Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Jai RamYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my back I take many pain killers apply many tubes but I don't benefit from them what shall I do.
I am 21 year old male. I have knee pain for some 3 days. I tried some pain killers but they didn't work and the pain is still there. What to do? Please suggest?
I am 27 years old male and have backpain from 3 weeks. And the kidneystones are not out of my body. So there will be any infection?
Sir, What are the symptoms of disk prolapse? I have heavy backpain. Spending the whole day in front of computer. What are the solution for reduce the backpain sitting in front of the computer? I also want to know the basic disk prolapse symptoms. Thank you.
I am having lower back pain. I have tried lots of exercises and yoga asking for curing it. But they work temporarily .after some time or some days. The pain starts again. Please give me permanent solution.
How the frozen shoulder should be treated for a person having age 45 years with no history of sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure.
Iam 24 hears old. Iam getting back bone pain at the hip position. I have acidity problem. Can you suggest how to get rid off these.
Hi my name is vinay I want to ask a question. My mother is suffered from back pain so what can I do in this situation.
I have been suffering from back pain since last night would you please help me how to get rid of this problem. Thank you.
I suffer from back pain. And only one part keeps on paining. Not the both side. N the pain starts in my back n goes till my toe.
Mujhe 25 din pehle fever hua tha. Fever to 4 days me theek ho gaya tha lakin mere ek right leg ke knee me pain tha. 2 week ke baad pain ab dono legs ke knee me aur joints me pain ho gaya hai. Pain increase ho raha hai. Iske alava legs patle (week) bhi ho rahe hain. Samajh nahi aa raha ki kya karu. Kya problem ho Sakti hai? Paracetamol se koi aaram nahi hai. Jald se jald koi solution bataye.
I am facing back pain problem every morning and sometimes when I walk for 20-30 minutes. Pain is not serious and after sometime it back to normal even. Suggest reason and solution on this. Thanks.
I have the pain in my right shoulder. It started when I tried to lift the weight with right hand 1 week ago. Pain is fading away but I can't get complete relief from this. It pains when I move the right arm very fast. please help me out.
I am a female and I am suffering from backache since 2 days. Which medicine should I use? I am also feeling week. I have also used metopar.
I am 60 years old I have constipation, arthirities, arthoporou, cyatica, kenee pain, lower back ache etc. Please advise me.
Hello doctor I am 19 year old boy I do gym I pick heavy weight lift of 100kg now my back have pain what can I do for this problem?
The bones and joints orchestrate very well with each other for smooth movements of various joints and the spine. However, due to various reasons, some identified and others unknown, there could be inflammation of the areas where the bones join the muscles leading to impaired movement. The range of motion could be reduced or it could be painful, thereby, limiting movement. Spondyloarthritis includes a group of inflammatory diseases that involves the bones and joints and enthuses which are areas where the ligaments and tendons attach to the bones. This causes conditions like plantar fasciitis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis and reactive arthritis. The term spondyloarthritis is a blanket term to describe any of the above-mentioned conditions.
Read on to know a little more in detail about it:
Causes: While the exact etiology is not identified for sure, most patients with spondyloarthritis have an autosomal dominant gene (HLA-B27). Chronic infections could trigger the onset of the disease too.
1. In all forms of spondyloarthritis, there is always inflammation of the spine, joints and entheses. If the fingers or toes are involved, there could be swelling leading to what are typically known as 'sausage digits'.
2. There is sacroiliitis which is inflammation of the joint between the pelvis and the spine, and spondylitis which is inflammation of the joints between the spines. 3. Family history and autosomal dominant gene.
A detailed medical history and physical examination form the cornerstone of a confirmed diagnosis. In addition, radiographic examination and diagnostic blood tests also could be done to confirm the diagnosis. Radiographs, especially, of the spine and the low back show typical changes including sacroilitis in suspected cases of spondyloarthritis. If the spine does not show these changes, but there is a high likelihood of spondyloarthritis, then MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) can be used to confirm the diagnosis.
As a final step, a blood test for the HLA-B27 gene can also be confirmatory. However, it is not true that a person with the gene will definitely develop the disease.
- The most important aspect of treatment is the use of pain medications and anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) which help manage pain and inflammation.
- Corticosteroid injections may sometimes be given directly into the joint spaces or the membranes to provide quick relief of these symptoms.
- ESWT / RSWT has a definite role to cure enthesopathy. Plantar fasciitis, and achillodynia can be cured with ESWT. Even small joints of hand and feet are amenable to treatment with RSWT. It is nonoperative and noninvasive treatment and has no side effects.
- Very rarely, stronger drugs such as methotrexate or sulfasalazine may be used.
- Another set of drugs known as TNF-blockers (tumor necrotizing factor blockers) are also shown to be highly effective in controlling the pain of the spine and joints.
- In very severe cases, surgery may be required to correct joint damages or correct severe degenerative changes.
- Exercise plays a very vital role in controlling the issue and improving range of motion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.