Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. JahnaviYour feedback matters!
I sleep well. Walk on every morning on a daily basis. And drink about 7 glass of water daily. And presently I am not going through any mental stress. Yet suddenly I am having this dark circles under my eyes. What should I do?
I took an online test which said I have medium chances of suffering from bipolar disorder. How do I know if it is true?
Hii Doctor, I have a problem I was very shy from childhood and never talk to any person by eye contact specially stranger but now the problem is that I can not talk any female by eye contact my eyes goes to wrong way like her breast so this way I can not go for a interview but I am not that kind of person who think about sex, I can not face any female by eye contact, my eye divert to her body part so that make me feeling strange, that insert some negativity in my body and I can not keep any female relationship, how can I uproot this problem, so that I can talk any female eye to eye with positivity, should I concentrate in mirror and see my own eye.
Hello I am a 24 year male, from childhood I have infertility complex, low self-esteem, some time my actions and thoughts are unwilling to me. I have high temper. I am always confused, ready to quit hard works.
I have a fear about marriage because I do not no all like child bith and financial situation after marriage and when ever a person tells like when will you marry? I am going into depression. So tell me some tips to escape this tension. Age-24 Sex-male Smoke-no Drink-yes.
Hi, I think my nervous system is very sensitive and I have the anxiety problem so what do please suggest me. Every time I talk to a person I fell so nervous why and also my body vibrates any time and heartbeat goes beat very faster. When I go to my viva examination I fell very nervous then my heartbeat beat goes very faster and vibrate hole body and I can't answer anything which are I already read or known, why? Help please:(So how can I control my nervous system.
Hi. My friend recently spoke very low about me which has hurt me a lot. I didn't expect this from him since I trusted him a lot. This particular incident broke me to the core will I ever get out of it?
I get angry with my closest people, and it hurts them. I get angry if I see something wrong is being done. I don't easily let go. How can I control my anger. I really want to change.
27 years old. For last two years I have been gone through depression. I am an engineer. And I have a relation. My boyfriend is also an engineer. But he has no job. My family pressurised me for marry. What to do.
I have so many tension in my family I want get sleep well and also I forget some time to do any work.
Mental illnesses refer to an extended range of health disorders related to the mental condition of an individual which affect the health, mood and behavior of that person. Depression, anxiety, eating disorders, addictive behaviors, schizophrenia, etc. are the different types of mental illnesses.
Mental illnesses can create a lot of trouble in the normal functioning of the day-to-day activities of a person's life. Here are some of the common treatment options available for relieving mental illnesses.
- Medications: Antidepressants, anti-anxiety medications, mood-stabilizing medications, antipsychotic medications are some general types of psychiatric medications prescribed by the doctor, which can be consumed depending on the condition one is going through. Although these medications do not cure the person completely, it helps in improving the condition.
- Psychotherapy: This type of therapy involves talking to a mental health provider about your condition and other related issues. In other words, it is also called talk therapy. It helps a person to cope up with his/her stress. The duration of such a treatment varies. It may either take a few months or even longer, if required. This therapy can be carried out in a group, with family members or even face to face with the therapist.
- Brain-stimulation treatments: When the medications and psychotherapies fail to work in treating mental illness, this treatment is applied. It involves procedures such as electroconvulsive therapy, transcranial magnetic stimulation, deep brain stimulation and vagus nerve stimulation.
- Hospital and residential treatment programs: In extreme cases of mental illness when a person becomes a threat to himself/herself, it is recommended that he/she be hospitalized to a psychiatric hospital.
- Substance abuse treatments: Substance abuse and mental illness go hand in hand. It worsens the condition of mental illness in an individual, if he/she cannot restrict the consumption of alcohol or drugs. In such circumstances, an individual needs to talk to the doctor regarding the treatment options for stopping substance abuse.
I am suffering from mental problems and depression I feel too lonely sometimes and I sometimes lose my senses please help me to sort out my problem.
Depression is also responsible for increasing the chances of having diabetes who have already metabolic risk factors like obesity, increased bad cholesterol, high bp. Etc.