Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jalajakshi M V
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Jalajakshi M VYour feedback matters!
What vaccine should we take for my 5th month kitten? And this is the first vaccination for my kitten.
My dog is street dog and aged 11years. He keeps biting himself now and have become lazy. Is this coz of age or some other reason.
I have a germen sperherd of age 3 years. He got wounds by another dog below the eyes. When I apply ointment on the wounds he nail down the wounds. Please suggest some oral or injection for this.
My dog actually got a tumor just below it's rib. My dog is not feeling any pain when I touch the tumour I am afraid please help what medication should be taken.
I want a pet doctor I have 6 month old labrador this is a good age for crossing because she's go out side for cure streets dogs.
My kitten paw is bleeding. I took him to the vet she cleaned it and gave him injection but still he is not fine he has started limping.
My 2 month old dog is puking from last night. We have him zafron on a vet advice. But it don't stop, also I see that due to some tik powder it sheds his hair very badly. Kindly suggest.
I am from dhanbad I have a cow two days before she has eaten excess food grains due to which her stomach become very tight now she is not eating any thing so please help me what I do?
Eating a well-balanced diet is the first step towards staying healthy. We all know that our diet should contain plenty of whole grains, fruits and vegetables. However, did you know that some foods are healthier than others?
Here are the 10 most nutritious foods in the world:
- Salmon: Salmon is a fatty fish that contains plenty of Omega-3 fatty acids along with other nutrients. These are essential for the optimal functioning of the body. It also lowers the risk of dementia, heart disease, depression and a host of other common diseases.
- Kale: Kale is a leafy green vegetable that is rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and a number of other antioxidants. It has a very low calorific value and is considered to be even healthier than spinach. The Isothiocyanates and other bioactive compounds in kale can protect a person from some types of cancer.
- Garlic: Along with vitamin and minerals such as calcium, copper, potassium and manganese, garlic also contains Alicen. This has the ability to lower blood pressure, cholesterol and can fight cancer. Garlic also contains pathogens that help in fighting against bacteria and fungi.
- Shellfish: Shellfish includes foods such as prawns, clams, oysters, etc. They are loaded with Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, iron, zinc, selenium, and copper amongst other nutrients. They are considered the most nutritious organism in the sea.
- Blueberry: Blueberry contains flavonoids known as anthocyanins. These have the ability to protect against cancer, heart disease, memory loss and age-related blindness. The epicatechins in blueberry juice also lower the risk of urinary tract infections.
- Broccoli: Sulpher compounds such as sulforaphane can fight against certain types of cancer such as lung cancer, stomach cancer and breast cancer. These compounds pass a signal to genes to increase production of enzymes that detoxify the body. It also contains beta-carotene that safeguards your brain cells and protects your eyes from cataracts.
- Chocolate: Dark chocolate is considered an indulgence but is in fact very good for you. The flavonoids and anti-oxidants contained in it help lower blood pressure, keep blood clots from developing and slow down the cholesterol oxidation process. It also has the ability to lower insulin resistance.
- Flax seeds: Flax seeds are rich in fiber and lignans. These compounds block estrogen receptors and help reduce the risk of cancer caused by hormone fluctuations. They also contain alpha-linolenic acids that are used by the body to produce omega 3 fatty acids.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a great source of calcium and probiotics. This helps keep the gut healthy and in turn boosts the immune system. It also lowers the risk of urinary tract infections, yeast infection and ulcers.
- Avocado: Avocado can help lower cholesterol and are effective in reducing the risk of heart diseases. They are also rich in antioxidants such as glutathione.