Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JaiprakashYour feedback matters!
What happens to a diabetic person if three crocin tablets powdered are consumed with bittergourd juice daily ?
I was having fever last week. It lasted for 3 days. Now I am having cough it's not getting diagnosed. I tried many cough syrup still the cough is there. Do I need to get proper attention of a doctor or is it a normal cough. It is like paining in throat while I cough. Please suggest some effective medicines.
1. Start your day with a glassful of warm water mixed with one tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. You can also add half a tablespoon of honey to it. Lemon juice acts as a purifier and reduces ama in the alimentary tract.
2. Lassi or buttermilk is excellent for digestion. It improves the digestive flora without hindering the microcirculatory channels of the human body. Buttermilk is best taken during lunch, it should not be consumed after sunset.
3. Have a small slice of fresh ginger with very little freshly squeezed lemon juice. It helps in stirring up the digestive fires and enhances appetite before meal time. If you find it difficult to eat ginger directly, then squeeze out ¼ teaspoon of ginger juice and mix it with ½ teaspoon of lemon juice and have this mixture about half an hour before meal time.
4. Never skip breakfast. Have fresh fruits, boiled vegetables and cooked cereal in breakfast. This is light for the stomach and helps in keeping the digestion fires alive and active all through the day.
5. There are some spices with aids digestion, try to include them as ingredients while cooking your meal. Spices such as turmeric, coriander powder, dried ginger, cumin and ajwain aids digestion as well as helps in flushing out toxins from the body. They also help in better absorption and of nutrients. There are some foods that are difficult to digest, like lentils, they must always be cooked along with above mentioned spices to prevent flatulence.
6. Most people are addicted to caffeinated drinks such as tea and coffee. Try to replace them with herbal teas. Start having a fragrant fennel tea after you have you lunch to improve digestion. If you find fennel good to taste, then chew some seeds after you have your meal.
7. Avoid having snacks between two meals. Your gastrointestinal system needs time to rest as well as recharge in between meals as well as after a meal. If you really feel the need to snack in between then have only fresh fruits as they are easy to digest. In Ayurveda fruits are not recommended after sunset.
8. Have soaked grains, seeds, nuts as well as lentils in warm water for about half an hour to an hour. This makes them simpler to digest.
9. You must eat heavy food items such as cheese etc during lunch meal. The digestive fires are most active during the daytime, they start going into slumber by nightfall.
10. Ice or cold drinks douse the digestive fires, must avoid them at all times. You can sip warm water or water at room temperature throughout the day. It is believed that warm water is exceptionally good for the stomach, it aids digestion and purification.
Doctor there is a pain in my stomach on regular bases, and the pain is now more than a month. I consult to doctors BT they checked me and they said there is nothing to worry BT I think there is a serious problem with me.
Swine flu is infection by influenza virus, scientifically called an h1n1 virus. In the mild forms it presents as common cold (running nose, cough, body aches, mild fever) but in some patients (in a small minority of people) it may become severe and causes pneumonia. Its characteristic feature is that it involves both lungs at the same time and in a very short time so suddenly patient starts developing difficulty in breathing. At this stage some patients require oxygen support and in most severe cases ventilator support may be required. No one can predict that who will develop the severe disease but some people are more susceptible for the same including pregnant women, diabetic patients, and patients having long standing lung, heart, liver or kidney related diseases.
In most of the cases, this flu passes away with simple common cold and these people require only symptomatic treatment and they need not to worry but in severe cases and in the susceptible group as mentioned above specific antiviral drug is given. The best way is to protect yourself and others by maintaining hygiene. Always use hankies or tissues for wiping a nose, cover your face while coughing, wash hands after coughing and sneezing if you have the flu, drink plenty of water.