Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. JairamYour feedback matters!
I am 63 year old Male I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis in 2007(8 yrs) In May 2012, I developed ampullary carcinoma and operated. I under went 6 cycles of chemotherapy up to Nov.2013. My RA disappeared since than. Now I am feeling fatigue, and stiffness in joints in morning. My AG ratio is .1.18(range.2.5-7) Serum Alkaline Phosphatase.122(range.32-92) Serum uric acid.8.2(range.2.5-7) serum chloride.107.7(range.98-107) PCV/Haematocrit.39.5(range.40-50) RA factor .Negative C-Reactive Protein.Positive ASO.Negative C.A 19.9 .16.03.(range <37) HB.12.1 Monocytes.01(range.2-10) Eosinophils.15(range.1-6) On my legs I feel irritating .ITCH I have low appetite,gas, full Stomach feeling,weakness , fatigue , irregular bowls etc. Kindly let me know if my RA is again starting.?
Over 80% of the population will suffer from lower back pain during their lives. Most cases of lower back pain can be linked to a general cause - such as muscle strain, injury, or overuse - or can be attributed to a specific condition of the spine, most commonly:
- Herniated disc
- Degenerative disc disease
- Spinal stenosis
A number of less common conditions can cause low back pain as well, such as sacroiliac joint dysfunction, spinal tumors, fibromyalgia, and piriformis syndrome.
4 year ago I met with a vehicular accident. That time I had hairline fracture to my shoulder. Most of times I am having pain to my shoulder and neck. Please held.
Your knee is guarded and cushioned by a cartilage known as meniscus. A meniscus tear, therefore, is an extremely painful and discomforting situation. It occurs very frequently and has emerged as one of the most commonly occurring cartilage injuries. What makes a meniscus tear an extremely common phenomenon is the way it can tear that is all it takes is a twist of the knee for it to happen.
People involved in sports mostly face the brunt of this form of injury. The risk of getting meniscus torn increases with age and tends to occur at the slightest change of direction of movement.
Some of the symptoms of a torn meniscus are:
- Pain and inflammation: It goes without saying that an internal injury of the cartilage or tearing away of it would inevitably result in extreme pain and inflammation near the knee.
- Immobility: The extreme pain and inflammation, which follows will inevitably make it difficult to move. Since the pain occurs in the joint, you will have difficulty in walking and any forceful movement will only aggravate the pain.
- Locking of the knee: Locking of the knee refers to a situation when you are unable to move your knee. This occurs most commonly after you have your meniscus torn.
Notwithstanding its frequency of occurrence, there are several ways, by which you can treat a torn meniscus. Some of the ways are:
- Apply ice: In order to get some relief, applying ice is a suitable option. If you apply ice every day for some time, it wonders in reducing swelling and the consequent pain.
- Use a bandage: In order to control the swelling, it is important that you cover your knee with an elastic bandage.
- Change the posture: It is important that you keep the affected knee in an elevated plane, in order to ensure an efficient blood supply and a consequent relief from pain.
Some Medical Treatments
There are many things to consider when deciding how to treat your torn meniscus, including the extent and location of the tear, your pain level, your age and activity level, your doctor's preference, and when the injury occurred. Your medical treatment choices are:
- Nonsurgical treatment with compression, elevation, and physical therapy. This may include wearing a temporary shoulder brace.
- Surgical repair to sew the tear together.
- Partial meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the torn section.
- Total meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the entire meniscus. This is generally avoided, because this option increases the risk for osteoarthritis in the shoulder.
- Whenever possible, meniscus surgery is done using arthroscopy, rather than through a large cut in the shoulder.
I got too much sweat in arms, under arms, leg. It's too much irritates to me. Even whn I'm driving bike in 70km speed I got sweet on my arms, leg. How to stop it.
Hi Dr. What could be the reason behind having backache n abdominal pain after D&C operation. It's been a month now.
1.Keep yourself warm
Back pain is caused due to vitiated vata and the main quality of vata is that it is cold and so it is necessary to keep yourself warm to prevent this disease.
2.Avoid intake of spicy/chilly food
Another feature of a vitiated vata dosha is dryness. To keep yourself hydrated it is necessary to keep a check on your diet. Chilly or spicy food like green chilies and can have a drying effect on the body which can in turn cause constipation, resulting in back pain.
3.Perform and Practice Padahastasana
Padahastasana (standing forward fold pose) is a great Yoga pose for lower back pain as this prevents the restriction of the stool-carrying channels that causes both constipation and lower back pain. Most of the reasons of back pain are not muscular and Padahastasana helps in elimination of the toxins from the body.
4.Oil your body
A vitiated vata causes stress, exertion, depletion and tiredness which in turn cause back pain. Also excess build-up of vata dosha leads to early ageing, and pain in various parts of the body. So to keep yourself young, supple and warm it is necessary that you oil your body daily before a warm shower. This will not just reduce pain in your back but will also slow your ageing process and make your skin healthy and strong.
5.Drink Ajwain (Bishop’s weed seed) tea
Ajwain seeds are highly beneficial for reducing and preventing pain in the back, as well as checking constipation. This can be included in the diet of a person not suffering from heat-related diseases. This is especially good to be consumed during the time of periods by women. Ajwain seeds can be boiled in water and consumed as a decoction. It is an instant pain reliever.