to be a very effective combat for stress. Blueberries are one of the best antioxidants that occur naturally. Apart from this, berries also have the unique ability to reduce cortisol in the body. 3-4 berries can be included in the diet to experience immediate results.
- Cashews: There are a lot of misconceptions about cashews contributing to fat. While they possess fat, they are a great source of protein as well. Cashew is a rich source of zinc that is responsible for combatting stress, depression and anxiety. 2-3 pieces of cashews can be consumed on a daily basis.
- Chamomile Tea: Chamomile tea has a soothing effect on the body. A study conducted by the University of Pennsylvania showed that Chamomile tea greatly helps in fighting stress and has a calming effect on the body. A separate study by the University of Maryland Medical Center showed that Chamomile Tea helps in getting sleep.
- Garlic: Garlic is a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes the free radicals in the body. Allicin is a critical compound found in garlic, which helps to fight against common cold, heart diseases and even cancer. Garlic also fights against stress and maintains calm. This can be consumed with your meals on a regular basis.
These food items can help you a great deal in alleviating as well as getting rid of the stress that keeps bothering you all the time. Hence, start including them in your daily diet for a happy and healthy life.