Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. JaimoYour feedback matters!
I used to sleep late in the night, can you please tell me some of the health hacks which I can apply to stay healthy even if I sleep late.
I am 19 yrs female. I had a small fissure in the chewing part of teeth (molars) about 4 yrs back. I consulted a dentist and he covered it with a small sticker after removing all the decayed parts. Last yr, that cover detached when I had a pista nut. Again I had to cover the teeth. Now I have same kind of small fissures in other teeth also. I have calcium deficiency and hypothyrodism. Can you please suggest any method to prevent these kind of fissures? what should I do?
I am a student of12th, I am getting depressed all time of day, I have lost my self respect and confidence, I am getting weaker and weaker, what should I do to get out from this and improve myself?
5 ways to cultivate self-awareness
1. Create some space for yourself. When you are in a dark room without windows, it is fairly difficult to see things clearly. The space you create for yourself is that crack on the wall where you allow light to come through. Leave yourself some time and space every day – perhaps first thing in the morning or half an hour before sleep when you stay away from the digital distractions and spend some time with yourself, reading, writing, meditating, and connecting with yourself.
2. Practice mindfulness. Mindfulness is the key to self-awareness. Jon kabat-zinn defines mindfulness as “paying attention in a particular way, on purpose, in the present moment, non-judgmentally”. Through mindfulness practice, you will be more present with yourself so that you can “be there” to observe what’s going on inside and around you. It is not about sitting cross-legged or suppressing your thoughts. It is about paying attention to your inner state as they arise. You can practice mindfulness at any time you want, through mindful listening, mindful eating or walking.
3. Keep a journal: writing not only helps us process our thoughts but also makes us feel connected and at peace with ourselves. Writing can also create more headspace as you let your thoughts flow out onto paper. Research shows that writing down things we are grateful for or even things we are struggling with helps increase happiness and satisfaction. You can also use the journal to record your inner state. Try this at home –choose a half day on a weekend, pay close attention to your inner world – what you are feeling, what you are saying to yourself, and make a note of what you observe every hour. You may be surprised about what you write down!
4. Practice being a good listener. Listening is not the same as hearing. Listening is about being present and paying attention to other people’s emotions, body movement and language. It is about showing empathy and understanding without constantly evaluating or judging. When you become a good listener, you will also be better at listening to your own inner voice and become the best friend of yourself.
5. Gain different perspectives: ask for feedback. Sometimes we can be too afraid to ask what others think of us – yes sometimes the feedback may be biased or even dishonest but you will be able to differentiate them from real, genuine and balanced feedback as you learn more about yourself and others. Research has shown conducting 360 degree feedback in workplace is a useful tool to improve managers’ self-awareness. We all have blind spots, so it is helpful to gain different perspective to see a fuller picture of ourselves.
Self-awareness, as “arguably the most fundamental issue in psychology, from both a developmental and an evolutionary perspective”, is a rich and complicated subject. As human beings, we may never fully understand ourselves, if there is such a destination. But perhaps it is the journey of exploring, understanding and becoming ourselves that makes life worth living.
Some of friends told me that cleaning/whitening my teeth at the dentist's will take its enamel off and they will become sensitive to hot and cold food/water. Is that true?
Sir, I am a 21 year old boy, my hairs are falling very rapidly since last 6 months please help me with this! Thank you!
The patient complains feeling like vomiting and loose motions. The patient is alcoholic and is a smoker also. His weight has also reduced as he was not having much food from 1,2 months he preferred fruits only. After going for various tests in the hospital all reports are normal. The liver reports are near the normal levels. But under chest x-ray PA veiw there is some kind of infection or damage found in chest. And after sputum test TB is also found. The potassium and sodium ratings are : potassium On 16/6/2016 - 2.5 On 18/6/2016 - 1.9 Sodium On 16/6/2016 - 130.6 On 18/6/2016 - 128 The blood pressure of patient is low from last 4,5 days near by 100-70. The hospital has discharged the patient saying he is normal now. His TB medicine started but he after taking medicine he feels like vomiting, loose motions starts and he also had 2 vomits after 1st dose which came out with some orange substance with some liquid. He is also getting fever everyday around 100-101°. Can anyone please guide me what should be done now, why he feels like vomiting & loose motions and what diet can be given to him as he is not in a condition to take heavy diets as nOw also he feels like Vomits and loose motions sometimes. Please guide and help me out regarding this.
When I went to check eye power he asked did you have any neck pain, I said yes he asked me to take acupuncture. Now I can't able to sit for an exam my neck is Paining and so that my head is Paining. There is any problem? There is any treatments or any home remedies?
Garlic has long been known as the health booster extraordinaire. But why? The answer lies in the compounds it packs in. Garlic contains several vital nutrients including vitamins, amino acids, and enzymes. It gets its characteristic sulphur smell from the amino acid allicin, and this is responsible for most of its health benefits. Read on to learn more about the health benefits of garlic.
- An excellent anti-oxidant: Research shows conclusively that eating garlic boosts your natural supply of hydrogen sulfide. This gas acts as an antioxidant and helps relax blood vessels and increase blood flow through them, thus promoting cardiovascular health. Higher hydrogen sulphide levels also protect the heart, thereby preventing damage to heart muscle.
- Lowers cholesterol levels: Studies have proved that garlic reduces cholesterol levels, especially LDL and triglycerides by almost 9 to 12 percent.
- Rich in antibacterial and anti-fungal properties: Garlic is a natural antibiotic and can eliminate harmful bacteria while preserving good bacteria. Its allicin content is responsible for its anti-fungal properties.
- Blood thinner: Garlic thins the blood and is an excellent bulwark against heart disease, blood clots, heart attacks and stroke.
- Immune booster: Garlic has strong antiviral properties too. It’s very effective against colds. You can reduce the length and frequency of colds by consuming garlic.
- Lowers atherosclerosis risk: As garlic acts as a blood thinner, it prevents blood clots and destroys plaque, which contribute to the development of atherosclerosis.
- Lowers blood pressure: Garlic is used as a remedy for hypertension all over the world, especially in China and Japan.
- Lowers risk of cancer: Certain cancers can be prevented by eating raw garlic. These include cancers of the stomach, colon, oesophagus, pancreas, and breasts.
Now let’s look at the downsides of garlic consumption.
- A few people may be allergic to garlic. They should never eat garlic raw. And, if they get a skin outbreak, high temperature or headache, they should stop consuming garlic. Eating up to 10 cloves a day is ok, but more than this can have unsavory results like indigestion and garlic-breath.
- Indians are great garlic users, but we make a mistake while cooking with garlic. We cook garlic immediately after crushing or chopping it. But, to maximize the health benefits, you should crush the garlic and use it to cook your curries only after letting it to sit for about 15 minutes. This triggers an enzyme reaction in the crushed garlic cloves that boosts healthy compounds in it.
- Also consume raw garlic first thing in the morning without chewing to reap its awesome health benefits.
- If you are scared of garlic breath, you can consume garlic pills, but the resultant data on these supplements has been mixed. There is no clear indication that the active ingredients in garlic responsible for giving it its health punch, remain active in a pill form too.
I am in a very disturbed mind. Always I am in irritating thought on myself, that is, what goes wrong or going to be wrong inside me. Is it anxiety related hypochondriac psychological problem or any physical problem. A general anxiety always bound me. Sometimes I feel a special anxiety like chest congestion and special nervousness like worry of out of control or senslessness or lack of coordination problem. I am very concerned/confused about my physic and always busy think is this justified or not. I feel very very much tired and fatigued. Palpitation also comes after breaking staircase. Its also leads to anxiety beside it I have vit d, iron defficiency, thyroid problem. Many consultations with doctors and psycolgist s failed for me.
I am suffering from hairloss problem. It effects on my Middle part of my head. There is no dandruff problem. kindly recommend some natural solution.
Hello. M 26 old boy. N I have backache. When I am doing exercise like warmup n some yogaasan. After that my pain increases. I did not work properly that time. So what to do. For this.
I am a 65 years old diabetic person having controlled sugar through regular medications. For last one month I have been experiencing swelling in both the legs and pain in the lower leg area normally covered under socks. My doctor has administered 3-days dytor plus and further changed triglucored forte withzoryl-2mg and istamet. Though my swelling in the legs has gone but the pain still remains in the lower leg area which is hardened. Kindly suggest what medications can be taken for the pain and softening the hardened area of lower leg. I am no more using socks for last one month as suggested by the doctor.
After waking up in the morning, I feel like sleep for more 10 min and not energetic. Kindly suggest to be energetic in t.
I am unable to sing in front of others. Suggest me any medicine or something so that I can improve my confidence and aing freely. Is propranolol is useful for this issue?
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep- rooted problem:
1. Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
2. Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
3. It can be felt throughout intercourse in places such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
4. The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
5. It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
6. Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
7. Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud:
1. While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
2. Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
3. There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
4. Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home:
1. Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
2. It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
3. After- sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice- pack around the vulva.
4. Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water- soluble lubricants for stimulation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!