Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jai Kishan ShettyYour feedback matters!
I want to get extract lower wisdom tooth for that do i need a mds dental surgen or a bds can help me.
I have finished my rct last week but after few days I am not able to mouth widely and you am not able to eat properly my mouth is not open properly.
How to destroy my halitosis it's very bad. I can't tell anything to peoples in my daily life properly. I did brush every day properly and normally. Please help.
I done a ceramic braces on my teeth, my dentist cal me every 15 days, he just put rubber on my teeth, is he treating properly?and Is he has to tighting braces?
I am 67 all my teeth are intact. The front teeth upper and lower are a little bit projecting. At this age is it possible to set it right. How to remove stains on the teeth? While chewing /masticating the food the side teeth touches the flesh of the mouth and gets pain. One dentist said slight chipping of the teeth so that it will not harm the sides of the mouth. Pl advise.
Hello. I have a major issue with my mouth and gums. Despite of brushing properly I continuously suffer from bad smell from my mouth. Wat are its causes how cn it b cured? Also my son age 12 years suffers from the same problem. please assjst us. Also I am a thyroid patient.
I have bad smell in saliva No bad breath problem, if I gargle then everything is Ok (for 20-30 min but slowly after some time same foul smell comes to saliva) I brush daily twice a day Flossing the tongue gave some relief If I sneeze the smell is very very bad
How to remove black gums permanently. I heard some laser treatment without any side effect, but I am not sure which was good treatment and what will be the cost. Please suggest the same.
Dental Health is important.
Although, most of us enjoy a healthy oral condition that's because we have been taught by parents and school teachers that we should keep our teeth clean. The School might have arranged dental health seminars and taught how to brush, what to do with your teeth, and how to keep them healthy.
That's how we are going to teach our generation. It's a process.
What Dentists Need to Do?
Dentists are experts in oral health care and management. Not only they treat the dental patients, but also make people aware how to avoid the dental issues. Dentist's responsibilities include:
�Diagnosing the oral diseases and problems.
� Spreading the awareness on oral health.
� Providing the solutions for dental health issues.
� Making and implementing the dental health plans for patients.
� Make necessary assessment arrangements such as dental x-ray to start treatment.
� Guiding the patients during and after the treatment.
� Showing case studies of past experiences to aware patients and other people.
5 Reasons Why People Avoid Dental Treatment
Following are the reasons why people normally avoid their dental treatments in the first place:
1. They have busy Schedules
People have busy schedules. We all have jobs to do. That's one of the reasons most people delay or avoid their dental treatments because they think they don't have time after their job hours. Keeping that in mind, we shouldn't avoid our dental treatment.
2. They don't want lengthy Procedures
Admit it. Dental procedures are lengthy and time-consuming. It might take 3 to 4 months if you have a major oral disease or dental treatment. Haven't you heard from people that they have kept the braces on for next six months as per dentist's advice?
3. They Feel no Pain
If there is no pain, there is no problem. Some people think that way!
It's fair. You might be noticing the symptoms of a dental problem while having ice cream or drinking coffee. If you feel something is wrong with your teeth, you better consult with a dentist before something goes really bad and gets worse.
4. They don't want dental treatment pain
Pain is one of the treatment avoiding factors. Especially women and children don't want to have dental treatment pain. Delaying or avoiding the dental checkup or surgery due to the fear of pain isn't the right thing to do.
5. They don't consider it as Important
People who think it's not really important to get dental treatments should read the American Dental Association's views on Dental Care. Once they read that, they will find out that scientific studies have shown the association of dental issues with other diseases including diabetes and heart problems.
Hi doctor my name is ali and my age is 22 years old I am suffering from bad breath from my mouth I showed to dentist but he suggested me to meet to stomach doctor because of stomach problems you are facing bad breath.please suggest me some remedies to overcome from my bad breath I feel very shameful when I speak to my office team please help.
One thing that can put away talking to someone very interesting is bad breath. And it is not an uncommon problem. While most just try to use mouth wash and chewing gums to keep it away, it is important to note that bad breath can be a sign of underlying causes, both in the mouth and the body as a whole.
Identifying the reason can help in early diagnosis and prompt treatment of the actual disease condition.
There could be oral and general causes for bad breath or halitosis as it is medically called. Food habits and other lifestyle habits including smoking can also lead to bad breath.
- Presence of food debris in a moist environment (saliva) is ideal for the oral bacteria to act on the food particles and break them down. This causes a bad breath, when it leads to plaque formation and it then calcifies into a hardened substance called calculus. Plaque and calculus are the main ingredients for tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Severe tooth decay leads to bad breath as does periodontal infections. In severe cases, there could even be abscess formation in the root area of the tooth with pus formation
- Unclean dentures are another source of halitosis. There could be food lodged in between teeth or the undersurface of the denture, leading to bad breath.
- Dry mouth or xerostomia - Certain diseases and drugs can lead to dry mouth with reduced amounts of saliva. Saliva has a natural flushing effect on the bacteria, and in its absence, the bacteria thrive, leading to a bad odour.
General health: Chronic diseases like gastroesophageal reflux disease, digestive disorders, liver disorders, cancer, and diabetes can lead to bad breath.
- Long-term smoking and/or chewing tobacco and alcohol are also reasons for bad breath.
- Crash diets: People on low-carb diets can have a bad breath, owing to burning of the fat and producing ketones, which have a strong smell.
- Medications: Nitrates to reduce angina, chemotherapy agents for cancer, phenothiazines for anxiety can all lead to bad breath. They reduce saliva and/or release chemicals causing bad breath.
Management: The first step in managing halitosis is to nail the cause down, which makes it easier to treat.
- Start with oral hygiene check, and if there is decay or gum disease, consider restorations and cleaning.
- Mouth rinses can be used in the maintenance phase.
- Cessation of tobacco use should be considered.
- General health conditions like GERD should be managed
- Artificial saliva in cases of xerostomia
- Alternative medications if they are causing the bad breath
Oral breath is definitely embarrassing but can be managed very easily.